Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout 4 Pre-Announcement Bullshit Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Space Satan

Arcane
Vatnik
Pool's closed
Fb08HpC.png

jiujitsu

Cipher
Project: Eternity
Shadow of fucking Boston? STALKER: SHADOW OF CHERNOBYL

Fuck them. It'll be dogshit compared to New Vegas anyways.

Dreaad

Arcane
Deep in your subconscious mind spreading lies.
I hope they make a Fallout: Voice of teh 4ndr0ids.

Where you collect usb's that unlock programs that you 'load' to control yourself and your environment. You have to raid lots of vaults to get new usb's and sometimes you can find usb's on the newly awakened super deathclawswithwings-r0ids (aka cliff racer 3.0). You find out the deathcl4w-roids were awakened by the master rebuilt as a r0id and now lives in a floating r0id skyshit I mean skyship. The only way to get to this skyshit is to befriend a deathcl4w r0id to fly you up there, because even r0ids can be gay. References to breaking bad and game of thrones sprinkled around to retain "spirit" of fallout series. "I was a dweller like you till I got kneecapped by the NCR."

:4/5::d1p:

Junmarko

† Cristo è Re †
Patron
ESO was clearly an experiment to see if they could go as far as an MMO level, they even set it chronologically before the other games, indicating they were ready to trash it from the beginning, should it lose subscriptions, which it is.
Unfortunately it sold very well though, I've got a feeling future Bethesda games will all have drop in co-op to some extent, all that matters to them now is pure sales. Not that it matters anyway, the list of incline is more than enough to ease the pain.

Last edited:

agentorange

Arcane
Patron
rpghq (cant read codex pms cuz of fag 2fa)
Codex 2012
there will be a group that worships the redsocks, except they cant call it the redsocks because major league baseball will sue them so they will be the redsmocks
there will be people who talk with exaggerated bawston accents
there will be a quest related to clam chowder or some sort of regional food
there will be some sort of child, most likely a girl, or family member that the main character must give a shit about.
ending will veer into heavy handed serious business territory even though the rest of the game is jokey goofy nonsense. ending will probably involve the sacrifice of some character, possibly the main character or their family member.
the color theme of the game will be red
there will be a power armor man on the cover

mZMWS8S.jpg

Lord Andre

Arcane
Fuck Obsidian, give the next Fallout spin-off to Inxile. Obsidian have been without competition for too much time in the "not totally shit rpgs" department, they're over-appreciated under-achievers. But now a challenger has appeared.

Volrath

Arcane
Patron
Fuck Obsidian, give the next Fallout spin-off to Inxile. Obsidian have been without competition for too much time in the "not totally shit rpgs" department, they're over-appreciated under-achievers. But now a challenger has appeared.
Or you could just let Fallout stay dead.

Ineptile making a new Fallout, that's the best thing I've heard all day.

WhiteGuts

Arcane
there will be a group that worships the redsocks, except they cant call it the redsocks because major league baseball will sue them so they will be the redsmocks
there will be people who talk with exaggerated bawston accents
there will be a quest related to clam chowder or some sort of regional food
there will be some sort of child, most likely a girl, or family member that the main character must give a shit about.
ending will veer into heavy handed serious business territory even though the rest of the game is jokey goofy nonsense. ending will probably involve the sacrifice of some character, possibly the main character or their family member.
the color theme of the game will be red
there will be a power armor man on the cover

mZMWS8S.jpg

Is that tree radioactive ?

Lord Andre

Arcane

Why ? What does it matter if they make a 1000 sequels / spin-offs or 0 ? Fallout 1 will remain the same, Fallout 2 will remain the same, so who cares ? They are separate games, the quality of one has 0 influence on the quality of the other. Is this some bullshit about the overall franchise quality or dignity ? No such thing. Or maybe you would like the story to stop at a particular point that you liked ? Guess what, the story can stop exactly where you want because it's fiction, it's not real. Or maybe you are just an edgy fagot trying to be edgy.

I hope they make a 1000 more sequels and maybe 1 of them will be good. And the best part, it doesn't cost me nothing.

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
They're going to be the Fenway Sluggers or something very close to it. I can just feel it.

Tharkin2

Savant
Fenway park will be an arena.

The final champion will be a Super Mutant.

It is home of the Green Monster after all

shihonage

Subscribe to my OnlyFans
Patron
Bubbles In Memoria

Why ? What does it matter if they make a 1000 sequels / spin-offs or 0 ? Fallout 1 will remain the same, Fallout 2 will remain the same, so who cares ? They are separate games, the quality of one has 0 influence on the quality of the other. Is this some bullshit about the overall franchise quality or dignity ? No such thing. Or maybe you would like the story to stop at a particular point that you liked ? Guess what, the story can stop exactly where you want because it's fiction, it's not real. Or maybe you are just an edgy fagot trying to be edgy.

I hope they make a 1000 more sequels and maybe 1 of them will be good. And the best part, it doesn't cost me nothing.

Why? Because there's a limited number of RPG developers, and their time is better spent on a fresh IP, rather than one whose story, setting and fucking engine itself have been run into the ground.

With a new IP there's a better chance to get a coherent universe, a world with an identity rather than a lulzy sci-fi themepark which increasingly has nothing to do with the urgency and excitement of a Mad Max style post-apocalyptic setting. The word itself, "Fallout", had a haunting quality to it in 1997 because it fit the first game perfectly. After that, it started losing its meaning. After Fallout 3, it's become a parody of itself. After New Vegas and its DLCs, it's become a joke in a clown suit.

Fallout is like a demented person without a DNR. It forgot itself a long time ago, but they keep bringing it back to life. Those resources are better spent elsewhere.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
They say when you kill a Brotherhood member, a Dark Brotherhood of Steel member will visit you in your sleep...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom