Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] Spiral

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Nah, we are too much of nervous wreck to do it.
We are the only one qualified.

As for being nervous, that is exactly why we need to get it out of our system now by getting used to the images of wet schoolgirls spontaneously surfacing in our head. It is basic logic, really. :M

TOME

Cuckmaster General
I don't care about Shiba so much that I would risk losing rest of the night. Let's just throw her a life preserver or wait and see.

CB>HB

Nevill

Arcane
I don't care about Shiba so much that I would risk losing rest of the night. Let's just throw her a life preserver or wait and see.
That's pretty much it. Throwing her a life preserver is no different from waiting and seeing.
B. You try to find a life preserver to throw to Shiba. Perhaps she suffered a cramp, preventing her from being able to swim.
There is a large splash in the water above Shiba. Did… something… fall into the pool?
In the dark water, you can only see Shiba’s arms thrashing and churning around but little else. She does not seem to be coming up for air.
Which part of it looks like 'a cramp'? A cramp does not keep one submerged.

It is a choice that 'tries' to help, but cautious enough that it does not try to help with anything meaningful. If she does not reach the surface, how would she grab the jacket? How would she even see there is a jacket?

It is like calling Mitsuki's name in hopes that she will wake up and solve the problem by herself. A wishful, and cowardly, thinking, justifying one's inaction with an appearance of action.

I am sure Sakimura would jump after her, that's in his nature. He may rescue her, or he might not. But I see no point in trying to deceive ourselves.

Besides,
treave said:
Well, if splitting up is always going to be a bad idea I wouldn't keep offering the choice. Then again you're dealing with a bunch of teenagers, so make of it what you will. :lol:
I think by choosing to stay with the group and by remembering how to swim we can make a difference here.

Last edited:

Baltika9

Arcane
Bottom line: we gotta get wet for the schoolgirls so that the schoolgirls get wet for us. Quid pro quo.

TOME

Cuckmaster General
B. You try to find a life preserver to throw to Shiba. Perhaps she suffered a cramp, preventing her from being able to swim.
There is a large splash in the water above Shiba. Did… something… fall into the pool?
In the dark water, you can only see Shiba’s arms thrashing and churning around but little else. She does not seem to be coming up for air.
Which part of it looks like 'a cramp'? A cramp does not keep one submerged.

I didn't pay that much attention to the latter part of the choice. It does sound like justifying our inaction, but I don't like the other options we have.

In C we get separated from our crew and might miss out important clues and/or other opportunies. D pisses of Uehara if it doesn't pan out and A has too big of a risk. Let's give Sakimura a chance to shine.

Nevill

Arcane
I didn't pay that much attention to the latter part of the choice. It does sound like justifying our inaction, but I don't like the other options we have.
[...]
Let's give Sakimura a chance to shine.
That's what I am talking about. If you are going to do nothing and let someone else do the job, just admit it to yourself.
E. You wait and watch for a while more. You are not alone here – someone will go to help her if you don’t anyway.
I don't want another Maeda incident down the line, when we talked ourselves into inaction under the guise of caring for her life.

TOME

Cuckmaster General
But at least we would be moving. I don't want another episode where we are frozen, unable to do anything.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Current tally:

Who's Wet?:
A - 2
C - 1
G - 2
H - 5
I - 5

Pool Play:
A - 7
B - 6
C - 1
E - 2

Update's scheduled to come after a day or so.

everyone voting 2a needs to vote 1g to unlock maximum swimming abilities, it's the only way we're going to get through this

Baltika9

Arcane
Yeah. We're going to save the girl from drowning and creep on her the moment she's out of the water.
+M

Nevill

Arcane
Dude, there was no stalemate before you voted, considering TOME's conventional flop. Uehara was leading 6 to 5.

And now there is. :M

Last edited:

Baltika9

Arcane
Amending my flip: if there's a stalemate, then my vote should be counted as 1I.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom