Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

STALKER Shadow of Chernobyl Mod Thread

DraQ

Arcane
The readme for Subtitles and Closed Captions mod for SOC says that a version compatible with ZRP will be released "soon". It never was or I can't find it. Need help so I can understand the campsite banter and jokes.
Learn to speak potato vodka.

opium fiend

Augur
I speak Serbian so I get some bits and pieces like "ide stalker doktoru", but I miss the punchlines so I stand near the group like a tard :)

Anyway, playing it with ZRP and it's a bit too easy... LURK is too punishing. I'm goldilocks

skacky

3D Realms
Developer
Autumn Aurora adds Burers and a bunch of civilian Zombies in X18, and some Burers in X16. That's about it. And it's still the best mod for SoC so far, especially with its last version that has blowouts. :smug:
Also yeah ZoA is a fantastic mod but it's very unstable especially in Army Warehouses where save corruption can happen very very often.

Last edited:

Baron Dupek

Arcane
They announced release date for Sigerous Mod 3.0 on 2015 January-February :bounce:

Autumn Aurora? What about Secret Trials+Autumn Aurora. Hah.
I'm burned out at that moment and there is still some mods to test. Damn...

Jick Magger

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria
Zombies and Burers aren't hard to fight, they're just tedious. Zombies are a complete non-threat that take 20+ headshots to take down and Burers are easily thwarted by just crouching behind a corner and popping out to shoot them every once and awhile since hitting them too many times will make them pull up a bullet proof MIND SHIELD.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
I'm the fan of SGM in general so any new version of it is warmly welcomed on my HDD.
It add lot of stuff yet don't turn game into completely mess like other mods with huge amount of various content.

Executr

Cipher
I'm currently playing SGM 2.2 and it's surprisingly very stable. Haven't had a crash in more than 50 hours, whereas with every other mod I tried CTDs where pretty common.
Went to check more info for 3.0 and (despite most being in Russian) the screenshots showed a reworked HUD and a new map (Garbage). Exciting indeed.

skacky

3D Realms
Developer
The civilian Zombies in AA aren't bulletsponges last I remember, unlike Lost Alpha's really ridiculous Zombies. Burers don't behave the same as in CoP either and they're weaker in terms of HP as well iirc.

dnf

Pedophile
Dumbfuck Shitposter
They announced release date for Sigerous Mod 3.0 on 2015 January-February :bounce:

Autumn Aurora? What about Secret Trials+Autumn Aurora. Hah.
I'm burned out at that moment and there is still some mods to test. Damn...
Ruskies cannot into quest design. Good pixel hunting STALKER...

Baron Dupek

Arcane
I don't mind weak enemies and mutants if that appeal to our character too. Just can't stand things like eating whole buckshot from point blank in the face and no reaction.

EDIT after few days with no response.
Someone said that Lost Alpha is about walking around huge, empty maps.
He didn't played Dream Reader series.

Basic description sounds fun - mod is in freeplay mode since start, there is some story that lead...somewhere ahead. You just collecting
Thing is - there is more locations, they're bigger than in Lost Alpha and there is nothing on them.
I visited first few and no jobs, no items, no opportunity to do anything. Well, there're some PDAs, there was some info from General about lost tools but nothing found.
I started game, send buckshots to some mere dogs for their tails, money spend on food. Then found Sidorowich by random wandering, he gave me some job but no way to talk to anyone.

Funny thing is - you have a lot more dialog lines to choose when talk with NPCs, but almost all of them are for threats. And they won't work.

Dream Reader is serie of 3? megamods, they're all the same - some locations from older Stalker builds, bunch of patches and still not perfect.
Would be great mod...
That's it, I'm done with Stalkers, will not install any of these games until next year or two. I'm going home...

Last edited:

Silva

Arcane
Firing up CoP Misery 1.2 again. What is there left for me to do ? I've finished siding with stalkers once and with bandits once too. I'm thinking about joining Duty or Freedom now. What's cooler bros ? Freedom look like hippie marijuana lovers so they get my sympathy.

Silva

Arcane
By the way, is Misery 2 better now with the latest updates ? Did they toned down that "hardcore" (aka artificial) dificulty bullshit ?

What's the better version of Misery in the end, 1.2 or 2.2 ?

Ivan

Arcane
1.2 is perfect. 2.2 is bloated with useless inventory items just for the fuck of it. Also, 1.2 runs much better than 2.2.

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Yup 1.2 with some tweaks is simply perfect.
The newer versión are...ok I guess but they complicatedd things a bit too much for the sake of beign "hardcore"

Silva

Arcane
Damn it, they took off version 1 files from their site! Exactly when I wanted to start a new game as never tried before Assault expert!

Anyone know where I could find those files again ? Actually I have a recon install in place, but for changing classes I need the installers again.

Baron Dupek

Arcane

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
Yesterday I found my old savegame and finally got to try lab x18 in all its fucked up glory. Videotaped it like promised back then, but I doubt you want to see a retard running away in circles from flying barrels and the likes. ;D

I'm playing SoC vanilla without any mods this time.

Accidentally gave away the storming obokan (silly name for an an-94) and now I am stuck with the l85 and no nato ammo. Jolly times. :D

Question: can I use the blue locker/box thingy at say, the bar to stash my stuff in there or will npc loot it? I found an RPG that I dont want to keep carrying around all the time.

Last edited:
Yesterday I found my old savegame and finally got to try lab x18 in all its fucked up glory. Videotaped it like promised back then, but I doubt you want to see a retard running away in circles from flying barrels and the likes. ;D

Accidentally gave away the storming obokan (silly name for an an-94) and now I am stuck with the l85 and no nato ammo. Jolly times. :D

Question: can I use the blue locker/box thingy at say, the bar to stash my stuff in there or will npc loot it? I found an RPG that I dont want to keep carrying around all the time.

You should have used ZRP, as it's bugfixes only, and VERY nice.

DraQ

Arcane
Yesterday I found my old savegame and finally got to try lab x18 in all its fucked up glory.

Videotaped it like promised back then, but I doubt you want to see a retard running away in circles from flying barrels and the likes. ;D
:D How did you like it?
Also, of course we do.

Good, but ZRP would have been better - it's effectively vanilla++.

You can use it as your stash.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom