Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Ground Zero

elander_

Arbiter
Have you missed this stuff?
http://www.bethsoft.com/bgsforums/index ... pic=684506

I'm donwloading the demo and trying it now:
http://www.groundzeromod.net/download.html

Youtube video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ewN2qBXQKXY

This looks like an awesome mixture of Daggerfall procedural generated towns with Fallout universe and TB tactical combat. If they can get this stuff working and modable it will be awesome.

Section8

Cipher
Wow, good find. I remember toying with similar ideas with an X-Com mod for Battlefield 1942, but we never got that far along. I'm especially enamoured with the idea of single action turns/phases from a first person perspective, since player choice is at the forefront rather than player reflex, and the game doesn't have long periods of non-interaction.

I'm very interested in seeing how this one develops. Has a lot of potential. Shame I'd have to buy a terrible game just because this uses the engine.

Nog Robbin

Scholar
Does look interesting. Wonder if they get building to collapse if there is insufficient stuff underneath (or nothing!) holding the upper layers up. Otherwise it would be a bit like worms where you can get floating scenary.

Kingston

Arcane
I lack the wit to put something hilarious here
Yea, I've been keeping my eye on it. The fact that the developers realise the factors of what makes good rpgs is promising (check their forums). I downloaded the 3rd prototype but it was very laggy (which they have noted and they'll fix it up later).

elander_

Arbiter
That guys talk gives me confidence. He looks truly interested in making a good TB system with this thing. The idea of blowing up an entire building and kill everyone inside it looks interesting. Too bad my borrowed version of Doom3 won't play the demo. Need to get the real thing.

Shoelip

Arbiter
But quake 3 has such high system requirements! Source looks almost as good, has better facial animation and can run at Max detail 1024x768 on an AMD Athlon XP 2100+ and Radeon 9800 PRO. Quake 3 is still jerky with all setting turned to minnimum at 640x480 resolusion, and it's probably even worse when you can actually see anything.

jlamb

Novice
Hey, thanks for the encouraging mention :) Just want you to know that we're still around, just gone under the radar a little bit due to some Real Life (tm) adjustments. We'll be doing our next release in the next month or two, and it should even begin to resemble something of a game! We do indeed have a long way to go however.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom