Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline PES 2015 PC

Perkel

Arcane
What a piece of garbage.

I read few reviews and some people seem to give it glowing reviews on forums. So i started it and how the fuck people even consider it good football game let alone good PES ?

Still same shit as in earlier PES.

- switching player on defense slowing down player which means CPU is going past you ? check
- random tacky x button that seems to changed from actually trying to get ball to fallow player behind ? check
- artificial slowdowns of players depending on game mood ? check
- lower skill players looking like they never played football in their life ? check
- complete random faul system ? check
- ton of controller lag ? check
- every motherfucking player dealing with ball like it is 5KG ? check
- motherfucking players slowing down when i want them to speed up ? check
- motherfucking game mood that disallows you from doing any proper action for xx amount of minutes to whole game ? check
- piece of shit switching player that switches to players behind action almost every fucking time ? check.

Sure there are some AI improvements but above is complete shit.

PES king is back cycle syndrom is still kicking. May as well install PES5 to play proper football game.

bussinrounds

Augur
They always say the same horseshit each year when the new one comes rolling along.

May as well install PES5 to play proper football game.

That would be the smart thing to do. Maybe head over to evo-web and see if they have any updated squads for it. (WE9/LE works too)

Bulba

Learned
such a shame, this series used to be such a good football games eh 10 years ago.

Perkel

Arcane
What i don't get is that many people claim it is best PES since forever. WHAT THE FUCK PEOPLE.

Carrion

Arcane
Patron
The demo actually felt like it might be pretty good or at least a vast improvement to pretty much everything since PES 6, but it was nearly unplayable otherwise. Even on max resolution it looked blurry as fuck (the default setting was a 720p windowed mode, by the way), the frame rate was just terrible (definitely not a hardware issue, and it runs like shit no matter what the settings are) and it still couldn't display a 16:10 aspect ratio without huge black bars at the top and bottom of the screen. It's like they're not even trying with the PC versions anymore given how long it took for the damn demo to be released in the first place.

Has the Master League gone through any improvements? It's been godawful for years now, and even if the gameplay was on the level of PES 5 (which I doubt), it'd go to waste with a lack of proper game modes.

Perkel

Arcane
I play it with speed +2 and still game feels sluggish as hell. Only good thing is become a legend as many of those problems simply don't apply here.
PES5 to this day is perfection even with dated graphic, no 360 moves and way less animations because it has core of game polished as hell.

New AI in 2015 is really something good but it is a shame game is bogged down on those problems.

Gnidrologist

CONDUCTOR
I don't like it either. Just like previous two versions. One of the problems for me though is that i've really become bad at these games for some reason, especially defending, while i could play on ''top player'' in times of Pes3-6.
The main thing i dislike is that it feels scripted as hell comparing to the old classics. It's like they and FIFA changed places. Goals feel very ''pre-rendered''. Related to that is that simply smashing long through balls ahead seems to give much better and instantly gratifying results than careful build-up. Tried to be all tiki-taky, but it doesn't works. Not even with Barca. Better to give ball to one of the good passers and make a throughball ahead. Almost guaranteed one-on-one. Long shots are also deadly. Very accurate and heavy. At the same time it is impossible to dribble around defenders not even with likes of Messi and Neymar, because there are no basic dribbling moves that are effective and rely on agility/change of movement. There are however chock full of fancy tricks from harlem globe throtter repertoire that are hard to pull of (need to do quick combos, like in fucking Mortal Combat) and are mostly ineffective show-off shit anyway. Quick one-two's seem to be removed from game entirely, because i can't do them in one-touch mode like in old PES games. They were always my favourite way to fool defense and i hate that i can't play my favored style of football even if it means lowering difficulty level. I don't get how those fancy/shmancy tactical options work either, but that's probably because i'm slowly getting retarded.

Heard very good things about latest Fifas with addition of altered ini files and sliders. I tried Fifa14 and it really feels more like a real football game at this point, but still not there and i'm too damn lazy to go through the hassle of researching and applying all these mods. Anyone knows which are the best and easily applicable?

Perkel

Arcane
I don't like it either. Just like previous two versions. One of the problems for me though is that i've really become bad at these games for some reason, especially defending, while i could play on ''top player'' in times of Pes3-6.
The main thing i dislike is that it feels scripted as hell comparing to the old classics. It's like they and FIFA changed places. Goals feel very ''pre-rendered''. Related to that is that simply smashing long through balls ahead seems to give much better and instantly gratifying results than careful build-up. Tried to be all tiki-taky, but it doesn't works. Not even with Barca. Better to give ball to one of the good passers and make a throughball ahead. Almost guaranteed one-on-one. Long shots are also deadly. Very accurate and heavy. At the same time it is impossible to dribble around defenders not even with likes of Messi and Neymar, because there are no basic dribbling moves that are effective and rely on agility/change of movement. There are however chock full of fancy tricks from harlem globe throtter repertoire that are hard to pull of (need to do quick combos, like in fucking Mortal Combat) and are mostly ineffective show-off shit anyway. Quick one-two's seem to be removed from game entirely, because i can't do them in one-touch mode like in old PES games. They were always my favourite way to fool defense and i hate that i can't play my favored style of football even if it means lowering difficulty level. I don't get how those fancy/shmancy tactical options work either, but that's probably because i'm slowly getting retarded.

Heard very good things about latest Fifas with addition of altered ini files and sliders. I tried Fifa14 and it really feels more like a real football game at this point, but still not there and i'm too damn lazy to go through the hassle of researching and applying all these mods. Anyone knows which are the best and easily applicable?

IT is not you that suck in defense. IT is game that does shit things in defense. PES5-6 were not perfect but they didn't have things like stopping or changing pace when you fall back to defense on "change player action".

Here it is something like this:

You see opponent forward going for goal. You defensive dude on his side just before him. You change player to him BAM full brakes dude either stops and then goes or changes his pace from sprint to normal running. Either way forward gets past your defense.

That shit didn't happen in PES5 so you had full control over player without him stopping so you could defend.

Secondly defense is braindead. Just one tackle and they are like " no fuck this, it's not my job anymore" and they usually run some bullshit scripted animation how they can't seem to find balance after their own tackle. This looks like most of them were drinking before match.

Gnidrologist

CONDUCTOR
PES always had this somewhat scripted in a form that at some point you knew ''well, you should concede a goal now no matter what you do'', usually happening in the second half, when you're in front or in some matches in ML, when you have had too long winning streak you just that that no matter your skill and absence of mistakes, CPU will win this match, by making everyone on your team slow and sluggish, while everyone on the opposite are in superhuman mode from start to finish, making insane through balls with amateur teams, while your CB can't pass the ball to the side of your fullback properly while falling on the ass in the process. I've used to this controlled cheating in these sort of games and still did kinda well, but now it isn't even that. I just don't seem to have clue on the right timing, momentum in defense and can't control the rhythm of possession like i usually could.

Lack of any possibility to dribble sucks big time. The most used move in old games was simple push of the ball to one of the diagonal sides of your opponent and attempt to run past or continue changing directions until something opens up. Think it was R2 one of the other shift buttons. This is the most basic way of beating your man in real life football too and it's impossible to do now. Think it was removed since 2007 already. But ho, you can make rainbow-flick and fucking side steps.

Perkel

Arcane
Yeah that shit was annoying even in PES5-6 which i already pointed in OP.

Carrion

Arcane
Patron
PES always had this somewhat scripted in a form that at some point you knew ''well, you should concede a goal now no matter what you do'', usually happening in the second half, when you're in front or in some matches in ML, when you have had too long winning streak you just that that no matter your skill and absence of mistakes, CPU will win this match, by making everyone on your team slow and sluggish, while everyone on the opposite are in superhuman mode from start to finish, making insane through balls with amateur teams, while your CB can't pass the ball to the side of your fullback properly while falling on the ass in the process.
I've played PES 5 and 6 to death and I honestly never remember this happening. Losing always felt fair and deserved in those games. At some point in the ML (usually in the third or fourth season) I'd reach a point where I'd win pretty much every single game, usually without conceding a single goal. Player form is a huge factor, though, and players in poor form are indeed sluggish and shitty, but when you're having a winning streak, you probably won't have any such players in your team.

Perkel

Arcane
PES always had this somewhat scripted in a form that at some point you knew ''well, you should concede a goal now no matter what you do'', usually happening in the second half, when you're in front or in some matches in ML, when you have had too long winning streak you just that that no matter your skill and absence of mistakes, CPU will win this match, by making everyone on your team slow and sluggish, while everyone on the opposite are in superhuman mode from start to finish, making insane through balls with amateur teams, while your CB can't pass the ball to the side of your fullback properly while falling on the ass in the process.
I've played PES 5 and 6 to death and I honestly never remember this happening. Losing always felt fair and deserved in those games. At some point in the ML (usually in the third or fourth season) I'd reach a point where I'd win pretty much every single game, usually without conceding a single goal. Player form is a huge factor, though, and players in poor form are indeed sluggish and shitty, but when you're having a winning streak, you probably won't have any such players in your team.

There was such a thing. It was especially visible when you played with team similar in strength to you. when that shit switched on you could perfectly predict when they will score goal. It was hilarious.

Hey look i couldn't take ball from him with this dude, here is another... nope. then another... nope. Ok there are 3 dudes in near goal line high pass should be intercepted because it is just only one guy there but i see already game is set to "win" mode so it doesn't matter... dude uses high pass into box forward jumps my 3 dudes either don't do anything (when i press buttons!!) or they don't jump..... and it''s a goal.

I think developers tried to simulate "on the roll" mentality of team and i heard actually it was something to do with average mentiality of CPU team that could fire it up for unknown amount of time. Same goes for your own team but most of the time you don't notice it and give score to your skills.

Personally i hated this shit because it was totally random thing and it didn't look like "on the roll" at all and more like cheating.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom