Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Far Cry 4 - *insert witty subtitle here*

adddeed

Arcane
Possibly Retarded
I WANT TO BE MISERABLE WHILE PLAYING MY GAMES
Your characters life miserable, not the players bro. I loved the game.

Deleted member 7219

Nothing, but nothing, could compensate for the enemy respawn system in FC2.

Forced me to give up. I really liked the setting but I couldn't get more than half way through. Quit not long after I got to the second map when I realised no matter what I did, nothing would affect the game world.

TripJack

Hedonist
why does the game end? the pink guy just said 2 minutes earlier that he and the PC were gonna tear shit up

was 'tear shit up' codespeak for buttsex in the back of the helicopter or what

Baron Dupek

Arcane
I head tha FC2 turn into bearable (even nice) game with Dylan Mod, another example of grolious modding community that help games...

Sodafish

Arcane
Bro, its a shooter. You shoot stuff. Guard posts respawned and for good reason. If they didn't, you wouldn't have anything to do in the game, because all you do is SHOOT PEOPLE.

Plus you could avoid checkpoints by taking rivers, buses, sneaking, running past them etc. But they are there for a reason, to make your stay in Africa miserable, and I don't mind them they fit with the theme running throughout the game.

possibly_retarded.png

adddeed

Arcane
Possibly Retarded

Forced me to give up. I really liked the setting but I couldn't get more than half way through. Quit not long after I got to the second map when I realised no matter what I did, nothing would affect the game world.
Affect the game world? Are you for real bro? FarCry2 is about shooting up people, not about affecting a virtual game world or some nonsense like that. Play a MMO or something.

LundB

Mistakes were made.
Still miss those Full Metal Jacket moments you had in Far Cry 2 where you maimed enemies with a sniper rifle and then waited for their buddies to try and rescue them. Or is that just me?
I was butthurt when that feature was conspicuously absent in FC3, so no it isn't just you.

Tehdagah

Arcane
adddeed is right, you can avoid checkpoints. Or simply kill the enemies.

Did you expected anything to happen?

Admiral jimbob

gay as all hell
Wasteland 2

Far Cry 2 is a euphemism for the terrible nightmare that Africa would be if the Jews had not created AIDS. Eternally spawning brood-mothers sending their fully-formed soldier-things out to do battle. Really, it's very realistic. the main character's struggle with "malaria" is clearly contrived, a convenient mask for his manchurian-candidate status as plague-bearer; the reason that each faction is hostile to him no matter what his choice is representative of the fact that the negro, being closer to animal than man, bases its decisions on smell, not critical judgement. The negros of FC2 smell that you are transporting an insidious plague, echoing the FOXDIE virus of Metal Gear Solid, and they innately understand that you pose a threat; however, unable to overcome the bestial instincts of the lesser race they were born unto, they cannot stop u before it is too late.

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
Bro, its a shooter. You shoot stuff. Guard posts respawned and for good reason. If they didn't, you wouldn't have anything to do in the game, because all you do is SHOOT PEOPLE.

Plus you could avoid checkpoints by taking rivers, buses, sneaking, running past them etc. But they are there for a reason, to make your stay in Africa miserable, and I don't mind them they fit with the theme running throughout the game.

They were shit. Travelling the map was a fucking chore because if you didn't have to go through insta-respawning checkpoints, you had to take byroads where enemies would shoot two bullets at your car, making it break down and forcing you to get out and fix it so that you can get shot at again 200 meters further.

Fuck Far Cry 2. It had some good ideas, very poorly implemented.

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
Far Cry 2 was infinitely more enjoyable with a trainer that allowed you to record one location, and then you could at any time return back to it. Fast travel was actually an improvement for once. :hearnoevil:

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Until the niggers respawn and steal your watermelons.

adddeed

Arcane
Possibly Retarded

They were shit. Travelling the map was a fucking chore because if you didn't have to go through insta-respawning checkpoints, you had to take byroads where enemies would shoot two bullets at your car, making it break down and forcing you to get out and fix it so that you can get shot at again 200 meters further.

Fuck Far Cry 2. It had some good ideas, very poorly implemented.
See, things like that are the reason why i enjoyed the game. At any moment you can get messed up.

CSM

Cipher
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Both Far Cry 2 & 3 had shitty elements that ruined what could otherwise have been decent games.

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera
Far Cry 2 is a euphemism
*cringe*

oh, wait, that was exactly the purpose, wasn't it.. you aren't really illiterate, just trolling on a subtler level inside an obvious troll... well done, sir.
:excellent:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom