Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warhammer Online guild beta, anybody interested

Which race do we want to play?

• WAAAAAGH! Orcs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Chaos

• Empire

• Dwarves

• Dark Elves

• High Elves (seriously just no)

• Total voters

WalterKinde

Scholar
Count me in as well lets see what the new mmo has.
Plus a its warhammer and chaos is just the better choice in that setting.

Sirbolt

Liturgist
Count me in. I'm not doing anything in particular this summer, so i can practically play at any time.

psycojester

Arbiter
I'm personally quite pleased that Chaos has fulled ahead in the poll, there was no way in zombie straddled hell that i was playing empire.

BTW who the fuck voted high elf?

Suicidal

Arcane
psycojester said:
I'm personally quite pleased that Chaos has fulled ahead in the poll, there was no way in zombie straddled hell that i was playing empire.

BTW who the fuck voted high elf?

Why? The Empire in the WH universe is pretty fun - bloodthirsty religious fanatics they are. Is it because it will probably be full of retarded children with characters named Vanhelsingz or Aragorn11010 :D

Anyway I voted for Chaos, since the majority had already chosen it even before I joined the Codex.

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
OK, so what more does Thrym need before sending the application? Lemme look at the questions:

What is the primary nation of residence for the majority of your members?
USA, I guess?

What is the primary language spoken by your members?
English?

What is the size of your guild, in members (not characters)?
0-25?

What is the main way you would describe your guild?
A family guild
A small group of friends
A paramilitary unit (raid guild, rigid hierarchy)
A large group of friends
Open to all, with an application process and a probationary period
Open to all

Up to now it seems we're open to all, right? When we pwnz3rize the whole game universe, we'll see about probation periods and/or introductory webcam stripping.

What is the main way you would describe your guild's playing style?
(More than one answer will probably apply, but choose the BEST one)
Roleplayers - we like to tell stories
Roleplayers - we're into PVP
It's a game, relax
It's a game, let's try to win it
Killers at heart, with no need to roleplay anything

I have no idea, but I'm 100% sure that in online games I've played up to now I never wanted to tell stories.

How frequently do you play as a group?
Casual - a few hours at a time, once or twice a week
Casual - a few hours during the week, but pretty hardcore on weekends
Average - we play most nights, but we don't do anything that takes more than a few hours
Average - we play most nights, and sometimes we go in for the big raids
Devoted - we log in every night, at least to chat
Devoted - we log in every night, and we always have something scheduled

"Dude, we cyber every night forming a huge steamy gaypile on #fallout", but I guess the answer is "Casual" no.1?

What MMO has the guild played the most?

I don't know about you, but I've only played Anarchy Online, because it was free. (It sucked.) But they have Guild Wars on their list, so that'd be my pick. How about others?

How many beta tests has the guild as a whole been a part of?
Like, a zillion! I'm pretty sure at least one of us is a paid betatester for some obscure NDAed stuff, but I guess as a guild we have to put "None".

Sirbolt

Liturgist
Wouldn't it be better to lie through your teeth to ensure that we get accepted to the beta? I mean, who would want a guild who hasn't partcipated in anything like this before and who has members that rarely play? Wouldn't that mean a lot less feedback/bug hunting? Lie to get ahead.

Oh, and chaos all the way baby. To bad it's those Tzeentch sissies.

SlavemasterT

Arcane
Elwro said:
Up to now it seems we're open to all, right? When we pwnz3rize the whole game universe, we'll see about probation periods and/or introductory webcam stripping.
Please, no, we've seen too many people's pictures here to even consider that for a second.

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
Sirbolt said:
I mean, who would want a guild who hasn't partcipated in anything like this before and who has members that rarely play? Wouldn't that mean a lot less feedback/bug hunting? Lie to get ahead.
I'm pretty sure they want casual gamers, too - because casual gamers may form a signifant part of subscribers. Feedback on what turns casual gamers off during the beta may help keeping more casual gamers as subscribers later on.

And, of course, it's just horrible that someone even entertained the possibility of thinking of considering such an evil option as lying. :wink:

Shannow

Waster of Time
We have 38 votes. That might reflect the number of people willing to join.

Large group of "friends" + open for all.

Roleplayers: We like RPGs...= Stories? + it's a game, relax.

Casual 2

I played Anarchy and Guild Wars (a lot more guild wars).

That is my take on things. I also think that they might want some "casual" players to make sure those players aren't put off. They might not want some completely inexperienced loose group of people though. They might think we just want to play without paying subsciption ;)

I'd personally rather be rejected for what i am than for what i pretend to be, but of course i'll bow to the majority (or Thrym ;) ).
We should get going anyway, the application is only open till the 4th.

psycojester

Arbiter
I think we'll wait until tomorrow morning. If Thrym hasn't posted that he's submitted the application i'll do it myself and claim ownership over you all.

Thrym

Novice
Sorry, I quit reading this thread for a few days, but yeah I submitted it, so we'll see what happens.

Surgey

Scholar
Oh, is there a sign-up for individuals wanting in on the beta, or do we just wait until they confirm the Codex, then join?

psycojester

Arbiter
We wait around and then individual access and such is worked out after the guild is accepted

Thrym

Novice
Yeah, it's actually less complicated right now than I thought, I was assuming that we all had to fill out an app. with the same information, which would have been right annoying. I guess we'll find out in a month or so.

Well, I'll continue crossing my fingers I guess. I applied for the Age of Conan beta a while ago, and never got a reply from Funcom. Here's hoping that this one will pull through, and give me something to do this summer.

psycojester

Arbiter
Could the people who voted high elf please explain the attraction? I'm genuinely curious to know whats appealing about them from an RPGcodex perspective

Suicidal

Arcane
Hehe, up till today the number of votes for high elves was only 1. Now it's already 3. Considering the Codexers' hatred for elves that seems really weird :)

Surgey

Scholar
What, we just wait for the individual sign-ups to come. We're just voicing that we would be pleased to have a Codexer guild in the game.

So did we decide on Chaos?

Solohk

Scholar
Really you guys just need to decide on Order (Dwarves, Empire, High Elves) or Destruction (Greenskins, Chaos, Dark Elves) as the races within each can PvP/group/quest with each other.

Fez

Erudite
As long as no one goes elves either way it should be okay.

psycojester

Arbiter
While the elves are undoubtedly going to be a morass of ROFLING retarded elrondz, gandalfz, and legolazazaz, i'm still concerned that they may not be able to save the empire form the brute force of characters named Vanhelzingz and Aragornz.

Thats the problem with the empire, the atmosphere is going to be very easy to break, between the twelve year olds and people who think their in Middle Earth i don't think the dogged fanaticism is going to be able to stand for itself.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom