Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News The Game Awards 2014: Witcher 3 Elder Blood Trailer

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: CD Projekt; The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

With the termination of the long-running Spike Video Game Awards show, its producer and host Geoff "Dorito Pope" Keighley found himself in need of a new job. So he launched a spiritual successor, The Game Awards, an event whose name is as original as its award criteria are unbiased and free of corruption. The first TGA show was held last night in Las Vegas, and Codexers will surely be overjoyed to know that BioWare's Dragon Age: Inquisition won the awards for both Game of the Year and Best Role Playing Game!

As far as trailers go, CD Projekt managed to squeeze one of their guys in for a few minutes to show a new one for The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt. He also revealed that the game would have a "second playable character", who was one of the characters appearing in the trailer.

Since this is being announced as a major feature, I would assume that this second playable character is correspondingly a major character, and not just a minor character we get to control for a few minutes for storytelling convenience purposes, as in Witcher 2. Then again, considering all the hype at these sorts of events, maybe that's exactly what it'll be.

drae

Augur
As much as I don't agree with their decision, Inquisition winning GOTY is providing so much delicious butthurt right now...

Shannow

Waster of Time
Wait, I thought DAeeh was unplayable unless you use a trash console. Apart from all the other Bio-crap that is to expected, how can an unplayable... Oh wait. Doritos and awful taste. Right. Forget I asked.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom