Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News The Witcher 3 delayed AGAIN to May 19th

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
The games budget is about 3 times less then Skyrim budget

Try to think about why this is a bad argument.

I was not saying that the Witcher will be worse then Skyrim. HELL NO! But making a huge open world, complex RPG is not cheap and I am not sure that CDP were up to the task when they started, they overestimated themselves.

Nope, you don't get it.

CD Projekt is in Poland. "3 times cheaper than Skyrim" might actually be more costly than Skryim when adjusted for cost of living.

Self-Ejected

supervoid

Self-Ejected
Graphics in a new trailer looks noticeably worse then in a previous trailer.
Which piervoius trailers? "Killing monsters" and Official Intro was made by Platige Image, best Polish company specialized in 3d animation and these two are made in dedicated software. VGX trailer and this new trailer are made in-engine by CDP-Red. Dude from team responsible for these two trailers said on Max3D.pl (he was asked why new one looks worse than old one):
Hih, swiatlo sloneczne i ladne kolorki zawsze robily lepsze wrazenie, niz overcasty ;)
Silnik ten sam, modele te same.
Sunlight and nice colours always looks better than overcasts. It's the same engine and the same models.

No, not Killing Monsters! VGX trailer looks a lot better then the one that came out few days ago. Just look at the God awful textures on Wild Hunt monsters.

This one Wild Hunt rider looks more like reflections layer with not really good settings than low-res textures imo. VGX trailer have the same engine and models that new one have (which are ones from game). It also looks better because of post-production, back light, DOF and particles which is making everything looks better and more realistic. VGX is better in field of direction/production because they had more time for it obviously. You can't really see textures in scenes with fire, gameplay scenes have very good light so everything looks nice and you can't see closeups on scenery elements. Imo, if CDP Red's lead cinematic artist & cinematic director says that theres no downgrade, we can assume that theres no downgrade. Especially when he is saing it on professional art forum, where he can't decive anyone.
Also, why suddenly codexers are so worried about graphics? Better talk about possibility of unbearable combat's mechanics.

norolim

Arcane
Yes there is.

CDP is selling itself

CDP Red is owned by CDP, so Red will run out of money soon, bye bye Witcher 3.

The ship is sinking, the rats are running away.
You're talking nonsense, mate. Check your facts. cdp.pl is not the same as CD Projekt SA.

CSM

Cipher
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
CD Projekt Red took heed of the broken state in which many big-name games released in 2014, and the bubbling outrage of gamers in response, when it made the decision to delay The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt by three months, a member of the studio's board told financial journalists in Poland.

"[The] market is afraid of badly polished games on next-gen platforms," said Adam Kiciński, according to a translation by Eurogamer. Kiciński said there are not major structural problems with the game, but "a lot of small errors" that need time to discover and eliminate.

"We know what we have to do, we just have to do it," he said. "We don't want to release the game with bugs that undermine the gameplay." DriveClub, Assassin's Creed Unity and Halo: The Master Chief Collection are all big-name launches that went out the door with substantial, game-breaking problems.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt has been delayed twice. Originally it was due to launch in the fall of this year. Then it was pushed to February and even that was set "too hastily," the studio said in hindsight.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt is now due to launch on May 19 for PlayStation 4, Windows PC and Xbox One.

http://www.polygon.com/2014/12/10/7369019/the-witcher-3-delayed-broken-bugs

PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire

I was not saying that the Witcher will be worse then Skyrim. HELL NO! But making a huge open world, complex RPG is not cheap and I am not sure that CDP were up to the task when they started, they overestimated themselves.

Nope, you don't get it.

CD Projekt is in Poland. "3 times cheaper than Skyrim" might actually be more costly than Skryim when adjusted for cost of living.

http://www.nationmaster.com/country-info/compare/Poland/United-States/Economy

It's about the same.

GloomFrost

Arcane

Nope, you don't get it.

It's about the same.

Actually I am pretty sure that the whole fact CDP Let people pre-order the game about one year before its release shows that they needed money DESPERATELY!! Also dont forget about that shady story on NEOGAF. I am not saying that it was completely true but as we all know there is never smoke without fire.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Nope, you don't get it.

It's about the same.

Uh? Bottom line, game developer wages in Poland are massively lower. Everybody knows this. Witcher 2 had a ridiculously low budget. Comparing this game's budget with Skyrim's as if they needed to be on par with each other is absurd.

Last edited:

Tigranes

Arcane
Oh no, big RPG is delayed!

It's like pigs in a sty surprised that they get fed twice a day.

Havoc

Cheerful Magician
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath
If they fuck up like they did with Act III and those horrible boss battles, then no thank you, I'll not buy it. The story, characters, quests etc were good up to Act 2 End. After that it's a shitfest and you question yourself "why all the choices if really none of them mattered?" 16 endings, right?

PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Uh? Bottom line, game developer wages in Poland are massively lower. Everybody knows this. Witcher 2 had a ridiculously low budget. Comparing this game's budget with Skyrim's as if they needed to be on par with each other is absurd.

Although an exact comparison of what constitutes a living wage is difficult to ascertain except in the vaguest sense, a middle class Pole makes between 30-50% of what a middle class American makes (to support a roughly approximate standard of living).

http://www.numbeo.com/cost-of-living/compare_countries_result.jsp?country1=Poland&country2=United States

Last edited:

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
But Bethesda doesn't have to pay any wages at all to the modders that polish their games.
:troll:

Last edited:

Havoc

Cheerful Magician
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath
Apparently, you are going to be able to play as Ciri, but I don't know how much. They are going to fuck it up... I just know it.

"Will let you play as" :lol: Oh thanks for allowing me, but can I refuse? I guess not!
I really hoped they'll at least avoid doing this nonsense again.. Having fun developing Geralts skills and loadout? Here, take control of a different character now!

Last edited:

GloomFrost

Arcane
Damn it!!! I hated Ciri in the book series and now I have to play as her??? Thank god I never pre ordered the game. She is by far one of the most annoying and stupid characters in an entire saga!!!! :rage:

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
CDP's next game in the Witcher universe is The Witcheress 1, gentlemen. :troll:

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
Did everyone suddenly forget there were multiple playable characters in Witcher 2 as well? Description in that article makes it seem like they're doing the exact same thing this time as well aka letting you play as Ciri for when it matters for her story, it's not like they're making her a full-fledged character alternative to Geralt or something.

DeepOcean

Arcane
The drama on this thread is hilarious, people make jokes and armchair game development doom previsions because of just a few months delay. I guess they must love how Ubisoft always "release" on schedule as Ass Creed Unity is an example of efficiency that must be followed.:lol:

Duellist_D

Savant
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech
CD Project delays Witcher 3 a few months.
So what?
I very much prefer that Publishers actually take their time to polish a game before they release it, instead of delivering a paid de-facto beta to the customers.

DeepOcean

Arcane

Witcher 2 cost 8 to 14 million dollars to make, the same game in kwan would cost 20- 40 million dollars easy. Just do the math, it's a simple math ignoring a few things like publisher cuts, price cuts and taxes but a good exercise for imagination... 60 dollars multiplied by two million copies like Witcher 2 sold while exclusive for PC is equal to 120 million dollars, if the potatoes are making the game for half the budget of Skyrim that was 80-100 million dollars (including Marketing), that is 40-50 million dollars that they can get back by 1 million copies sold (obviously really dumbing down the calculus). CDProjeckt can easily have a lifetime sales of five million copies and if they are lucky, who knows? I really fail to see where is the problem you guys are shouting, they seem to have the perfect potato slam dunk to me, Feargus could only dream.

knockupwood

Novice
I'm fine with the delay. Considering how much content is going to be in this game, CD Projeck definitely deserve the extra polishing time.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom