Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Wasteland Physical Box Thread

Anthony Davis

Blizzard Entertainment
Developer
You will receive a Wasteland 2 poster, limited edition collectible coin, large boxed copy, collector's edition premium boxed version (with cloth map, instruction book, miniature, faction badge), your name in the credits in a special thanks section, early playable beta access, both early release digital episodic novellas (part 1 & 2), digital concept art book, downloadable digital soundtrack, 2 DRM free digital copies of the game (PC or Mac or Linux), exclusive Ranger portrait collection, 4 episode video development blog, Chris Avellone novella, and unique and quirky skill. (Please add $15 for international shipping)

Are you guys shipping my boxed copy AND my CE boxed copy at the same time? For the record, I never received my normal large boxed copy.
Yup, they're shipped together.

Does anyone have an estimate on how long it has taken?
Has anyone at the Codex gotten theirs yet?

I'm super stoked and hope it shows up soon. I'm at one week now.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
One week here too I think. Or a bit more? Supposedly they're shipped by Koch Media, same who shipped another Kickstarter game to me and that got here much faster from the date they announced it.
So either they announced the shipping without actually shipping that day or they went for cheaper shipping?

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
I got a notification for a package, either it is this, or then someone is mailing me body-parts of dead Codexers again.
rpqksy.jpg

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
It arrived safely.

Frankly, I think the Divinity: OS box is more classy. This seems a bit... waste of space. Old school big cardboard boxes are still supreme. This one feels a bit cheap. Plus the dark cover image isn't very impressive from afar.

Also, someone fucked up the proportions on the figure.
wasteland2_fig.png

poetic codex

Augur
Yeah, I got the notification saying that my CE boxed copy was shipped. Still haven't received it yet. It's been a week. Anyone else in America received theirs? I'm on the east coast so maybe that's factor?

Norfleet

Maybe something happened to it in the mail. Did they give you a tracking number or anything?

Gold

Augur
Patron
Dead State Project: Eternity Wasteland 2
No tracking numbers. I received the notice 11 days ago and somebody could have have driven it up to me from Inxile in like an hour and a half and I haven't gotten it yet.

DosBuster

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
Codex USB, 2014
No tracking numbers. I received the notice 11 days ago and somebody could have have driven it up to me from Inxile in like an hour and a half and I haven't gotten it yet.

You should go to inXile's offices and ask for a tour, just tell them you're from the RPG Codex and watch as Brian jumps out the window...

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
The boxes aren't shipping from our office, they're shipping from Austria IIRC. Hell I only got mine a few days ago and I'm not that far away from where they're shipping, I'm not too surprised it'd take longer to get to the US.

Gold

Augur
Patron
So they charged the international people for shipping and then shipped them from an international location. That had to cost a pretty penny.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
As expected, I left for the holidays and the box didn't arrive. :roll:
Brother None, do you have any idea how long does the Dutchistan post office hold packages before sending them back? Just in case they can't leave it with the neighbors like you crazy innocent people do.

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
As expected, I left for the holidays and the box didn't arrive. :roll:
Brother None, do you have any idea how long does the Dutchistan post office hold packages before sending them back? Just in case they can't leave it with the neighbors like you crazy innocent people do.
Three weeks. Then it goes return to sender. But they usually leave it with a neighbor unless it's signed/has import cost(which this does not).

TwinkieGorilla

does a good job.
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath
I got my Collector's tin two days ago. And about two months too late for me to care anymore. Heh.

Kaldurenik

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
I got my box and... im not sure how to put it... Lets just say that its bent out of shape. No idea why the box got sent with no packaging around it and it even got sent without any id requirement either X_X Anyway box is broken :( T_T

Yes i have now bent it (somewhat) back into shape but you can see the marks from where the box got it and where it was bent :(

DosBuster

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
Codex USB, 2014
I got my box and... im not sure how to put it... Lets just say that its bent out of shape. No idea why the box got sent with no packaging around it and it even got sent without any id requirement either X_X Anyway box is broken :( T_T
Shit, better contact support, mine had packaging around it though.

Gold

Augur
Patron
Got my box on monday. Everything is in good shape, but Im going to wait for the expansion (I assume one is coming) before playing again.

BigWeather

Augur
I like the CE tin, but in a way I think the regular box (large or not) looks classier -- I love the art on it. Can these still be picked up?

Also, you know what would be even cooler? Producing packaging just like the Wasteland "record" packaging (the old EA way of doing things). Man, that would be incredible. I'd pay decent money just for that. Heck, even without the game as something I can buy to put my DRM-free disc arriving next year in would be great.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
I like the CE tin, but in a way I think the regular box (large or not) looks classier -- I love the art on it. Can these still be picked up?

Also, you know what would be even cooler? Producing packaging just like the Wasteland "record" packaging (the old EA way of doing things). Man, that would be incredible. I'd pay decent money just for that. Heck, even without the game as something I can buy to put my DRM-free disc arriving next year in would be great.

Yep, those would be great.

inXile, since you like to do polls about everything, next time do a poll about the style of the box. Actually, no, don't do a poll. Just trust me cardboard > tin

SniperHF

Arcane
Yep, those would be great.

inXile, since you like to do polls about everything, next time do a poll about the style of the box. Actually, no, don't do a poll. Just trust me cardboard > tin

Yep, I'd have also preferred a big box over the ammo can thing. Also not too crazy about the way they signed on the front but whatever.

Speaking of the poll thing, while it wasn't as official as the torment ones I'm glad they did survey the fanbase over the art. I like the evolved Wasteland 1 look a lot compared to some of the other logo concepts they had.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom