Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Information Dungeon Kingdom: Sign of the Moon - A Real-time Dungeon Crawler on IndieGoGo

kanda

Hydro Games
Developer
Some people asked us if it's still important to contribute on indiegogo crowdfunding campaign, even though we may not reach the goal of 9000 euros: the answer is simple: YES! Our campaign is flexible, and we'll get the funds even if we don't reach this goal of 9000 euros. So each new contribution will help the project greatly!!!
For me, as with all flexible funding, this just makes me wonder why the goal wasn't lower in the first place. It makes me a bit leery, even though you obviously have a passion to pull through that is lacking in many successful campaigns that didn't have flexible funding.With so few days remaining, you might pull some extra contributions by being candid on the main page about the reasons behind your decision to use flexible funding. Not to mention also being personally curious about the decision.

Sorry if it's not clear in the description on indiegogo, i'll tell you then: we could finish the game with almost no funding (until know i used my own money, but can't go for age like this!), so a flexible campaign helps for getting the money faster and also being able to spend more money on useful stuff for the game, and, if we almost reach the first goal, to work full time on it for the keys members of the team. That way, we can release the game sooner with better content.

9000 euros is not a so high goal for a game as ambitious as we want it to be.
Some guys told us "why you as so little money for such a game?". This not high or low goal, it is just what we need "idealy" to work full time on it in normal conditions.

kanda

Hydro Games
Developer
Hello everyone, i have a good new:
We are now GREENLIT !!!!
GL_Youpi.jpg

from now, i will fully work on the 2 last days on Indiegogo, and remember that there are only two remaining days to get the game at lower price guys :)
http://igg.me/at/dungeonkingdom
Thanks for your support !!!

KingDinosaurGames

King Dinosaur Games
Patron
Developer
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
We are now GREENLIT !!!!
GL_Youpi.jpg

from now, i will fully work on the 2 last days on Indiegogo, and remember that there are only two remaining days to get the game at lower price guys :)

Hey we got greenlit right at the same time, Battle Brothers got in too a few days ago. It's a race to full release!

Seriously though this is great news, looking forward to playing this when it's out.

kanda

Hydro Games
Developer
We are now GREENLIT !!!!
GL_Youpi.jpg

Hey we got greenlit right at the same time, Battle Brothers got in too a few days ago. It's a race to full release!

Seriously though this is great news, looking forward to playing this when it's out.

Well done, congrats !!

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Every Dungeon Master fan should back this. I already did.

kanda If someone pledges more than once will he get a higher perk?
I think you have to do it manually because Indiegogo has no function for this.

kanda

Hydro Games
Developer
Every Dungeon Master fan should back this. I already did.
kanda If someone pledges more than once will he get a higher perk?
I think you have to do it manually because Indiegogo has no function for this.

Well several options, i can refunds the previous pledge, but we'll lost the indiegogo fee, or just pledge what ever you want, and let me know your wish, you'll get it for sure, no worries for that :)
I have a "special list" for that purpose :)

For the newcomers, one day left for our crowdfunding campaign, still possible to get a digital copy at lower price :

Best regards :)

Unwanted

QuestionMan

Unwanted
I'm impressed with the visual quality of the level design.

Will the game feature green grass/forest outdoor dungeons as well, or only these cold, snowy outdoors?

kanda

Hydro Games
Developer
I'm impressed with the visual quality of the level design.
Will the game feature green grass/forest outdoor dungeons as well, or only these cold, snowy outdoors?

Well, not the first game. We hve so low budget, we have to put some limits to our wishes. I really would like, i love games like Ishar.
but two facts to know:
- We will be much more ambitious for the second game, we plan a sequel of course, using the Sign of the Moon money we may earn. We plan this from the begining. And yes the second chapter will get much much more environments, outdoors including, with dynamic weather, seasons, day/night cycle. I worked on such features before, and we plan it for the next game. And not only visual, it will impact the gameplay (like handling water level when snow is melting etc.)
- That's said, there are still few more environments to show Sign of the Moon.

Regards.
kanda

vonAchdorf

Arcane
It's become quite silent around this game - no news on their homepage / Indiegogo or elsewhere for weeks. Wasn't the (beta?) release planned for December?

kanda

Hydro Games
Developer
It's become quite silent around this game - no news on their homepage / Indiegogo or elsewhere for weeks. Wasn't the (beta?) release planned for December?
Hello vonAchdorf,
Yes we were supposed to release in december if we had raises enough funds. but as we have failed, obviously we had to get some missions (we are freelancers) to feed our families. That's the first thing. Secondly, we also spent some time discussing with a few publishers and private investors , and depending this issue, make proper plans. It was difficult to announce anything to early. We'll make announcements soon with new screenshots. The good new is we could get a bit more funds, and our investor will not steal us et that we totally keep our freedom. the only change is about the mobile version that will be released AFTER the desktop version (one month later probably), that way we won't waste too much time testing too much platforms for the first release. Please, also note that the early access arrives a few weeks later.

vonAchdorf

Arcane
Hello vonAchdorf,
Yes we were supposed to release in december if we had raises enough funds. but as we have failed, obviously we had to get some missions (we are freelancers) to feed our families. That's the first thing. Secondly, we also spent some time discussing with a few publishers and private investors , and depending this issue, make proper plans. It was difficult to announce anything to early. We'll make announcements soon with new screenshots. The good new is we could get a bit more funds, and our investor will not steal us et that we totally keep our freedom. the only change is about the mobile version that will be released AFTER the desktop version (one month later probably), that way we won't waste too much time testing too much platforms for the first release. Please, also note that the early access arrives a few weeks later.

Good to hear that the project is making progress and that you guys managed to get additional funding after the less successful indiegogo campaign. I was just wondering, that there weren't any updates on either Facebook, the website or Steam. Releasing no too close to Legend of Grimrock II is probably also a good thing. Good luck with your game, I really like how passionate but also thoughtful you are about it.

kanda

Hydro Games
Developer
Hello vonAchdorf,

Good to hear that the project is making progress and that you guys managed to get additional funding after the less successful indiegogo campaign. I was just wondering, that there weren't any updates on either Facebook, the website or Steam. Releasing no too close to Legend of Grimrock II is probably also a good thing. Good luck with your game, I really like how passionate but also thoughtful you are about it.

I can only agree, it would be better to comunicate early, but we had to wait the discussions / deal to be done. And indeed the game is making progress :) Thanks for your kind words. Stay tuned, news are coming soon.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom