Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Screenshot thread

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
82D1F0B4F1B68F2A49EBF163BE13F6AE9DA5854D

DFE168BFB89608AB20897801A3BCE6F073C2BA6F

CF8154C0AC9C8DFCF495780D6EECDD7429C087A3

Blonsky

Prophet
Enclave

It has nothing to do with fallout.
Ikv5c4g.jpg

Survival hack and slash, lots of enemies very few potions on map.
MLHiI4c.jpg

The queen is ok but her little pet virgin sucks.
DOeFD5T.jpg

Free a character and you can play as him in the next level.
gmxoxxF.jpg

Most equipment can be bought but there are some special ones that can be only found on level.
9Samy3X.jpg

The underwater fortress has a leak.
noXBYhx.jpg

And into the mouth we go...
5Xu8IlF.jpg

...we end up in oblivion. Because all the crappy games end in oblivion.
piQKo6O.jpg

Well off to the evil campaign.
Pvjcp3h.jpg

I know just the right virgin for this.

More difficult campaign but different characters and missions.
hsPfEUF.jpg

Lets take this castle down.
ZRHHuNN.jpg

spekkio

Arcane
Finished both DLCs for Vaifus' Chronicles.
What a derpfest (savescumming-galore).
The only good (?) thing about these:

maNnlH3.jpg

:love:

spekkio

Arcane
^
:butthurt:

Anyway, enough of the waifus, time for some...

OkUdiS6.jpg

:yeah:

z63HiYH.jpg

ARoYzn1.jpg

:hmmm:

IhddZiS.jpg

catfight1211.jpg

:desu:

Customization looks as crazy as always, with even more RPG elements than before (abilities):

fcxmwqJ.jpg

u0HbRho.jpg

mukSwrk.jpg

:love:

Anyway, which Asian shithole is going to be (accidentaly) destroyed by our team this time?

E0JUqam.jpg

:what:

:takemyjewgold:

Last edited:

Melan

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! I helped put crap in Monomyth
Replaying Goblins 3 after several years... and remembering a surprising amount of the puzzles.

goblins301_zps918b5312.jpg

goblins304_zps0bfc6f2d.jpg

goblins302_zps62e2ff95.jpg

goblins305_zpsbe37f5bc.jpg

goblins306_zps5f2a4a56.jpg

goblins307_zpsbfc834ab.jpg

goblins308_zps0676be8a.jpg

Playing the game also reminded me that when I first played it, I took all its wonderful cartoon logic and surreal imagery for granted. Wow. You start out on a flying ship, then later adventure as a giant, in miniature format, as a werewolf, grow wings to visit cloud realms, try to manouvre a ball of pollen into the nose of a giant with an insect companion, or manufacture potions and elixirs in a laboratory. And that's only some of the game. The last screenshot alone has: a pool full of eyeballs; an Escher-style 3d labyrinth; a miniature dragon; a funfair ride; a portal into a cloud realm; a magic mirror; and a hero split into human and werewolf halves (floating goldfish not depicted).

Things also look weird as hell. Pierre Gilhodes, who did the graphics for several Cocktel Vision games, can draw bizarre grinning skeletons and strange monsters like nobody (nobody except classic D&D artist Erol Otus), and his material transcends photorealism. It is fantastic, funny, and I wish there was more like it.

What I mean to say, Goblins 3 is high fantasy in the sense its creators must have been high all the time. And not even the better modern adventure games recapture this kind of strangeness.

[edit]The GOG download has both the CD and floppy versions. The first has a few extra scenes and speech, but the second has much, much better music.

asper

Arcane
Project: Eternity
Yeah, the Gobliiins games are real works of art. I think the graphic design is underrated, because they were released in a time at which many games were very creative.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom