Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Shadowrun Shadowrun: Hong Kong Pre-Release Discussion [GO TO NEW THREAD]

How much HBS is going to get for his Hong Kong campaign ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

t

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Aaand over 10k backers.

LVjpemZ.png

Deleted member 7219

It's weird how the number of backers is going up but the total seems to be staying around $380k.

agris

Arcane
Patron
The average per donor is dropping. About USD $38.6 per pledge :P

Turjan

Arcane
Well, I backed this. Not via Codex though because I used the wrong quest compass in the Fundraiser box...

Jason Liang

Arcane
Gaichu has HMHV Virus, so (iirc) he will either be a ghoul or a vampire, depending on the strain. That's cool...

My secret hope is that they continue Mercy's plot (and maybe Jake from SRR) in this one.

It kind of feels like that this will be the last one, forming a trilogy (SRR, DF and HK). So hopefully all the loose ends are tied up.

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Yea, I just replied to the guy. He clearly has no idea what we're talking about.
Hey. Hey!

I have a pretty good idea what it is about and I can't imagine a feature more useless than that, especially considering how the real-time was implemented so far.

It isn't a strategy game where you have to reorder your troops just to make them not stand in each other's way. We are only talking 4 units here.

The formations are usually used to put the squishy ranged/support units behind someone who can tank. But the initial positioning rarely matters, as once the combat starts, you will be diving for cover 90% of the time, because standing in the open is often suicidal. Therefore, most formations will fall apart in the 1st turn.

There is no benefit in implementing formations when you can't easily correct them - and you can't in a game where you only control 1 character. It is much more useful when you fully control the party at all times and can manually adjust positions of some units in the formation that do not fit your current battle plan.

Pretty much the only use I can think of for this 'feature' is to make your runners not bunch up when you open a door and there is an ambush behind it. You might eat more grenades on the first turn than you signed up for.

I've been playing the "Stitch in Time" mod for SRR, and entering turn-based combat at will solves 95% of situations where you might have wanted to use formations by letting you position your units wherever you want to prior to the beginning of combat. Most of the time you will place them in cover, and that is something that a crude automatic solution simply can't do.

The devs seem to share this view.

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera
Harebrained Schemes LLC says:

Unfortunately, paypal makes the customer service end of things super-difficult and we do not have the staff to support it. We really appreciate that you want to support the Kickstarter, though, and hope that you'll help us by spreading the word even if you can't back the game.

Very sorry about that.
Robin
:negative:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
These guys really are running on a skeleton crew, aren't they

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
WAT? I won't put in a personal pledge, then.

I no longer use Kickstarter directly. I know the Codex pledge goes in via Kickstarter, but I used PayPal for that, too.

I guess I will have to buy the game on release day if I don't win a copy in the Codex raffle.

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera
These guys really are running on a skeleton crew, aren't they
it's a bit stupid though, since they could just offer a few tiers and sell pledges via humble, like pretty much all the indie kickstarters, which requires almost no effort on their part.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Yeah, they could use Humble widget, especially given that they're already selling previous SR games on Humble store.

AFAIK Humble guys specifically support that kind of use.

Darkzone

Arcane
I don't know the Shadowrun lore, therefore i have to ask here this question: Is Hong Kong in Shadowrun still controlled by the GB? I mean that could explain the crew names.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom