Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

What game are you wasting time on?

bloodlover

Arcane
I saw some reviews and people were saying that areas are actually bigger than in previous games and there is also some free roaming to be done. O.o Garret not being able to swim is one of those useless things people usually cry over. Don't understand what's the big deal. Thx for the reply, will give it a shot tonight.

Zdzisiu

Arcane
It's not as good as Thief 1 and 2, but that doesn't mean it's a piece of crap. It's different in some ways, and :decline: in others (get used to SMALL areas, and Garrett can't swim anymore). It does shadows and lighting much better than the prequels, and the lockpicking is actually a minigame instead of sitting there twiddling your thumbs.

Go in with an open mind, it won't bite you.
And it is nowhere near as bad as the newest abomination, Thi4f.

DeepOcean

Arcane
Finaly finished Arizona on Wasteland 2, my impressions:

Man... that was a bit... tiresome. I mean, there are six major locations on Arizona and of those six, only two have some interesting thing besides combat going on and while I like turn based combat, I felt that I was fighting the same fight over and over and over... there were a few moments with some interesting fights but most of the time it was murdering melee enemies at distance with assault rifles or murdering ranged enemies with assault rifles.

Battle start... align your rangers on line, turn burst fire on and just click attack button until enemies fall over. It isn't even that I'm unimaginative, on supreme jerk, any weapon that doesn't has like 20 m reach are highly situational at best, melee weapons are even worse, it is a very bad idea to charge a slicer an dicer that can destroy 75% of a ranger health on one round or outright kill him if it is lucky and land a critical. Reducing the difficulty resolves this problem but makes the game even easier and the fights would become even more repetitive.

Area by area:

Highpool and Ag center are meh, the whole decision between the two is a nice set up until you discover that both areas are super long and tiresome combat romps with very little character interaction. Of the two, Highpool is better as the fights end up quicker and you get to the roofs of some buildings to shoot enemies bellow. I didn't hate them and had fun, it was the start of the game, the combat was only starting to get repetitive but after finishing both I was feeling I had enough and was ready for some nice traditional RPG hub area with some NPCs to talk, some side quests to do and etc.... oh... boy, little I did know that the next areas wouldn't be much different.

The prision, alright... here, it is the first time the game takes the kiddy gloves and you have to fight enemies that throw dynamite, use machine guns and on some fights you are seriously outnumbered, there was some effort too to allow some different tactical approachs to some fights, each combat encounter got some care. It is a way better area on encounter design than Ag Center, for example, Ag center was really weak on encounter design. The problem is that while the encounters are better, the basics of the combat you experience on Highpool and Ag Center don't change much, you continue raping enemies with assault rifles and attack button enemies to death. I enjoyed the prision but I think it was too much combat after the two previous areas that were too just big combat romps already.

The Canyon of the Titan, this is the only area on Arizona so far that I can say I was truly engaged on what was going on, the MAD monks is a really amusing faction and a loved their crazyness, batshit crazy on an awesome way. It is the only area on Arizona where you have two factions fighting and you had to make an interesting decision while both factions are highly untrustworthy. I really got curious to see what were other possible outcomes on the area but hell no that I gonna pass through all that combat on the previous areas again just to see a different ending here.

Damonta was... a disappointment after the Canyon of the Titan, I was listening that Warewolf Wally guy talking about Damonta on the radio and thought a town living on scaveging on an old air force base would be awesome... man, if Damonta is better than the Canyon of the Titan, finaly Wasteland 2 started to get interesting and nope... it is just another combat heavy area where everybody is dead and you kill a ton of robots without breaking a sweat. Only the fight with two slicer and dicer is somewhat challenging. Infuriating it was that this warewolf Wally guy appeared to be an interesting character on the radio, even having voice over but when you find him, he has the same portrait as some generic trader I met on the Canyon of the Titan.

Rail Nomads... the Rail Nomads is the second best area on Arizona and not because it is super awesome but because it actually have something going on more than left clicking enemies to death and your diplomatic skills are useful for something important what doesn't happen on pretty much all the other maps.

Nitpicks:

The story is just bonkers until now and the whole thing of you setting up radio towers was something okayish for a starting quest but when you have to go on Damonta, a city that no one even know if exist because maybe... who knows...the only other radio tower left on Arizona was in there and the whole rangers counted that a recruit team would manage to reach it was.... pretty meh as a justification.

Another strange thing was when Vargas tell you to single handly kill the leader of the Red Skorpion militia because you know... the rangers are so awesome that even one team of recruits can kill an entire militia on his own. I really don't know why those raiders are a problem on the Wasteland 2 world.

There are whole blocks of text that Vargas say, including explaining inane things but there isn't one single line of text to comment about your actions. I found it funny how he stays nearby the helicopter for LA and even after you killing the Red Skorpion Militia alone, he doesn't has anything to say about it.

You reach at the entrance of the Red Skorpion militia and there are two gun turrets that can shred your team to pieces on one round but you have to find a replacement tank thread for some robot that somehow is strategically placed to be able to destroy them and enter on the Red Skorpions HQ but said tank thread is on Damonta inside a common chest that you can easily miss on the hangar in there. I found this strange. Why don't Vargas call you and say he will send an air strike from some old attack helicopters the rangers have to help you out but only after you finishing your mission on Damonta? It would do the same thing and make more sense.
TL;DR: Hope California is better, so far DragonFall is the best kickstarter RPG of 2014 taking in consideration that I didn't play Divine Divinity: Original Sin.

Peter

Arcane
Started playing Miasmata after a year of it sitting in my Steam library. Loving it, but I must admit that the cat is getting on my nerves, and I've only had like 4 encounters with it. How long til this fucker despawns when you've successfully hidden? I find myself sitting in the bushes waiting for it to leave for minutes, eventually just having to take massive detours to avoid it because he keeps hanging out in the same spot 20 metres away from me. And maybe it's just bad luck for me, but does he spawn more frequently in already visited areas or areas where he's spawned before already? I found myself in a situation where I wasn't even able to leave one of the camps in a particular direction because I'd get the sound effect of the creature being nearby immediately, even having slept through the night and everything.

Because of constantly having to evade the thing, I've now ended on the far side of the map in largely unexplored territory and with a kind of feeling of senslesness. Maybe this was the intent, to contantly thwart the player's plans and push him into unexplored territories, but idk, I'd say it's bit too pushy atm.

The first encounter with the creature was great, mind you. I like the AI a lot, just feel that I'd enjoy it much more if he wasn't such a constant presence. Am I doing something wrong, or is the AI bugging out on me, or should I just quit being a baby?

Hope California is better

It is. I enjoy WL2, but it's puzzling to me why Arizona, the whole first half of the game, is the way it is when California shows they clearly had it in them to do some nice non-combat stuff as well.

Deleted member 7219

Finaly finished Arizona on Wasteland 2, my impressions:

Man... that was a bit... tiresome. I mean, there are six major locations on Arizona and of those six, only two have some interesting thing besides combat going on and while I like turn based combat, I felt that I was fighting the same fight over and over and over... there were a few moments with some interesting fights but most of the time it was murdering melee enemies at distance with assault rifles or murdering ranged enemies with assault rifles.

Battle start... align your rangers on line, turn burst fire on and just click attack button until enemies fall over. It isn't even that I'm unimaginative, on supreme jerk, any weapon that doesn't has like 20 m reach are highly situational at best, melee weapons are even worse, it is a very bad idea to charge a slicer an dicer that can destroy 75% of a ranger health on one round or outright kill him if it is lucky and land a critical. Reducing the difficulty resolves this problem but makes the game even easier and the fights would become even more repetitive.

Area by area:

Highpool and Ag center are meh, the whole decision between the two is a nice set up until you discover that both areas are super long and tiresome combat romps with very little character interaction. Of the two, Highpool is better as the fights end up quicker and you get to the roofs of some buildings to shoot enemies bellow. I didn't hate them and had fun, it was the start of the game, the combat was only starting to get repetitive but after finishing both I was feeling I had enough and was ready for some nice traditional RPG hub area with some NPCs to talk, some side quests to do and etc.... oh... boy, little I did know that the next areas wouldn't be much different.

The prision, alright... here, it is the first time the game takes the kiddy gloves and you have to fight enemies that throw dynamite, use machine guns and on some fights you are seriously outnumbered, there was some effort too to allow some different tactical approachs to some fights, each combat encounter got some care. It is a way better area on encounter design than Ag Center, for example, Ag center was really weak on encounter design. The problem is that while the encounters are better, the basics of the combat you experience on Highpool and Ag Center don't change much, you continue raping enemies with assault rifles and attack button enemies to death. I enjoyed the prision but I think it was too much combat after the two previous areas that were too just big combat romps already.

The Canyon of the Titan, this is the only area on Arizona so far that I can say I was truly engaged on what was going on, the MAD monks is a really amusing faction and a loved their crazyness, batshit crazy on an awesome way. It is the only area on Arizona where you have two factions fighting and you had to make an interesting decision while both factions are highly untrustworthy. I really got curious to see what were other possible outcomes on the area but hell no that I gonna pass through all that combat on the previous areas again just to see a different ending here.

Damonta was... a disappointment after the Canyon of the Titan, I was listening that Warewolf Wally guy talking about Damonta on the radio and thought a town living on scaveging on an old air force base would be awesome... man, if Damonta is better than the Canyon of the Titan, finaly Wasteland 2 started to get interesting and nope... it is just another combat heavy area where everybody is dead and you kill a ton of robots without breaking a sweat. Only the fight with two slicer and dicer is somewhat challenging. Infuriating it was that this warewolf Wally guy appeared to be an interesting character on the radio, even having voice over but when you find him, he has the same portrait as some generic trader I met on the Canyon of the Titan.

Rail Nomads... the Rail Nomads is the second best area on Arizona and not because it is super awesome but because it actually have something going on more than left clicking enemies to death and your diplomatic skills are useful for something important what doesn't happen on pretty much all the other maps.

Nitpicks:

The story is just bonkers until now and the whole thing of you setting up radio towers was something okayish for a starting quest but when you have to go on Damonta, a city that no one even know if exist because maybe... who knows...the only other radio tower left on Arizona was in there and the whole rangers counted that a recruit team would manage to reach it was.... pretty meh as a justification.

Another strange thing was when Vargas tell you to single handly kill the leader of the Red Skorpion militia because you know... the rangers are so awesome that even one team of recruits can kill an entire militia on his own. I really don't know why those raiders are a problem on the Wasteland 2 world.

There are whole blocks of text that Vargas say, including explaining inane things but there isn't one single line of text to comment about your actions. I found it funny how he stays nearby the helicopter for LA and even after you killing the Red Skorpion Militia alone, he doesn't has anything to say about it.

You reach at the entrance of the Red Skorpion militia and there are two gun turrets that can shred your team to pieces on one round but you have to find a replacement tank thread for some robot that somehow is strategically placed to be able to destroy them and enter on the Red Skorpions HQ but said tank thread is on Damonta inside a common chest that you can easily miss on the hangar in there. I found this strange. Why don't Vargas call you and say he will send an air strike from some old attack helicopters the rangers have to help you out but only after you finishing your mission on Damonta? It would do the same thing and make more sense.
TL;DR: Hope California is better, so far DragonFall is the best kickstarter RPG of 2014 taking in consideration that I didn't play Divine Divinity: Original Sin.

I agree, Dragonfall was excellent. When it comes to all the hype and praise lavished on Divinity: OS, I think I must have played a completely different game. Combat was pretty good, other than that it was pretty bad.

Choice of Robots.

Made a self-replicating robot, replaced cheap human labor with robots, which inadvertently started sino-american war, Chinese won, my spouse was a Chinese spy apparently, spent a few years in prison for that, never saw her again, whilst in prison i dreamed about making a love bot, made one, banged and ditched her, she opened a restaurant eventually to get over it, had a kid with a crazy person, she died, i died, kid probably died too.

Took me about an hour or two, money well spent:greatjob:

Nuclear Explosion

I saw some reviews and people were saying that areas are actually bigger than in previous games and there is also some free roaming to be done. O.o Garret not being able to swim is one of those useless things people usually cry over. Don't understand what's the big deal. Thx for the reply, will give it a shot tonight.
Thief 3's clunky movement is its biggest flaw. There is free roaming in between missions in the city, but it's annoying; the city is cramped and there are a lot of loading screens.
Incidentally, these are the two areas (other than lock picking) that Thief 4 actually improves upon Thief 3.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've gotten a good start into a playthrough of the Avernum Remake.

I've been playing it on a laptop that likes to shut off on occasion. It must have corrupted my save file, because now my junk bag is full of worthless unsellable daggers labelled 'Unused'. I have no idea how much gold the stuff in my junk bag was worth, but it looks like I'm going to need to cheat myself some money.

Also I've been playing on hard, and have found the combat enjoyably challenging for the most part... but most boss monsters seem to two-shot even my tankiest character. He's not exactly stacking endurance, but he has plenty of parry and hardiness skill. I get the feeling I'm not very good at spiderweb games.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
After long time I decided to give Quake another shot (last time it was somewhere in 2003, no music version didn't helped), and it's really fun. Fan made maps are really cool. I'm pleasantly surprised.

I found that there is way to make Gothic 3 with more contents. Not sure if give it a shot (with this links) or try some Gothic 2 mods, there is few big ones like Global Mod or Returning.

Why do I need to mess with other emulators and else to run Blood Cryptic Passages? Maybe this One Unit Whole Mods help with it?

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Killing time in Lords of Xulime while grinding through finite random counters. While this game gets repeative fast still I want to go till the end.
At least my bard got some uber song at level 30. She practically became a banshee. :lol:

BLOBERT

FUCKING SLAYINGN IT BROS
Patron
Codex 2012
BROS DRAGONS DOGMA ASDH FINALLY WON MY HART THOUGH IT SEEMS MORE PAINFUL THAN DARK SOULS BUT STILL FUN

AND ON MY LAPTOP MOUNT AND BLADE LOLALJOLLOL KING BRO JUST FOUNDED FREEDOMLAND TO KILL AND RAPE AND PILLLIGE ANYPPNE WHO DOESNT WANT TO BE FREE LIKW ME

spekkio

Arcane
Finished Front Mission 4

The good: :)

- Proven formula: pimp up your rides / pilots for 2 hours, annihilate everything in 20 minutes of the mission.
- Proper balance between number of parts / weapons and their variety (less but more varied parts). I'm looking at you, FM2!
- "Combat Skills" system makes more sense than in FM3 (influenced by pilots' EXP, not wanzer parts).
- Even more RPG elements than before (you can and should create different, specialized units). Has its problems due to pilots (their skills) being pre-set for a certain role (see below).
- Weather / day cycle influences gameplay (accuracy / evade).
- New gameplay options (EMP & support backpacks) are nice, if not really that useful.
- City combat is as irritating as IRL: fighting enemies in narrow streets with some fags sniping you from above can be really rage-inducing.
- Characters are a loveable bunch of professionals (Durandal) and dumbfucks (Darril & Co.). Too bad that writing declines in later parts.
- Links system is a fucking GREAT idea (and AFAIK it just expands one of skills from FM3, where nearby ranged units could provide supporting fire for the attacker). With proper usage, one unit can attack up to 4 times per your turn (and another 4 times during enemy turn). Great for healers, who can spend their "Act" command on healing and then keep attacking during linked attacks. Much better / less broken than Scout Rush from Valkyria Chronicles - depends on AP and unit positioning, which should be the core of TB game system.

The bad: :(

- GUI is cumbersome (you can't buy spare items, have to buy&equip them, then un-equip and re-equip later; same with wanzer parts - both things possible in FM3). Felt weird as fuck (it's the 4th game in series, FFS) until I've read that FM4 was created by a new developing team. Enix pls.
- Game feels rushed / underdeveloped (weak AI, weird enemy links - for example 3 linked enemies, each one in different corner of the map, which makes 0 sense).
- Some tutorials are fucking irritating (launch unexpectedly, can't be skipped, require you to kill the enemy).
- Game system relies WAY too much on two (and only) hidden "stats": accuracy end evasion (both are level-dependant). Enjoy missing ~50% attacks against certain types of enemies (DAT Russian supportfags) -> makes one-shot weapons (rifles and melee weapons) useless.
- Melee weapons got nerfed even more when compared to FM3 (still relevant due to some powerful skills) not to mention FM2 (they owned the game).
- Leveling system is weird: you can unlock certain "sets" of different skills by spending EXP, or just buy a packet of skills (attack / defense / more AP) for cash.
- Pilots having pre-set roles turned out to be a bad idea, since some of them (melee + EMP, missile + support backpack = too heavy) are much less useful than others (brawlers, healers, missilers). Thank god you can change these roles by buying your pilots different packets of skills, but that costs a lot of money.
- Not enough variety in mission objectives (kill all enemies 99% of the time) - massive decline compared to FM2 and FM3
- Characters / writing get bland in the middle of the game. Both pick up later, but not much.
- No interesting skills in later part of the game (your fags learned everything useful already).
- Almost no useful skills for artillery (missile / mortar / rocket). Feels weird as fuck, since brawlers have shitload of skills. Decline compared to FM3 (body/arm smash FTW!).

The ugly: :roll:

- Repair backpaks are so powerful, that using 1-2 of them becomes mandatory.
- I've waited for both teams to finally unite, which didn't happened.
- Some simulator battles are much more interesting / difficult than most of regular ones. Others are just bland.
- No internet (minigame). What is it, 1996?

tl;dr

:4/5:

Weaker Front Mission game, but still one of the best japtactical games.

Xorazm

Cipher
BROS DRAGONS DOGMA ASDH FINALLY WON MY HART THOUGH IT SEEMS MORE PAINFUL THAN DARK SOULS BUT STILL FUN

AND ON MY LAPTOP MOUNT AND BLADE LOLALJOLLOL KING BRO JUST FOUNDED FREEDOMLAND TO KILL AND RAPE AND PILLLIGE ANYPPNE WHO DOESNT WANT TO BE FREE LIKW ME

Dragon's Dogma had one of the most hilariously bonkers romance systems I've ever seen. Most people (myself included) had no idea there was even a romance mechanic in the game, and so when at the end the big bad revealed that he had kidnapped your "lover" it would often turn out to be some random NPC or a shopkeeper you had sold some swords too. Mine was some fat, bald bastard that I hardly recognized. Some players were presented with children.

Ah, Japan.

Strayed

Educated
Southern Hemisphere's Canada (New Zealand)
Been wasting time to trying to S-rank all of Armored Core: for Answer.

So you have to love how hard mode doesn't just buff enemy HP and damage but actually adds new enemies and hazards instead, which makes it way better to replay. You also have to love how after a relatively difficult boss fight another NEXT just comes in out of nowhere to wreck your shit and usually succeeds because you'll be low on AP and (maybe) ammo. Overall it's an awesome game though.

Pros:
-Being able to infinitely fly with certain mech builds adds a lot of flexibility.
-Story was actually good, with three different endings.
-Being able to move at roughly the speed of sound.
-NEXT fights are basically two iron gods facing off against each other, which is as fun as it sounds.
-The PC from the previous game shows up as a boss/ally depending on what story path you take.
-The OGOTO grenade launchers are no longer ridiculously powerful.
-Edit: An exceptional soundtrack

Cons:
-Armour is completely useless because of the sci-fi forcefield each NEXT has; once that shield is gone you're dead no matter how much armour you have.
-Stemming from the above, this has the side effect of making tanks and heavy bipeds near useless due to the fact that you have to dodge to avoid taking damage, but tanks and heavies can't dodge for shit.
-Story, while good, is convoluted and vague due to bad translation.
-Gatling and machine guns are utterly broken due to the above-mentioned forcefield system: machine guns easily strip away shields and can drain an enemy's health so quickly they die in seconds.
-Arms Forts (with one exception) are far too easy to kill if you take a good laser blade to it.

Overall rating: :4/5:

Last edited:

spekkio

Arcane
Tried Resident Evil Outbreak 1&2 for ~ 1/2 hour.

Bad gameplay (multiplayer RE!), bad AI, bad controls, bad interface.

?/?

tumblr_lm4ntxJsGZ1qj6xzq.jpg

spekkio

Arcane
BROS, reached Siberia missions in NOLF2 and the crazy respawn rate is getting on my nerves. I've read it will be the same in later missions:

Almost the entire game is plagued with infinite respawning making it extremely tedious, but the worst example is the trailer park level were ninjas randomly appear in a puff of smoke and then vanish just as quickly without giving you any items for your efforts. There's also another level where you're jammed into a room with no cover while infinitely respawning clowns rain a hail of bullets from above.
y/n ?

Paging ghostdog due to:
http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?threads/no-one-lives-forever.35294/

pippin

alice: madness returns

it's fun, with good prodution values, nice art direction, good waifu potential, etc. it's not very hard, though. and as it often happens with 3d platformers, i'm getting depth perception problems with those jumps. but i'm having fun.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
BROS, reached Siberia missions in NOLF2 and the crazy respawn rate is getting on my nerves. I've read it will be the same in later missions:

Siberia is the worst instance of respawns in the game - once you're done with that, you're gonna be ok. "The entire game is plagued with infinite respawns" is a blatant lie, however, I replayed NOLF2 fairly recently, and there are only 2 levels that really have that: Siberia (worst, is really a chore in the long run) and the HARM secret underwater base (not as bad, in fact you notice it less because it has less backtracking).

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Starting the only RPG in Codex Top 10 Evah I've never played before - Vampire: Bloodlines.

This better be good Codex or else... :outrage:

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Starting the only RPG in Codex Top 10 Evah I've never played before - Vampire: Bloodlines.

This better be good Codex or else... :outrage:
You better use Wesp's patches before you play it.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
You better use Wesp's patches before you play it.

Yeah the reason I postponed this so long is I always kept reading it's all fucked up and the community patches were always under construction or something. And experiencing first hand recently that a properly finished community patch can turn a buggy unfinished mess into a fantastic game (Gothic 3) I wanted to wait for the right moment to lose my virginity.

Jick Magger

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria
Replaying Fallout New Vegas, having recently finished Honest Hearts again. Don't feel like writing everything I think the DLC did wrong or right, so I'll just copypaste the steam review I wrote.

Honest Hearts is probably the weakest of the four DLC expansions released for Fallout: New Vegas, but it's still worth a gander if you're up for expanding your experience beyond the base-game.

Pros:
- If you're a guns-based character, then you'll probably enjoy what this has in store for you, as it adds a few new firearms to the game along with a couple unique variants that're well-worth the experience. A Light Shining in Darkness is one of the best pistols in the game, and the Survivalist's Rifle packs a punch if you can get used to its bung sights
- The concept of tribal spirituality mixed with christian theology is explored in an interesting way
- The characters involved, Joshua Graham especially, are pretty interesting
- The new area, despite being aesthetically similar to the Mojave, has enough uniqueness to make it feel tonally different from the base game
- The whole side story with Randall Clark is extremely well-written. I'd recommend the entire DLC just to read that

Cons:
- Not enough Joshua Graham. Despite the intro cinematic being solely dedicated to explaining his backstory, and most of the promotional material being centered around him (Just look at the art for the DLC on the top right of this page), he really takes a back-seat role for a majority of the story, mostly just sending you on fetch-quests while you occasionally talk about his past, religious views, and his view on the White-Legs with him. Really, his associate Daniel is much more involved with the events of the story than he is. If you pick the pacifist route for the ending, he basically just becomes a glorified temporary companion and isn't even mentioned in the epilogue.
- Lack of mission variety. Almost all the missions in the game are just fetch-quests. The sidequests do add some variation to things, and they do try to spice things up a bit near the end when you have to take action against the White-Legs, but this comes a little too late.
- The game just feels short, and this really hurts the story. I feel as though I don't spend nearly enough time with the Dead Horses or The Sorrows to really care about their future or feel for their plight with their fighting with The White Legs.
- Lack of new enemies. A majority of the time you'll just be fighting reskins of critters you've been fighting constantly in The Mojave, with the one new variant just being the addition of a base-enemy from Fallout 3. The main human enemies you fight, The White Legs, are basically just raiders with face paint and loincloths instead of mohawks and tire armor.
- Though the new areas are aesthetically different enough from the base-game to feel unique, they're still made up primarily of simple abandoned buildings and caves. The canyons also make getting around some of the areas annoying

I know it sounds as though I'm dogging on the game, but I just feel as though I'd be sugar-coating it a bit if it sounded as though I didn't mention every problem I did have with it. As I said; it's definitely worth taking a look at if you want the full New Vegas experience, but when compared to all the other DLC's, it comes up short.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom