Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Screenshot thread

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
4.jpg

It's only now, when I see this image, and 22+ years since I played Wolf3D that I spot the face under Hitler's face.

Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I don't remember the name of the wad, but thanks to the atrocious HUD I know I have been playing it.

THAT HAMBURGER METER IS DANGEROUSLY LOW, FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUCK

:patriot:

R4CEXKk.jpg

pZva1jH.jpg

ptaAgLj.jpg

YiyWszN.jpg

1gLwdlN.jpg

w5ptn5t.jpg

QMGyZKc.jpg

Played it for the first and the last time. Seriously, I didn't expect something extraordinary but the game feels like some beta version of the full game. Even with the DLC there is so few levels, and the ending is just trololo into your face, when things are getting interesting. The big landscapes are looking really good, but interiors are like PS2 era game. Not to mention popamole mechanics.

Astral Rag

Arcane
I don't remember the name of the wad, but thanks to the atrocious HUD I'm sure playing it.

It's STRAIN, I'm playing this '97 total conversion for the first time and it's pretty good so far. Old school gameplay, very abstract level design, dehacked weapons and enemies, nice new sounds and music.

doomworld files gave me problems, I found fixed files (I'm using Zandronum):

http://www.wad-archive.com/wad/bcf5fe0b3a8134eafe27e4ec3bb530c4

http://www.wad-archive.com/wad/f70ab5f7413ceecec199014c9e7ef82b

Last edited:

DraQ

Arcane

Baron Dupek

Arcane
I don't remember the name of the wad, but thanks to the atrocious HUD I know I have been playing it.
pZva1jH.jpg

QMGyZKc.jpg

Played it for the first and the last time. Seriously, I didn't expect something extraordinary but the game feels like some beta version of the full game. Even with the DLC there is so few levels, and the ending is just trololo into your face, when things are getting interesting. The big landscapes are looking really good, but interiors are like PS2 era game. Not to mention popamole mechanics.

I don't remember that guy?
DLC was awfuly short. First - I was so bored I dropped it for few months, then come back later and finished in 2h. Same thing happened with E.Y.E - Divine Cybermancy except game was better, gave more fun and took me little longer to finish.
Standard formula- shoot'n'loot.
I'll stay with Stalker mods then...

circ

Arcane
Finally I has completed.

And wow BETHESDA, you really are masters of the quest writing aren't you. Not to mention combat so challenging I can understand why you call Legendary well, Legendary. Well actually no. Skudafn was kinda cool, I mean I've seen better even in Skyrim but hey. And then Sovngarde... A little underwhelming.

HRBUV3K.jpg
9QJhA46.jpg
Hbf8jKQ.jpg
RPvZilK.jpg

Oh well. BACK TO BIZN-ASS.

O6kL8Ty.jpg

DraQ

Arcane
Glare schmare. Guess it needs some lens-flares and bloom.
  • Glare is something you can see IRL, with your own organic eyballs when looking at relatively bright light source. Such a sun or a lamp. It's a realistic effect.
  • Lens flare is something you can only see in images from photographic equipment with light bouncing inside its (multi) lens assemblies. It's retarded and artificial unless you're actually supposed to be looking through some sort of camera in game.
  • Bloom is something you *can* see IRL as well, but you need light source powerful enough and surfaces bright enough that even diffuse light bouncing off them causes glares. It's retarded and artificial short of stuff like full sun reflecting off very high-albedo surfaces, light sources brighter than full sun, or less powerful, but still strong light sources suddenly illuminating otherwise a very dimly lit environment.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
The white/blue one is a lens flare, though. Whether they wanted to simulate glare or flare (don't think they cared much except making it look "cool") it uses a lens flare graphic.

DraQ

Arcane
The white/blue one is a lens flare, though. Whether they wanted to simulate glare or flare (don't think they cared much except making it look "cool") it uses a lens flare graphic.
Lens flare usually refers to the series of (usually round or polygonal) reflections going in a line from light source and through the center of FOV.
The glare effect would be more natural if it was more uniform, without bluish stripe but it's still nowhere near as big a sin as splattering the screen with "cool" cinematic effects that would only ever occur due to imperfection of optical equipment used for making movies - at worst you'd need to be wearing glasses to see something like that.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom