Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] Spiral

LWC1996

Learned
1. D
2. E>B

Nothing good ever came from Shinoseki approaching anyone LOL

Last edited:

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Final tally:

B - 5
D - 6

A - 2
B - 4
C - 3
E - 2

Post-flop:

B- 5
D - 6

A - 1
B - 5
C - 4
E - 1

Last edited:

oscar

Arcane
The hospital getting more and more dangerous could be either due to each 'reincarnation' or the gaining of new skills.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
There is a fluttering in your stomach as you approach Maeda – her stare has proven to be formidable, and despite Taketatsu walking out on her, the girl seems to have bounced back rather quickly: when you reach her, she has somehow managed to find a remarkably long steel skewer meant for food, and is swinging it around wildly in practice. The spiraling metal rod swishes through the air neatly – her form is pitch perfect, and it is only by following your instinctive urge to cower do you avoid having a good chunk of your neck taken out by her swing.

“Oh, I didn’t see you.” Maeda twirls the skewer in her hand playfully. “You shouldn’t sneak up on me like that.”

“I-I’m sorry. It was… just…” What do people usually say in times like this? You’re supposed to make some polite small talk, aren’t you? “That’s… you have some nice… nice form.”

“Ah, you noticed?” Maeda smiles, tossing her silky brown hair back. “I used to captain the softball team back in high school-” she says, taking another strong swing that cuts through the air. “-and we won the nationals for two years in a row.” Maeda stops and frowns, examining the skewer more closely. “Hm, perhaps I should use it like this…” Then, she shifts her grip on the handle and takes up a familiar stance – Western fencing. Her right foot, edging forward, pushes off the polished tiles of the cafeteria as she lunges in a powerful thrust. The skewer is a blur, lancing straight ahead. As it comes to a sudden stop, the length of the sharp rod quivers slightly from the force of the strike, making a high-pitched humming noise. “I wonder if this is a better way to use it?”

To your surprise, she poses the question to you, though her eyes are still focused on the skewer before her.

You stammer quietly, unready to give your opinion, yet the words seem to just tumble out of your mouth one after another. “It… it really depends on your target, I think… a swing from the skewer wouldn’t do too much damage unless you hit with the tip, and a lunge like that might be strong enough to penetrate flesh deeply but given the corkscrew pattern of the rod it is possible that the skewer would be stuck in the person you tried to stab so if you do not mind the risk of losing the weapon or have a backup… it could be a better way to use it.”

Maeda stares at you. “You know… Shinoseki Adachi, right? Is that what your name was?”

You nod.

“Alright. Shinoseki…san. Have I met you somewhere before?”

You shake your head. "I-I don't think so. This is our first encounter, as far as I can remember." Truthfully, you cannot remember. You cannot even remember what you had for breakfast, let alone whether or not you have crossed paths with a beautiful lady from a rich house. It is not just her clothes and her hair, but her mannerisms give off the air of one born into wealth. Knowledge of Western fencing just seals the deal; it is no sport for the poor. You feel that it is quite unlikely that you are part of her social circle; you certainly do not possess enough social bravado for that.

“Really? I suppose I’m mistaken then.” Maeda curls her lips downward in a slight frown.

“M-Mistaken?”

“Yes. For a moment I thought there was the slightest chance that you could be an old friend of mine that I… haven’t seen in quite a while.” She shakes her head, a lonely expression briefly surfacing as she glances away from you. “Anyway, did you come here to talk to me?”

This is a question you can answer. You nod. “Yes, Maeda-san. I was just curious about something.”

“Alright, shoot,” she says casually, leaning her hips against a nearby table.

“It’s about… Taketatsu-san.” You coach your words carefully – you suspect it might be a sensitive issue. Your suspicions are proven correct almost immediately as Maeda begins to glower darkly.

“What about him?” she asks curtly. “Are you going to be nosy about our relationship? I do not feel like talking about that idiot at the moment.”

“N-no, of course not. It’s about what he said… something about his work. If I recall correctly, the two of you didn’t seem keen to share your reasons for being here in the first place, right?”

“Oh, so you were listening, were you? Yes, why we are here is still none of your business, Shinoseki-san,” she nods, a harsh smile on her face. "It has nothing to do with our survival or escape, I can assure you."

“Maybe… Maybe not,” you shrug nervously. Despite the fluttering in your stomach, as the conversation continues, you find yourself gradually becoming more and more accustomed to speaking with Maeda. Perhaps you might be able to find a way to have her talk...

02:20

A. “It is my business, Maeda-san. We are all in this together. Please, if you know anything…” You attempt to make a plea to her sentiment and better nature using the situation you are all trapped in.

B. “You should tell me whatever you know, Maeda-san, if you know what is good for you.” You cock your head to one side, attempting to summon up the merciless state you were in while attacking the dead Dr. Usui, and using that to intimidate her.

C. “It depends on why you feel like taking responsibility for this state of affairs, Maeda-san.” You try to delve deep and bait out what she knows about the subject by using her own words: ‘things would not have gotten to this state if-‘

D. “Sharing information is the smart thing to do under such circumstances, Maeda-san. I mean… who knows if any of us, holding back anything useful, might get us all killed?” You try an argument from rationality and practicality, hoping to get her to talk.

E. "Maeda-san, can you tell me more about that old friend you mentioned?" You attempt to change the topic; perhaps you will be able to find a more roundabout way to get her to spill the beans about what you really want to know in the first place.

F. “…” You say nothing, for there is nothing more to say.

Last edited:

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
January's almost over, so let's aim for daily updates until the end of the month. I'll close the votes within the next 24 hours.

Rex Feral

Prophet
E>A>C

Don't mind me I'm really curios and almost sure we are indeed her old friend. Hopefully more than friends. It's about time we got some Biowarian Romance.

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
C>E.

Maeda doesn't really give a damn about being cooperative, and she also has quite a fiery temperament, so intimidating her (Rabbit-chan? Intimidating? :lol:) is not quite the way to go. Either making it personal and about her, or switching the topic completely are the only two approaches I can see working.

An appeal to practicality might work, but a question of why she should care about our reasons remains.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I'm guessing a scary rabbit chan is a creepy rabbit chan. Especially if he's channelling "the merciless state you were in while attacking the dead Dr. Usui".

a cut of domestic sheep prime

E>C

I almost want to vote b just to see if we could pull it off.

Tigranes

Arcane
Maeda's no pushover, and after our previous failed effort at accusing someone and our current 'barely acceptable' status in the group, I don't see B/C leading to anything but embarrassment.

D > E

a cut of domestic sheep prime

Also, this is at least the second time someone has thought we reminded them of an old friend. I wonder, is this the same person they are talking about? Or are we channeling the abilities of different dead people?

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Maeda called us Shin-chan during the first night. I am pretty sure we are that person, or at least look like that person, considering that we strongly suspect ourselves to be related to Shinohara and all.

Makes sense that she would know someone from Shinohara, since both families are a part of Kaimei group.

Mori is highly suspicious of us, too, and we know he is here because he is investigating Shinohara.

Sakimura only said that he had a friend like us, but so did Mitsuki (she said her classmate was a hikki or something). None of them claimed to recognize us, unlike Maeda and Uehara, and I am guessing those two have a good reason for that.

Last edited:

Rex Feral

Prophet
Maeda romance incoming. Hopefully.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom