Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Possible incline incoming (Yasumi Matsuno's latest game)

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
I do not believe one designer can save Final Fantasy.

Although it would have been an improvement if FF13 was only 8 hours long.

Cynic

Arcane
Necroing this shit once again because I finally managed to borrow (steal) my friend's 3DS and although I'm only 1 hour into it, Crimson Shroud is fucking awesome. Really unique and interesting, it feels like playing a D&D campaign with a DM narrating the story. Quite excellent, the visuals aren't much but the music is absolutely fantastic. If I finish it I'll definitely write a codexian review.

PS this should really be in general RPG because you can't get more true school than this shit.

Mortmal

Arcane
No , let them discover it 10 year later , like for valkyria chronicle. They just dont deserves good stuff.

I stalk the night
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin 2
This certainly sounds interesting, though I'm still a bit wary because of Level-5 and Nintendo eShop. The price isn't too bad. I'd also like to get a mini-review of sorts from someone who has played it.

I've heard some tidbits, like respawning monsters which could be a major annoyance, don't really know how often that happens though. And the character progression being through equipment only, but is there any kind of "leveling" like combining shit in Vagrant Story?

And what's this Guild-01 stuff? Is the game a part of some series and are the games in the series alike?

grudgebringer

Necroing this shit once again because I finally managed to borrow (steal) my friend's 3DS and although I'm only 1 hour into it, Crimson Shroud is fucking awesome. Really unique and interesting, it feels like playing a D&D campaign with a DM narrating the story. Quite excellent, the visuals aren't much but the music is absolutely fantastic. If I finish it I'll definitely write a codexian review.

PS this should really be in general RPG because you can't get more true school than this shit.

Yes, it's brilliant without any doubts. You'll finish it in 7-8 hours btw. It's rather short, but tightly packed with fights and events. There's no grinding or diluting content. Each room you pass has something interesting to discover.

I guess everyone who owns 3DS already have it by now, the game is great and was on discounts a couple of times.

I've heard some tidbits, like respawning monsters which could be a major annoyance, don't really know how often that happens though. And the character progression being through equipment only, but is there any kind of "leveling" like combining shit in Vagrant Story?

And what's this Guild-01 stuff? Is the game a part of some series and are the games in the series alike?

Well, I had trouble in that particular episode in sewers, where in order to progress further you need to drop specific item from a group of respawning skeletons. In that case you only need to know that mage skeletons give you a higher chance of droping that thing. Once you solve that, you'll go easily from there on.
The only possible char progression is through the loot. As far as I recall you can merge items, they inherit some of stats and you get more powerful stuff.

And Guild-01 was one of those japanese sort of game jams with prominent devs/designers. Info here https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guild_(series)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom