Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Awesome Gaming Poster (Russian)

gromit

Arcane
They're from Syberia, the fourth most overrated adventure game in existance (though it's actually pretty cool in spots.) The game's protagonist, Kate Walker, is seen playing with one in the top right. Unfairly omitted is Oscar. I, uh, I don't know why the one below Cthulu has a machine-gun, though.

Sirbolt

Liturgist
Ah, Lord British, of course! Thanks!

The tiny knight on a horse must be from the Heroes of Might and Magic games. His way is barred by shit rather than glowy bling-bling, hehe.

The guys swinging in the cage, bottom left, are the two characters from Another World.

Cthulhugoat

Arbiter
Hey, look, it's me! Cool, a necromancer secretary.

A few more... Deidranna, Lemmings, dwarf from Myth, that girl from Syberia, Commandos, a working yellow hydralisk, Abe, Earthworm Jim chick, the witch from Lands of Lore, the Dark Savant, Rick Deckard?!, Nova lulz, MDK guy, Arthas...

Nicolai

DUMBFUCK
EvoG said:
Dungeon Siege player with the third sickle (with Manny and Dungeon Keeper)

BZZZZT, wrong. Already called that one, it's the guy from Clive Barker's Undying.

Fez

Erudite
If that isn't the STALKER guy I'd like to know who it is as it fits him like a glove. Any better suggestions?

EvoG

Erudite
Didn't play Undying...yes you are win. :D

..and yea my post was rather long, so rest assured you posted that well before I finished, but I started first. :P

Fez

Erudite
The last guy in the row getting staked looks just like the vamps from Bloodlines.

AZ

Liturgist
Fez said:
If that isn't the STALKER guy I'd like to know who it is as it fits him like a glove. Any better suggestions?

Why not the stalker guy? It was in development and should have been released in 2005.

HanoverF

Arcane
Patron
MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Well didn't they start working on it around 2000, with the original release date sometime in 2006?

Sirbolt

Liturgist
Has Twinsen from Little Big Adventure been mentioned? Or Malcolm from Legend of Kyrandia? The robot eating Pac-Man is from Armed and Dangerous.

Who is the woman trying to catch those multi-coloured fireflies?

EvoG

Erudite
AZ said:
Fez said:

Why not the stalker guy? It was in development and should have been released in 2005.

Because the "tossing of bolts" wouldn't identify the game until people played it, and thats assuming it was even notable ( I didn't think anything of it myself).

I dont thnk Stalker otherwise is iconic...bolts or not.

EvoG

Erudite
Sirbolt said:
Has Twinsen from Little Big Adventure been mentioned? Or Malcolm from Legend of Kyrandia? The robot eating Pac-Man is from Armed and Dangerous.

Who is the woman trying to catch those multi-coloured fireflies?

Dear god why do I bother posting!!?? :D

Yes all mentioned, though I think you're right about Armed and Dangerous.

Fez

Erudite
I think the girl trying to catch the fairies was zarathustra or something like that. I remember playing a demo of it ages ago.

kingcomrade

Kingcomrade
Edgy
Are the cave men on the little flying machine from Tomba? It's been forever since I played that game but I seem to remember little cave men on a flying machine.

Fez

Erudite
EvoG said:
AZ said:
Fez said:

Because the "tossing of bolts" wouldn't identify the game until people played it, and thats assuming it was even notable ( I didn't think anything of it myself).

Your defence for the claim it isn't STALKER is on obscurity? There are plenty obscure references in there. It is the STALKER guy. He has stolen his bolts from all the robot or cyborg types there and that is why they are chasing him.

The blue robot with the fork hand in the cloud is from Metal Mutant!

http://www.mobygames.com/game/amiga/met ... tId,33077/

AZ

Liturgist
EvoG said:

Anomalities and bolts was a game future since the begining, and if you have read the original book from Strugackij it is there too.

Sirbolt

Liturgist
Damn right i'm right!

Well, it's far fetched, but in the second Legend of Kyrandia there was this awful puzzle where you were supposed to press fireflies in the correct order, so it could be the girl from that... But nah.
Never heard of Zarathustra, what kind of game was that?

EvoG

Erudite
Whatever you guys say...if they're going purely by gaming standards, then I stand by it not being 'iconic'. Most if not all of the characters in this image are iconic and hence recognizeable. The Stalker, JUST BECAUSE he throws bolts to find anomolies is not....common sense. If they're referencing the book that the game was made from, and the guy is known as the 'bolt throwing guy' throughout the book, then maybe.

Great fine, its the Stalker guy. :roll: It DOES look like him, I just think out of the body of characters here, it's pretty weak. Rachet and Clank ARE known for picking up TONS of scrap parts, which just happen to be nuts AND bolts AND cogs...thats iconic...makes FAR more sense. The game is ABOUT fighting robots that burst into these 'nuts and bolts' pickups...thats the primary currency of the game.

HanoverF

Arcane
Patron
MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Also this was done by a Russian, and all Russians are pirates who have probably been playing leaked stalkers since 2004

That green pants boxhead guy behind the quake dude is from Ecstatica
And sign Daikatana guys are holding reads something like "Will ruin reputation of cult game developer( expensive )"

Fez

Erudite
Sirbolt said:
Never heard of Zarathustra, what kind of game was that?

It was some kind of consolish adventure/monster training game where you captured fairies and beasts and made them fight, with some RPGish elements thrown in for good measure. Interesting, but I never felt it was worth while playing more than the demo at the time, which is why it'd be strange to see it there unless the artist took a shine to it or worked on it. It came out a good while ago.

EvoG said:
Whatever you guys say...if they're going purely by gaming standards, then I stand by it not being 'iconic'. Most if not all of the characters in this image are iconic and hence recognizeable. The Stalker, JUST BECAUSE he throws bolts to find anomolies is not....common sense. If they're referencing the book that the game was made from, and the guy is known as the 'bolt throwing guy' throughout the book, then maybe.

Great fine, its the Stalker guy. :roll:

PLANE TICKETS BITCH!!! :lol:

Seriously then, what is it? You are saying it is bullshit despite the fact it looks identical to STALKER. The characters in this are not all from major games or iconic, so STALKER is just as likely to be included as Silent Storm (one of the things the STALKER guy has stolen bolts from), which is not iconic at all apart from a few nerds here who hated the panzerklien anyway. How is Metal Mutants iconic either? It was obscure even back when it was released.

I played Tomba, KC.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom