Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Awesome Gaming Poster (Russian)

kingcomrade

Kingcomrade
Edgy
Did I ever tell you that you are my hero?

EvoG

Erudite
Fez said:
PLANE TICKETS BITCH!!! :lol:

Seriously then, what is it? You are saying it is bullshit despite the fact it looks identical to STALKER. The characters in this are not all from major games or iconic, so STALKER is just as likely to be included as Silent Storm (one of the things the STALKER guy has stolen bolts from), which is not iconic at all apart from a few nerds here who hated the panzerklien anyway. How is Metal Mutants iconic either? It was obscure even back when it was released.

Haha...

Yea I edited my last post...I know it does look like Stalker, but I would NEVER associate Stalker with "bolts", especially a giant pile....thats whats not "iconic". Now, if you had the Vautl Dweller running around like that with a pile of water chips...thats funny...thats iconic, as the VD is reconized and his primary quest was very specific.

Ratchet and Clank ARE known for their nuts and bolts pickups, so that IS iconic, no?

Again, I dont really care though, as long as you can at least see what I'm saying. :)

Zomg

Arbiter
I see Deckard (or, I guess in this context, the Bladerunner game guy) giving the Voight-Kampff to a Star Wars stormtrooper, bottom right and up a couple of layers.

Fez

Erudite
I take my duties in that role very seriously KC. Tomba is the only 'E' rated game I know that allows you to fuck a pig to death.

Fez

Erudite
EvoG said:
Haha...

Yea I edited my last post...I know it does look like Stalker, but I would NEVER associate Stalker with "bolts", especially a giant pile....thats whats not "iconic". Now, if you had the Vautl Dweller running around like that with a pile of water chips...thats funny...thats iconic, as the VD is reconized and his primary quest was very specific.

Ratchet and Clank ARE known for their nuts and bolts pickups, so that IS iconic, no?

Again, I dont really care though, as long as you can at least see what I'm saying. :)

The hero in Rachet and Clank was a furry though and looked totally different. It can't be him. You wouldn't associate STALKER with the bolts because you don't know anything about the game, just as someone who hasn't played Fallout would spot the VD or understand why or even that he was carrying water chips. A lot of the characters are also included doing things they weren't famous for, Abe never drove a stompy robot and the heroine from NOLF wasn't a serving wench with her tits out. Some of it is for humor and deliberately out of character.

Sirbolt

Liturgist
Hmm, okey thanks. Maybe it was some big hit in russia then?

Oh, and i see an upside down Ork head in the pile of heads. Probably from some Warhammer 40K game.

HanoverF

Arcane
Patron
MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2
If anyone brought these up I missed it, who's the blue guy above MDK, the run over chick and the thing that ran her over, the guy riding the elephant and the No More Wind guy.

Fez

Erudite
The guy in blue above the MDK guy is from Syndicate. The ork is from DoW.

EvoG

Erudite
Fez said:
The hero in Rachet and Clank was a furry though and looked totally different. It can't be him.

Grrrrr...I said that they would be a better choice, not that THATS who it is...I'm not that stupid Fez! :shock:

Fez said:
You wouldn't associate STALKER with the bolts because you don't know anything about the game, just as someone who hasn't played Fallout would spot the VD or understand why or even that he was carrying water chips.

You'd consider the anicillary action of tossing a bolt to detect an anomoly AS ICONIC as the WATER CHIP in Fallout? I've played both enough, so we're not talking about people who haven't played them as, obviously people who haven't played any of these games would never know who they are short of the Marios or the Pac Man's that transcend through to mainstream acknowlegement. I AM referring to gamers, me being a quite prolific one, and I just think its a poor inclusion considering how great the rest of it is.

Fez said:
A lot of the characters are also included doing things they weren't famous for, Abe never drove a stompy robot and the heroine from NOLF wasn't a serving wench with her tits out. Some of it is for humor and deliberately out of character.

Okay this is where I fear you guys may never see my point; Abe is a recognizeable silhouette(artistic term). I dont know how to make this any clearer...as much as WE (this includes ME) love Stalker, it is NOT iconic...that character in the picture is carrying bolts...so that is the ONLY thing to tie the reasonable resemblance of the Stalker to the actual game, and thats just not an iconic representation to Stalker as TOSSING BOLTS is not a PRIMARY function of the game. I maybe used it once or twice just to show my girlfriend why the air was 'shimmery' in front of me. I dont have any idea what would be the core identity of Stalker, but it most certainly is not bolts. They're not clever, they're not interesting, they are but mentioned once(in the game) and they are NOT a core gameplay mechanic, ancillary at best. In RATCHET AND CLANK, the PRIMARY CURRENCY is NUTS AND BOLTS...so the Lomax with Clank banging off his back would be a FAR SUPERIOR character in taht position...not only because of said currency, but because you fight ROBOTS in the game...and look who's chasing him...ROBOTS!!!! :D FUCK!!!! :lol:

Oh well, yea, send the plane tickets...its time to settle this like super hawt mens. :evil:

Fez

Erudite
You are forgetting this is Russian though. STALKER is even bigger and better known there, so the bolt thing would be picked up more by those who played it now and for those following the development of it before now, like Gordon's crowbar it is something the character always has and part of the game mechanics. No matter what though it IS the Stalker and you have yet to come up with any other suggestions or points other than complaining that he may have made a bad choice in the drawing in your eyes. Are you still arguing against it being from STALKER? If so, come on then, what is it really? If the most obvious choice isn't it I would like to know who it is if you are so sure it is wrong.

I am sending the plane tickets to the address you PM'd. Codex rules say we must fight as Spartans, in the shade and naked. Bring the lube of your choice because I have picked out a lovely honeymoon hotel suite for us to wrestle in for the weekend. I will bring a camera and we will make epic goatse.

gromit

Arcane
I wonder if they were originally planned to be more necessary, or were at least thought to be, based on with Roadside Picnic or the film version (which I've never read / seen, but I suspect nerdy Russians have.) I was on one forum or another and spotted a "hard-core" patch, and people seemed very excited that one of the changes were completely invisible anomalies.

Remember, given the development circumstances, this guy wouldn't play the actual game for another two years, if he ever even did (which I guess just goes to support the argument that it's overall a pretty silly inclusion, which I have no problem admitting.)

EvoG

Erudite
Fez said:
You are forgetting this is Russian though. STALKER is even bigger and better known there, so the bolt thing would be picked up more by those who played it, like Gordon's crowbar it is something the character always has and part of the game mechanics.

No I'm not, simply because like 99% of this image is like NON-RUSSIAN. I mean by this logic, more of this image would comprise of, if not just Russian, eastern European gaming icons, no?

Fez said:
No matter what though it IS the Stalker and you have yet to come up with any other suggestions or points other than complaining that he may have made a bad choice in the drawing in your eyes. Are you still arguing against it being from STALKER? If so, come on then, what is it really? If the most obvious choice isn't it I would like to know who it is if you are so sure it is wrong.

You're killing me man. I said three times now I KNOW its Stalker, but that it's a poor choice considering the largely clever body of work in the rest of the image, and I go on to explain, again a few times, that Ratchet and Clank is FAR SUPERIOR in every way in that particular context of the images

Evog just said:
In RATCHET AND CLANK, the PRIMARY CURRENCY is NUTS AND BOLTS...so the Lomax with Clank banging off his back would be a FAR SUPERIOR character in taht position...not only because of said currency, but because you fight ROBOTS in the game...and look who's chasing him...ROBOTS!!!!

Fez said:
I am sending the plane tickets to the address you PM'd. Codex rules say we must fight as Spartans, in the shade and naked. Bring the lube of your choice because I have picked out a lovely honeymoon hotel suite for us to wrestle in for the weekend. I will bring a camera and we will make epic goatse.

Don't fuck this up man...I'm really excited actually! Thanks for the pic!! (I pictured boxers, not a banana hammock, but I guess thats just your culture)

EvoG

Erudite
wallace said:
I wonder if they were originally planned to be more necessary, or were at least thought to be, based on with Roadside Picnic or the film version (which I've never read / seen, but I suspect nerdy Russians have.) I was on one forum or another and spotted a "hard-core" patch, and people seemed very excited that one of the changes were completely invisible anomalies.

Remember, given the development circumstances, this guy wouldn't play the actual game for another two years, if he ever even did (which I guess just goes to support the argument that it's overall a pretty silly inclusion, which I have no problem admitting.)

Thats all I'm saying...

...high five Wallace \o

Fez

Erudite
Could be. Either way it's the 40K games.

Did anyone notice the beholder is wearing the Splinter Cell goggles on its head and a couple of eye stalks?

EvoG

Erudite
Fez said:
Did anyone notice the beholder is wearing the Splinter Cell goggles on its head and a couple of eye stalks?

*sigh*

...page 2...my big post...all is revealed:

EvoG said:
Since we're calling them out, a few some might not pick up on:

The main characters from Runaway (near the begining, being chased by the guy with the Thompson...

Black and Whitewith the Sims gem (oops...just caught that)

Bomberman with a dwarf from Myth

Dungeon Siege player with the third sickle (with Manny and Dungeon Keeper)

PainKiller killing whats-his-face from Legacy of Cain, BloodRayne, Army Men and <dont>

Cortana from Halo in the garbage truck

Final Fantasy 7 chars (Cloud, Aeriel and Sephroth) next to Kane from CnC (w/Tiberium)
Brood from Starcraft

Carmageddon crashing into the Warthog from Halo

Abe from Abes Odyssey (and others) in a Mech from misc. Mechwarrior games...staring down Twinsen from his series

The monocle guy in the blue suit with the rocket statue, standing in line, is from Evil Genius, with of course Purple Tentacle behind him from Maniac Mansion series

Alice from American McGee's Alice with the dude from Silent Hill and that robot knight Clockwork Knight, eating Pac Man...and my gut tells me thats not Garrett, but it probably is due to the bow, green eye and painting

In the cloud of running dudes after the "Stalker" guy (though it can't be), there appears to be that robot from that robot war game that I cant remember the name, and among the others already mentioned and obvious(like MegaMan), there's the Strogg from Quake 2

Next to Roger Wilco and the pile of heads (which I'm having a hard time recalling), there's teh big dude I have no idea who that is with his gun to Nemesis from RE series

Soul Reaver facing down Malak from KotoR

Then a Beholder wearing Sam Fishers gear (Splinter Cell) facing down a "critter" from Critters

Daikatana guys holding the white billboard in the lower middle

Dont know the knight on the horse other than any misc strategy?

Cyberdemon arm wrestling what I thought was Dungeon Keeper as well

Gold dude shaking hands with the mouse looks familiar but no go...

...and I have no idea what the windup mastadons are?

Cheers

Thanks Fez :(

Pegultagol

Erudite
One of the chars following the hypothetical STALKER guy is from Bitmap Bros' RTS 'Z: Steel Soldiers'.

The two chars that are hiding some phat loot accosted by some WC3 guy from the Frozen Throne is from 'Broken Swords' adventure game.
Another set of chars near the middle top of the poster running away from someone firing a Tommy gun is from 'Runaway' adventure game.

A character about to enter metal detector is from 'Lands of Lore: Throne of Chaos".
Some 'Blade Runner' character is administering a Voight-Kampff test on a clone from 'Republic Commando'.

The guy with glowing red eyes kicking a head; isn't he Caleb from 'Blood'?
Tommy Vercetti from 'GTA: Vice City' is getting his ass kicked by the dude from 'Full Throttle'.

Fez

Erudite
EvoG said:
No I'm not, simply because like 99% of this image is like NON-RUSSIAN. I mean by this logic, more of this image would comprise of, if not just Russian, eastern European gaming icons, no?

No.

EvoG said:
You're killing me man. I said three times now I KNOW its Stalker, but that it's a poor choice considering the largely clever body of work in the rest of the image, and I go on to explain, again a few times, that Ratchet and Clank is FAR SUPERIOR in every way in that particular context of the images

You clearly said before that it wasn't STALKER. The only time you suggested it might be him was with your sarcastic rolling eyes emoticon, as if you were only saying it to keep people happy, especially considering your denial earlier on. You failed to spot it was from STALKER, all I wanted to clear up that it really was form there. It doesn't matter whether or not you think it was well placed because you didn't get the joke (BECAUSE YOU ARE A HUMORLESS AND SOULESS GOLEM TYPE CREATURE).

Evog said:
Don't fuck this up man...I'm really excited actually! Thanks for the pic!! (I pictured boxers, not a banana hammock, but I guess thats just your culture)

Glad you like it. I hope it gets you excited for our meeting. Tonight we dine in oh god its heavan. XXX

Fez

Erudite
EvoG said:

Your big post took too fucking long, you need to be snappier and quicker when the thread is moving fast or you'll end up on an old page and no one will see your post. Serves you right. You also missed some and said that it can't be the STALKER guy in it. You smell. :(

kingcomrade

Kingcomrade
Edgy
You stupid fucks don't ruin this thread. You aren't even arguing about something important, like global warming or whether the military industrial complex is run by Jews.

EvoG

Erudite
Fez said:

K.

Fez said:
You clearly said before that it wasn't STALKER. The only time you suggested it might be him was with your sarcastic rolling eyes emoticon, as if you were only saying it to keep people happy, especially considering your denial earlier on. You failed to spot it was from STALKER, all I wanted to clear up that it really was form there. It doesn't matter whether or not you think it was well placed because you didn't get the joke (BECAUSE YOU ARE A HUMORLESS AND SOULESS GOLEM TYPE CREATURE).

HA! In fact I did get it as evidenced by my LONG POST YOU DIDN'T READ...you said as much in your next post!

No honestly, I got it right away, but I didn't believe it to be so, so I went with Stalker guy until a better choice came up...which it didn't. And me getting it had nothing to do with the bolts, but rather his outfit...but thats simply because Stalker was the last PC game I played; fresh in memory.

Fez said:
Glad you like it. I hope it gets you excited for our meeting. Tonight we dine in oh god its heavan. XXX

:D KC's getting angry at us.

EvoG

Erudite
Fez said:
EvoG said:

Your big post took too fucking long, you need to be snappier and quicker when the thread is moving fast or you'll end up on an old page and no one will see your post. Serves you right. You also missed some and said that it can't be the STALKER guy in it. You smell. :(

Then again, come on, why post if people aren't going to read. So now I have to do tiny post after tiny post just to get all of them in but also digestible for the ignorant ADHD masses!? I refuse!

...and I apparently DID get the Stalker "reference" after all... ;) ...but yea I did miss a few

Fez

Erudite
You missed the Bloodlines vampire getting hit by the stake! How could you? And you call yourself a gamer. For shame. :evil:

EvoG

Erudite
So that brown thing at the end of Pain Killer dudes stake was from Bloodlines? Yea that one wasn't clear at all...hell that could've been the Imps from the Overlord game coming out...again breaking temporal law.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom