Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Awesome Gaming Poster (Russian)

Fez

Erudite
It's a little brown goblin thing really, but it would fit with the vampire theme and it looks like a nosferatu.

EvoG

Erudite
HA!!

Looking closely at the stake-goblin-imp-vamp thingy, I just got the FF7 joke!!! (right below the PainKiller sequence)...hehe thats fucking great.

EDIT: Okay slowly learning my lesson here about how literal things are taken...I meant I just NOTICED the FF7 joke...it didn't take any GETTING, as its EASY to GET...but I wasn't paying close enough attention to what was actually being depicted until I was looking closely at that brown-goblin-imp thingamajig.

Fez

Erudite
I wasn't paying close enough attention

The confession at last! SUCK IT DOWN BITCH. You thought your little disclaimer would stop you being taken of context? I think not. :cool:

The brown goblin thing really does look like a nosferatu. It has a gold eyebrow piercing too.

EvoG

Erudite
Hey, you know what Fez, ultimately as long as I was able to bring some entertainment to a bunch of sweet folks here, I've done my job...thats what makes me happy. :D

Balor

Arcane
You know what?
If you have noticed the FUCKING FLAG OF UKRAINE on his sleeve, there would be no arguing whether it's a stalker or not :P.

And why nobody mentioned Ivan from JA, buying T-shirts from Deidrana? (Upper left corner)

And Sam and Max are actually Petka and Vasily Ivanovich from a Russian quest... unless you are Russian, I guess you will never get it.

And there is a road sign from Vangers (right next to the bike from Full Throttle).

And the Reaver guy, btw, is saying to Malak "No, I will show you the Dark Side of the Force!".

And the wanter post is, of course, of a Hitman: Codename 47.

Balor

Arcane
Also, I think the lion with mechanical legs is some sort of monster from Vivisector (never played that game myself, though).

Suicidal

Arcane
Hah, this is a great poster. My friend has it on the wall in his house.

Some of the things I think no one has mentioned yet:

Gordon Freeman with a crowbar next to Abe.
The guy from Full Throttle is kicking the guy from GTA.
Serious Sam and Duke Nukem drinking beer at the top.
2 Guys from Unreal Tournament carrying eachother's flags.(below the STALKER dude)
Lost souls from DOOM 2 and 3(there are 2 versions of the souls I think, 1 looks like a flying flaming horned skull, which was in the older DOOMs, and the severed flaming human head type from 3) amongst the bunch of floating heads.
Arthas from WC3 right above.
I think there is also an ogryn(from DoW) in the pile of corpses, not just an ork.
Also, a clone trooper from a SW game(most likely Republic Commando) next to the STALKER.
Also there is that flaming pirate from Monkey Island (I've never played the game, but I know there is a character like that) in the line of villains.

BTW, the billboard which 3 armoured people are holding in the bottom says: "Will ruin the reputation of a famous game developer (it will cost you)"
And the sign in the villains' line says "We're looking for talents"

hakuroshi

Augur
My 1/2 cents:
The thing with $ sign running over a girl is Digger (a big game for PC in 1983) !
The fat guy in black in upper left corner is the artist himself :) Don't know, who is with him.

Hamster

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014
kingcomrade said:
I don't think the chick in the truck is Cortana, I think it's Sylvanis from WC3,
EvoG said:
Cortana from Halo in the garbage truck
lineage.jpg

Twinfalls

Erudite
Fez said:
Sirbolt said:
Never heard of Zarathustra, what kind of game was that?

It was some kind of consolish adventure/monster training game where you captured fairies and beasts and made them fight, with some RPGish elements thrown in for good measure.

Nice catch - the game was called Zanzarah.

Very cute, underrated game, with some really beautiful and atmospheric fairy-tale environments. Suffered from not having turn-based combat though.

Great poster! Kain with George and Nico is my favourite vignette, mainly because I'm really fond of George and Nico.

Fez

Erudite
Ah, well done! I knew it had an unusual sounding name like that. It did have nice visuals. I think it would be an especially great kids game as it is fun to play while keeping the age rating low and not being idiotic or insultingly patronizing. It vanished off the map very soon though, probably unfairly.

Have you played the latest Broken Sword game then? Any good?

Section8

Cipher
The guys trading flags are from UT and Quake 3 respectively -- the guy with the white flat-top and orangish armour is "Sarge".

Is the prancing pirate/ballerina up top Orlando Bloom? He definitely fits the bill.

And what's with the wind-up mastodons?

Zomg

Arbiter
I'd bet the pirate-ballerina is the protagonist of the Pirates! remake, since everyone bitches about the ballroom dancing minigame.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Twinfalls said:
I'm really fond of George and Nico.

Man, I miss TF. Post more! I know there's not much to discuss anymore, but heck, you're great. Be here more often!

Allanon

Augur
I'm pretty sure that right above the Full Throttle bike in the trench are the Commandos guys and the guy from famous console shooter which name I have forgotten.

Btw, did anyone recognize who is dinning with Alice?

Surgey

Scholar
Allanon said:
I'm pretty sure that right above the Full Throttle bike in the trench are the Commandos guys and the guy from famous console shooter which name I have forgotten.

Btw, did anyone recognize who is dinning with Alice?

Why thanks, Q, I'd love a cup!

The mammoth with a gun on it's back is from Krush Kill n' Destroy, but what is that arrow and the little elephant referring to?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom