Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Lands of Adventure: A Gold-Box Inspired CRPG

zwanzig_zwoelf

Don't mean to offend, but the game kinda looks like that Realms of Arkania remake.
Probably because those lazy assholes used similar textures.

I'm not a lazy asshole. I'm a poor asshole. Big difference.
Get this, learn how to use it and never bitch again about being a poor asshole. This is the tool to make your game look nice and let you act like a snob until the end of your days.
werkkzeug3TE.jpg

ProphetSword

Arcane
Developer
Might have been nice if you said what "this" is, how it can help me, and how "this" will let me act like a snob until the end of my days.

zwanzig_zwoelf

Might have been nice if you said what "this" is, how it can help me, and how "this" will let me act like a snob until the end of my days.
Werkkzeug a powerful tool for procedural generation of content (textures, models, etc.). I use it to create textures, since my skills at painting by hand suck cock.
Here is a simple texture created in about 20 minutes:
TaWYbsj.png
You can do way more detailed than that, though.

More powerful example:

ProphetSword

Arcane
Developer
I keep finding links talking about this program, but apparently the program isn't available anymore. Every link either takes me to some foreign page selling meats or to Chase Bank. So...yeah...

Happen to have a link that works?

ProphetSword

Arcane
Developer
In the meantime, I have started upgrading the game to allow for six playable characters. I think my favorite CRPGs from the golden era all allowed for six characters...so why not? Here's a look at the same screen with a full party:

SixCharacters.jpg

ProphetSword

Arcane
Developer

zwanzig_zwoelf

I keep finding links talking about this program, but apparently the program isn't available anymore. Every link either takes me to some foreign page selling meats or to Chase Bank. So...yeah...

Happen to have a link that works?
http://werkkzeug4ce.blogspot.com/p/downloads.html
Here you go, tutorial included.

Okay, I'll check it out. Thanks for the link.
Enjoy. I hope you'll make use of it. Feel free to bug me if you need help - despite that wz4 can't run on my current PC (and I have to use the inferior wz3TE, which only lets me make textures and has no way of determining how much memory is wasted, which results in occasional crashes).

ProphetSword

Arcane
Developer
Been working on a few things. A lot of it is behind the scenes (coding) and not things I can show off. Every once in a while, I do things that I can actually show as proof that work is continuing. In this case, I revisited the character screens. Last time I posted a picture of the character screen, it looked like this:

CharacterScreen.jpg

But, that picture is from a long time ago. The characters only had four attributes, and they didn't have many skills. The button graphics were still set to default. There was a lot of empty space in there as well, which I didn't like.

So, I did a little updating to it and came up with this:

newcharscreen.jpg

I'm probably going to do something with the panel graphic at the bottom to keep it from stretching quite so much, but this presents the idea, at least.

Piety

Shitpostin'
Codex 2012 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Torment: Tides of Numenera
Looking good! I'm curious, how are you creating your content (maps, inventory items, monsters, etc)?

Piety

Shitpostin'
Codex 2012 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Torment: Tides of Numenera
Can you be more specific about what you're asking?
I'm specifically curious about non-graphical game data, like the text that appears during dialogues or the stats of monsters. Are you creating this stuff with a 3rd party tool or did you build your own? Or are you just stuffing it in text files by hand, something like that?

ProphetSword

Arcane
Developer
I am giving serious thought to going back to that version. Not only is it closer in spirit to the game I wanted to make originally, it is also easier to work with overall because I planned it out better. I just need to get rid of the weird corruption on the inventory screen, which can probably be accomplished by scrapping it altogether and redoing it. Maybe a week's work.

Alchemist

Arcane
I liked that version too! Well, since TSI doesn't seem to be making a truely GoldBox-inspired game there's a niche waiting to be filled.

slowdive

Bree Arts
Developer
I like that version as well. Simpler and hopefully easier means it may actually get done so we can play your story.

zwanzig_zwoelf

Looks pretty nice.
Add some jerky movement, and you're good to go.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom