Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Icy, a post-apocalyptic ice age survival RPG, now on Indiegogo

Thank you guys for all the support!

I know you have a bad memory of kickstarter, but it's superior platform to indie gogo. Also you really should charge 10$. For someone interested in your game it won't make a difference and a pool of potential backers is limited. This time video is quite good, a massive improvement from the last one. But as I said campaign still is far from flawless:( Not sure if a goal is right, 5 000$ on kickstarter would be reachable I think )
As I said in the other thread, we sadly had to abandon KS for budget reasons. Being in Italy we need a foreign company structure to access to KS and it would have costed a third of our entire budget, putting the game development at risk. Not a wise move, since now we only need some money to fully polish it!

OK. Revenue from this will go towards Zaharia?

OwNathan

Innervoid Interactive
Developer
Thank you guys for all the support!

I know you have a bad memory of kickstarter, but it's superior platform to indie gogo. Also you really should charge 10$. For someone interested in your game it won't make a difference and a pool of potential backers is limited. This time video is quite good, a massive improvement from the last one. But as I said campaign still is far from flawless:( Not sure if a goal is right, 5 000$ on kickstarter would be reachable I think )
As I said in the other thread, we sadly had to abandon KS for budget reasons. Being in Italy we need a foreign company structure to access to KS and it would have costed a third of our entire budget, putting the game development at risk. Not a wise move, since now we only need some money to fully polish it!

OK. Revenue from this will go towards Zaharia?
It's hard to know. We kept working a little on Zaharia's setting, we have now more than 1000 pages of stuff about it, but the experience we made developing Icy allowed me to understand that developing a Zaharia, with all the awesome feature we planned, wouldn't have been so easy. That's why we decided to develop Zaharia only when we will have enough budget to do a really awesome game, not a shitty RPG that last 5 hours and offers only a lot of bugged mechanics.
One thing is sure, if we manage to expand our resources we will definitely develop Zaharia and it will surely be way better than the one that it could have been coming out of Kickstarter. We worked a lot on the concept and we're looking forward the day we will be able to fully develop it.

Last edited:

daveyd

Savant
Arg, still with the "I see" name. They really should have stayed with the original name.

Only problem with "Frozen World" is that there's already an RPG called Frozen State currently on Steam Early Access. The names would be similar to the point where some might confuse them or assume that they are the same game.

Still, I think they can think of a name that captures the post-apoaclyptic / Ice Age setting better than "Icy".

As I understand it, Inner Void is currently taking suggestions for a new name. At some point after their Indiegogo campaign they will probably survey their supporters to determine the new name.

OwNathan

Innervoid Interactive
Developer
Arg, still with the "I see" name. They really should have stayed with the original name.

Only problem with "Frozen World" is that there's already an RPG called Frozen State currently on Steam Early Access. The names would be similar to the point where some might confuse them or assume that they are the same game.

Still, I think they can think of a name that captures the post-apoaclyptic / Ice Age setting better than "Icy".

As I understand it, Inner Void is currently taking suggestions for a new name. At some point after their Indiegogo campaign they will probably survey their supporters to determine the new name.
What about Icy - Journey on the White Wasteland, as it named on Steam?
About the survey we still don't know what to do, maybe it will be about the subtitle since changing the whole name could be confusing. But we're totally going to do the survey for the stupid name, and the stupid DLC that will turn the game into the stupid version.

We have now more than 1000 pages of stuff about it.
Awesome.
Yeah. And I'm kinda sad when people says "This Icy has a way more interesting setting than Zaharia" because we worked with our hearth on that setting. But I understand that it was hard to fully explain it on a KS page with a crappy prototype that was settled in the desert, a little piece of the whole setting.
But hopefully we'll manage to start working with higher budgets and, when we will have the chance, you're going to see Zaharia getting developed with all the awesome features we promised to you. And we will be far more experienced, meaning that we will be able to manage the whole project without unexpected issues.

Essegi

Cipher
What about Icy - Journey on the White Wasteland, as it named on Steam?
Nuclear Throne was called Wasteland Kings and if i remember well Vlambeer had to change the name because of the "Wasteland" part (Nuclear Throne sounds good at least) because InXile wasn't much happy of that. Maybe now that is not valid anymore, the setting or the name are different enough that time, who knows?

Btw thrown in 5 bucks and a Greenlight vote.;)

Last edited:

aratuk

Cipher
Backed. However, one thing that may be causing a problem with fundraising is English translation. Presumably that is a language the game will be available in. The second sentence of their pitch reads
The player will create his/her own character and live an adventure across the White Wasteland, struggling each day to survive, without losing hope to find a better place where to thrive.
Not very confidence-inspiring. If that's the slickest public-facing verbiage their enterprise can come up with, it's easy to imagine some incomprehensible NPC conversations in their game.
Still, I backed it. They say they need money for polish, so hopefully that will involve someone with native fluency in English. They should have had someone proofread their fundraiser, too.
Or, leave it in Italian.

Name suggestion: 'Hoarfrost'

Last edited:

Grubba

Arcane
I-C--Weiner-futurama-605825_640_476.jpg

Self-Ejected

Lurker King

Self-Ejected
The Real Fanboy
What about Icy - Journey on the White Wasteland, as it named on Steam?.

You don't need to choose a name associated with cold, it is too obvious. The most important thing is that it is a post-apocalyptic game. I’m pretty sure your team can came up with a more creative name.

Grubba

Arcane
How about: Wasteland Too Cold

And despite being extremely wary of giving my money to Italians, what with their proud and long tradition of organized crime shenanigans, I've gladly backed this.

OwNathan

Innervoid Interactive
Developer
And despite being extremely wary of giving my money to Italians, what with their proud and long tradition of organized crime shenanigans, I've gladly backed this.
That's why there's a new entry in the FAQs:

I don’t want to be racist, but you are an Italian team of developers and I don’t want my money to finance any criminal organization. How can we trust you?

If we had our hands in business like drugs dealing, prostitution or weapons smuggling, we could have asked for money from our godfather. Sadly we have no connections with the local organized crime, so we settled for an Indiegogo campaign.

What about Post-Apocalyptic Cold Game?
Yeah, something like "A Generic Post Apocalyptic Cold Role Playing Game".

Backed. However, one thing that may be causing a problem with fundraising is English translation. Presumably that is a language the game will be available in. The second sentence of their pitch reads
The player will create his/her own character and live an adventure across the White Wasteland, struggling each day to survive, without losing hope to find a better place where to thrive.
Not very confidence-inspiring. If that's the slickest public-facing verbiage their enterprise can come up with, it's easy to imagine some incomprehensible NPC conversations in their game.
Still, I backed it. They say they need money for polish, so hopefully that will involve someone with native fluency in English. They should have had someone proofread their fundraiser, too.
Or, leave it in Italian.

Name suggestion: 'Hoarfrost'
We will get it checked, don't worry, we have an editor on it!

MRY

Wormwood Studios
Developer
I wonder if there's some way to reference the notion of a frozen Hell a la Dante. . . . Unfortunately, "Cocytus" sounds awful, "Ninth Circle" too vague. "Cold as Hell" and "Frozen Hell" seem a little bland and goofy.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom