Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

More MCA Codex Trolls.... INCOMING!

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Not for the Codex, but: https://twitter.com/ChrisAvellone/status/568960454766112768

B-VagrICEAAKMkr.jpg
B-VagrdCEAEcgb0.jpg

Ether

Educated
Hey Codex, long-time lurker here. I'm the one who asked for the Wasteland troll. (I was originally going to ask for an Arcanum troll about to be mauled by wolves, but thought it might be a little too mean.)

Here's the original that they sent me. It belongs to the Codex now:

9aZDmqo.png

Also... dang, Gromit already beat me to the colors, and did a kick-ass job! I'll have to come back here in a year to distribute proper brofists. Here's my quick little attempt.

zQXeT0C.jpg

Ether

Educated

Thank you!

Wow, so many brofists from prestigious Codexers! I feel quite honored, thank you! I'm just happy I could share some of MCA's drawings on their proper home. :salute:

I like how one of us went comic, one of us went grimdark, and both of us still used a healthy amount of Official Wasteland 2™ Foggy Green Bullshit™

Heh, seems kind of inevitable with WL2, doesn't it? I actually had this Fallout concept art in mind for the colors, but mostly the green was a desperate attempt to make the troll stand out more. And he still turned out a little too dark... oh well.

I wanted to mention again just how much I admire the cool work that you, felipepepe, and other folks have done in this thread. Looked like so much fun that I was encouraged to give it a try myself.

Also... although I love all the trolls in this thread, I have to admit that the Ultima ones that Jaesun requested are really impressive. I'm kicking myself just a little bit for not thinking to ask for a subject from Wizardry or Might & Magic, two of the series closest to my heart. (A Sheltem or Dark Savant troll would make a good addition to the repertoire, I think.) Still, I'm happy with the WL guys, and I really hope MCA had fun drawing them.

gromit

Arcane
I actually had this Fallout concept art in mind for the colors
The second I read that, I knew which one without following the link... success!
a desperate attempt to make the troll stand out more. And he still turned out a little too dark... oh well.
Do you still have your layers? Try brightening the mid-range of his pens. So bring them up as high as you can without losing the texture. It might be a quick fix.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom