Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

How is Vampire *Redemption*?

Misanthrope

Novice
Ah redemption. This game got me into Vampire PnP ( and PnP altogheter ) back when it initially came out. Honestly after the first chapter or so I just cheated myself into a god to be able to follow the story. As a game is an awful and tiresome clickfest, but that Christoph guy was just an awesome character. The Tzimisce, specially in the PnP, are quite possible the best villain concept ever created.

Not sure if its worth paying full retail price ( or even discount price ) since you would be better off buying a Vampire Novel or book.

Bloodeyes

Arcane
Bought this game on release, but my comp couldn't run it. Lost it somewhere. Thanks for reminding me of it, dling now.

Surgey

Scholar
The Walkin' Dude said:
Brennus, Im gonna miss it because I have been told its Diablo at its core with poorly implented camera and combat, even though there is great a story and setting.
Surgey said:
Also, the guns suck even more in Redemption than in Bloodlines.

What? Sure, the starting gun is annoying but to say that all ranged weapons suck? Please. I didnt have any problems playing characters who use guns.

They did Bashing damage. Bashing. Come on. They did 0 damage to the last boss, and to everything else you could just 10 times easier run up and cut them in half with a longsword.

golgotha

Liturgist
I bought this game in a bargain bin for $10 or so. I felt ripped off. I just didn't like it at all. I can see how someone would love the game, just not myself.

xemous

Arcane
Surgey said:
The Walkin' Dude said:
Brennus, Im gonna miss it because I have been told its Diablo at its core with poorly implented camera and combat, even though there is great a story and setting.
Surgey said:
Also, the guns suck even more in Redemption than in Bloodlines.

What? Sure, the starting gun is annoying but to say that all ranged weapons suck? Please. I didnt have any problems playing characters who use guns.

They did Bashing damage. Bashing. Come on. They did 0 damage to the last boss, and to everything else you could just 10 times easier run up and cut them in half with a longsword.

I equipped everyone with rocket launchers to push him back while I used that immolate fire rain spell on the last guy after a few tries I killed him without losing a party member. Every other boss I just had christoph run up and rip the shit of them with claws, potence, clarity and some other spell. He has a huge bloodpool, spent all my money getting him +blood rings but it was all useless for the last guy you can't melee him at all.
Good game.

dunduks

Liturgist
xemous said:
...but it was all useless for the last guy you can't melee him at all.
Good game.
Not true, Prison of Ice + Feral Claws = dead boss/anything.

Relayer71

Liturgist
golgotha said:
I bought this game in a bargain bin for $10 or so.

Ditto.

Played it for a bit but found it extremely boring/repetetive.

Just got Bloodlines a week ago, huge improvement overall (and really love the voice acting/writing) but the combat system sucks as well - why do modern 3D RPGs have to be real time?

What is so bad about turn based combat? Would prefer that to these half-assed action game systems.

Andrej

Liturgist
Bullshit, I melee'd the last guy into tiny bits. All it took was a chainsaw and potence 5.

xemous

Arcane
Feral claws, thats what I used, and I had all the potency and all that shit on full and I couldn't melee him he had some sort of one hit kill that randomly triggered. I can't remember anyway I killed him with rocket launchers and fire.

Andrej

Liturgist
Fortitude, Potence, Serpentis, Celerity and a chainsaw, I beleive that's how I killed him.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom