Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Wasteland Wasteland 2 Thread - Director's Cut

hiver

This is pretty great. It will be nice to replay the game in a year, with all those improvements.
:lol:

Fuck. Yes. Another year-ish of development + unity 5 enhancements. + lessons learned from release.

This is gonna be gud.
AHAhahahahaaaaaa.....

:applause:

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
This is pretty great. It will be nice to replay the game in a year, with all those improvements.
:lol:

Fuck. Yes. Another year-ish of development + unity 5 enhancements. + lessons learned from release.

This is gonna be gud.
AHAhahahahaaaaaa.....

:applause:
dumbfuck.gif

hiver

mirror, mirror on the wall.... tell me whose the most dumbfuck of them all...

JC... i thought you were sarcastic there. But it seems i gave you too big of a benefit.

Regardless of what you think of the game, this is some nice post-release support.
You are mixing post release support with "still fucking fixing the broken shit we made for no good reason at all", tuluse.

And that "support" will not change anything substantial. Its another cheap PR stunt, Its just another salvo of hype.
and they do that because they have nothing else to give.

- regardless of what i think... :lol: , yeah... thinking... only gets in the way of FUN.

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy

JC... i thought you were sarcastic there. But it seems i gave you too big of a benefit.

Regardless of what you think of the game, this is some nice post-release support.
You are mixing post release support with "still fucking fixing the broken shit we made for no good reason at all", tuluse.

And that "support" will not change anything substantial. Its another cheap PR stunt, Its just another salvo of hype.

- regardless of what i think... :lol: , yeah... thinking... only gets in the way of FUN.

Don't you ever get tired? Running around being angry all the time and spewing out the same bullshit? Like a tired old broken record.

It must be a frustrating life you live. I pity you, friend.

DosBuster

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
Codex USB, 2014
Wait a sec... I noticed it said that a few of what used to be unity 4 pro exclusives have been ported over to unity, therefore making a mod kit easier and not requiring unity pro.

I'm confused, Unity hasn't mentioned this yet? They haven't even specified a free or pro version of 5 yet, so.. did you guys accidentally announce something that wasn't meant to be announced?

hiver

What mod kit? :lol:

Don't you ever get tired? Running around being angry all the time and spewing out the same bullshit? Like a tired old broken record.

hello newfagg, welcome to your first hiver codex lesson.

This will be about the use of strawman arguments. They are very useful tool.
You see its one of the first signs someone is a complete imbecile not capable of thinking straight or forming coherent sentences.

From there it only gets worse.

For example., it also makes it very clear on what level of butthurt you are. Frustrating life indeed. - psychological projection is always, always directly connected with these outburtss of stupidity you shit do.
But its only as fun as watching a really idiotic soap opera on a constant loop.

And since the issue is an objectively horrible game, it means that you are a complete idiot, going around trying to troll people who are smarter then your shit self - only to maintain some pathetic level of pleasure while playing that utter shit.
Same as vault dweller for example.

Some would think that is worthy of pity but i do not.

Cadmus

Arcane
I don't know, hiver. I'm glad that they are doing something to make the game better.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?members/hiver.9053/ignore

hiver

I don't know, hiver. I'm glad that they are doing something to make the game better.
Sure, sure, i can see that. Of course. I just dont think they will do anything substantial with it.

Combat is ok as it is, what it needs it better designed encounters and environment.
But that aint going to solve the biggest problems of the game because the combat is not the biggest problem of the game. Its kind of moderately functional feature in a lot of others that are not.

Despite what some troll would have you believe i was just in an especially sarcastic mood, been working on something for days, several allnighters and very irregular sleeping, so thats why that post is like it is. I was just sarcastically laughing at it all.

-
That aint going to help you infinitron, fallacy by popular vote... that you hope for.
Thats just pathetic. The only thing that would help you is to stop being pretentious arrogant bastard and start asking questions and actually talking, instead of continuously insinuating and inventing shit.

Fargo:
“I know there was confusion this week due to the order of announcements but Wasteland 2 will come out simultaneously on Xbox One and PS4.

And Wasteland 2 slated for late summer, so says @rangerkeenan.

Of course, the ‪#‎Wasteland2‬ GOTY improvements will be coming to PC as well. Details to come later....”

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
"And Wasteland 2 slated for late summer, so says @rangerkeenan."

The sound of Roguey being right. Also Tim Cain too I guess.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
"And Wasteland 2 slated for late summer, so says @rangerkeenan."

The sound of Roguey being right. Also Tim Cain too I guess.

No, they're still only asking about the console versions.

He posted the PC thing two hours later, in a different context.

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2
Actually some men along the way managed to crush the cardboard cylinder my Wasteland 2 poster was packed in and now it's wrinkled.
:(

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
From Shoutbox:

Zed: are you adding new content to wl2?
Zed: for the xbone version
sea: depends on what you mean by content
MotherMachinae: where is mah mod tools for WL2? We need to make the game bearable
sea: features, yes, brand-new content I don't know
MotherMachinae: you'll not worry about content
MotherMachinae: modder gonna add more content
MotherMachinae: free labor mang
sea: MM: when I'm done you won't need mod tools to make it gud
MotherMachinae: how?
Zed: will the xbone versions (also for PC) be the complete version? like "there game is done now we'll do something else now"
sea: I don't know
Zed: I am typing like a retard
sea: (to Zed)
sea: if you are saying like "will there be another expansion" or something I have no clue
Zed: it's just that I feel like I can't play it if i know there are improvements coming
sea: well let's say I guess to my knowledge it's the "definitive edition"
Zed: hey sea speaking of cool features, when will we get a proper look on the targeting system
Zed: for WL2
Zed: aimed shotz
sea: I have no idea. it's in the game and working but we are still tweaking it.
sea: the UI isn't done so it's just placeholder stuff but it is fun to mess with
Zed: doe sit have custom death animations? aim eye, head xpload?
sea: I don't know if we are doing new anims, but we might be tying anims we already have in
sea: (since we already have heads being blown off, legs shot out from under people, etc)
Zed: in FO I only aimed head or groin
Angthoron: Headshots both of 'em
sea: the improvements are slowly starting to come together but there is a lot of balancing and polish to come
sea: I can say we are not doing a carbon copy of the Fallout system, we looked at a lot of games including stuff like JA and Silent Storm as well
sea: and we really want to avoid the "aim for the eyes" stuff
Zed: yeah that's smart
Eyeball Eyeball: should just made it on the SS engine, cuz that shit was dope.
sea: we also don't want to make it so normal non-aimed shots also aren't worth doing
Zed: I think what people want is to feel like they can aim a shot, to make that "final" tactical decision in an action
sea: but we are going to have to radically redo all the balance across the game to make sure that it's not just totally OP or useless
sea: so we are looking at tweaking all the enemy stats, encounters etc. to make sure that you will have to make good trade-offs
sea: but, as to design specifics, I would rather not get into that. too much is too subject to change still
sea: I'm sure we'll wanna show it off at some point

sea

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Just a disclaimer that what I mentioned in the Shoutbox is also covered in our PS Blog post for the PS4 version announcement.

PS4 Announcement said:
Our new Precision Strike (aimed shots) system will let you target individual body parts to cripple or stun enemies, or shatter their armor so you can mop them up, giving you even more options in combat. And you’ll need those options, because we’ve been hard at work hand-crafting each battle you’ll find yourself in.

Last edited:

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Just a disclaimer that what I mentioned in the Shoutbox is also covered in our PS Blog post for the PS4 version announcement.

PS4 Announcement said:
Our new Precision Strike (aimed shots) system will let you target individual body parts to cripple or stun enemies, or shatter their armor so you can mop them up, giving you even more options in combat. And you’ll need those options, because we’ve been hard at work hand-crafting each battle you’ll find yourself in.
Does this mean enemies will also being doing more against the player than just dealing damage?

If so :bounce:

When it comes to animations, how about making it so explosives give brutal animations instead of bare fists? Why do people explode when I punch them and fall down gently when I hit them dead on with a rocket launcher?
If new content does get added it should be some new creatures, having the same creature in different tiers is awful, here's that same wolf you fought in Arizona, but here it has 300 hp! It's almost on par with level scaling in badness. You guys didn't even give them crappy high tier names like: Dire waste wolf, or scale them bigger.
/nitpicks

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
Wolf, Slavering Wolf, Mutant Wolf, Mutated Slavering Wolf, Feral Wolf, Rabid Wolf, Kennel Wolf, Dread Wolf, Murderous Wolf, Rabid Mutant Wolf, Dire Hound Dog, Ferocious Wolf Dog, Arizona Bloodhound, Dire Hound Dog Aberration, Man-Eating Canine, Wolf of the Wastes, Alpha Wolf of the Wastes, Beta Wolf of the Wastes, Gamma Wolf of the Wastes, Radioactive Hound, Dire Mutant Feral Wolf Hound, lots of good names out there.

Would take all of five minutes to code and would make the combat exponentially more interesting than it is now.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom