Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pillars of Eternity Thread [Pre-Expansion]

Aeschylus

Swindler
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Made a Monk, and combat is over fast one way or another. If you want to go that route.

Haven't noticed enemies healing mid-combat as has been mentioned here, but as I said they tend to go down pretty fast.

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Just before the game was playable on Steam, I checked the backed portal and found the Making of -documentary there but it wouldn't play. Now it's not even listed there. It's shows as a downloaded DLC on Steam and if you go into the game's folder there's a Documentary-folder there with a text file stating that the documentary is not even ready yet.

Before entering the first dungeon from the camp, in the cutscene the music is very similar to the LotR's "ring wraiths on weathertop" theme:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BB9EWz4XBn4

Documentary isn't done because they want release party footage in it.

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
HGpk1Nl.png
Wow, you even like to play characters who are dumbfucks :lol:

da_rays

Augur
Havent had *long* fight for now , not lightning fast too has my fighter is there to get hit by a truck vs. to hit like a truck.
but F that , just got my 3rd party member. TIME FOR SOME REVENGE, YOU HEAR ME CAVE BEAR?

Also , i dont have too much complain for the character system . Very different from what i've seen across RPGs. Aside from some getting use to on the various mechanics that dont use a BG term or something similiar. Learning is fun ! :D

Wulfstand

Prophet
Aloth's voiceactor sounds strangely similar to Arcanum's Virgil. Is it just a hunch?

dragonul09

Arcane
Edgy
I'm kinda dissapointed with the soul reading crap,they wasted so much potential with this ability ,i mean, imagine a conversation with the npc after using that ability ,instead what do i get? Walls of crappy writing.Who the hell thought this shit was a good idea?
In Gilded Vale ,there are like 6-7 npcs that feels more like standing books than an actual npc.I mean, why the hell do i have that ability, if i can't fool around with the damn npcs and i feel like they wasted too much time on that, when they could have done more interesting things.

Grimlorn

Arcane
Died to 3 wolves at the beginning after the first area.

Achievement Unlocked: MCA skill level

:negative:

Raapys

Arcane
Guize does anyone know for certain(rather than deducing from the description) whether Marksman can increases spell Accuracy or just weapon acc?

Trodat

Arcane
Patron
I'm being overwhelmed by the CC options. Who should I be? Decisions, decisions!

Yeah, me too. My problem is I've got too many options I like from playing the beta. Do I go with a crowd control focused frontline cipher? Do I make a single target damage dealing fighter? Maybe a stock standard priest? Maybe a tank-y ranger? A monk?

Aaaaaargh.

Poor Biodrones. Well, atleast they are liking PoE.

Athelas

Arcane
Guize does anyone know for certain(rather than deducing from the description) whether Marksman can increases spell Accuracy too?
I'm pretty sure it does - stats in this game are typically unified. You can check in the combat log what the accuracy of your spell is pre-Marksman and then see if Marksman has any effect. You do have to attack from a distance.

lurker3000

Arcane
I feel like a consoletard but I like achievements in my steam game. How else can I compare my e-penis with everyone else?

Viata

Arcane
Loved what I have seen so far. Sadly I have to work now.

I heard I could create my own teammates(I meant heard because I have ignored anything about this game since the kickstarter campaign), is it true? If so, where would I be able to do this?

There is the Adventures Hall(?) and can make characters there. But I don't think it is available for a while.
You can hire adventurers at the very first inn in the game.
Thanks. I saw that, I'll wait later, when I can create 5 character and pay for them. But thanks for the help.

Ellef

Deplorable
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Sometimes my cursor gets stuck as the pickup hand and it doesn't change. Unless i'm missing something, I can't change it and have to reboot the game.

Gerrard

Arcane
I punched the 3 wolves to death, but can't kill the fucking bandits even if I can sneak up right up to them. Also bear killed me in 2 hits. You can't grapple the bear, game is shit.

Shadenuat

Arcane
Just got Fine Estoc from random locked crate :happytrollboy:

So far been mopping floor with enemies, not that I don't die or lose HP, but I've yet to be creative about tactics. Aloth starts with a crossbow bolt, Eder intercepts, my druid either throws damage spells if there are many enemies or shapeshifts every combat, helps Eder with some bear-on-a-man action.

I'm not sure there is a reason for any difficulty lower than Hard. Maybe I should have started with highest one.
But we'll see how it goes when 6 on 6 party action will come out. The temple in first city already requires some resting to make better use of all the spells I have.

Beware of traps on Hard+, I almost got Aloth instagibbed a-la BG series by looting one barrel without checking it with Scouting. Thankfully I've put everything into Mechanics on his level up.

Using per-encounter abilities on every single enemy on a map becomes a chore already.

Last edited:

Semper

Cipher
MCA Project: Eternity
I'm kinda dissapointed with the soul reading crap,they wasted so much potential with this ability ,i mean, imagine a conversation with the npc after using that ability ,instead what do i get? Walls of crappy writing.Who the hell thought this shit was a good idea?

those are the backer npcs. you don't need to read a single one of those short stories, though sometimes they're not that bad.

Shadenuat

Arcane
Oh yeah, backer NPCs, "OH UNIQUE QUEST GIVER!... ooh fuck .. O QUEST GIVE-- damn O--.. yeah I get it. ...*sigh*"

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
Had one long drawn out fight near the start. 1h+shield means you're slower but more protected. The heavy armor my pc had on him didn't help either. Reminds me somewhat of how in Darklands the weight of the armor and gear really did have an effect. Seems like it will be fun experimenting with different party setups in this one.

Loving the game so far. Expected a lower budget BG but got something that seems so far to be shaping up to be much better. Choices and consequences are fun btw. Saving a teammate in a narrative event actually cost me my splendid main weapon. That hurt.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom