Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Pillars of Eternity Patch 1.10 Introduces Turn-based Combat Mode, Overhauls Attribute System

TeknoBM

Dark Souls Fan
Not funny. On the other hand shipping such a game with rtwp wasn't funny either.

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Damn... nigga fooled me allright..

Only because I so furrrrryiously believe that PoE would be a tremendously tremendously better game with TB combatty

So sum up: Fuck you, and fuck april fool's day. Shittiest day of the fucking year!

Weasel
DU got drunk and lost in UT, so he had no desire to make a April Fools joke.

MARKET ROUNDUP
Sydney, 09:30

The Australian Stock Exchange was rocked this morning by a surprise announcement from Greg Martin Enterprises that founder, internet entrepreneur, venture capitalist and philanthropist Greg Martin had resigned as Chairman and CEO of the RPG Codex, in order to devote more time to his Blackspace browser game.

In an emotional statement he confirmed that a successor had already been appointed:

"It has been an honour and a privilege to lead the RPG Codex for so many years and I take great pride in its current position as a reputable market leader and prestigious opinion former in the field of computer roleplaying games. And what a journey of discovery it has been: when we founded the site back in 2002 I didn't even know what a tubgirl was.

After careful succession planning I'm confident I'm leaving the Codex in the right hands for the next stage of its development. I am handing over with immediate effect to Chris Peyson, better known by his legendary Unreal Tournament handle: Crispy."

Mr Peyson promised a "harsh but fair" regime:

"I thank Mr Martin for all he has done" he said. "I promise to be a benevolent ruler. A first offense of insulting my computer repair skills or sexual prowess will only result in a Prosperisation and/or Watchwitzing, banning will be reserved for second offenses.

I assure regular posters that the needs of the decent minority will be my top priority, especially those who claim to be female. There is a new sheriff in town."

GME shares closed lower in choppy trading.

polo

Magister
I was just going to post about how bad this joke was, then i saw so many fail their intelligence checks and rejoiced.
Nice one.

l3loodAngel

Proud INTJ
Patron
Edgy
I cried... Nice joke!
images

Darkzone

Arcane
Nice joke.
I just talked with Tim Cain however...
I've said too much.
Tell him also that the they should use a memory for the attractor function to evade the local minima in the potential field. In RTwP modus the blocked paths of player characters, let them tend to go forth an back. To avoid the problems that occurred in Arcanum, they should use the current times of actions and translate them into APs. ;)

CyberWhale

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Actually, if Tim wants to prove that he isn't a total faggot when we're speaking about his personality as well - he should at least make a non-official TB mod in his free time (like Sawyer did for New Vegas). It doesn't matter how horribly unbalanced it is - we have Saw... Sensuki to fix it.

Athelas

Arcane
Actually, if Tim wants to prove that he isn't a total faggot when we're speaking about his personality as well - he should at least make a non-official TB mod in his free time (like Sawyer did for New Vegas). It doesn't matter how horribly unbalanced it is - we have Saw... Sensuki to fix it.
A combat system designed to accommodate both real-time and turn-based? I see no way this could go wro-

Arcanum_cover_copy.jpg

Oh.

if Tim wants to prove that he isn't a total faggot when we're speaking about his personality as well
I don't think you understand how this whole gay thing works. :M

zero29

Arbiter
patch 1.10? too obvious. but at least it wasn't another Rich Homie Cloaked incident...

Black

Arcane
A combat system designed to accommodate both real-time and turn-based? I see no way this could go wro-

Arcanum_cover_copy.jpg

Oh.

if Tim wants to prove that he isn't a total faggot when we're speaking about his personality as well
I don't think you understand how this whole gay thing works. :M
Arcanum's fast tb combat was bitter but short. Unlike rtwp combat which is bitter and long.

Western

Arcane
Codex 2012 Codex 2014 Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
My conditioning from 2000's still hasn't been broken, saw the headline and didn't believe it not even realising it was April 1st.

Scruffy

Ex-janitor
Patron
Codex 2012 Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014
April's fool is for chumps. The real prankster doesn't bow down to institutionalized pranking, he hits on June 3rd, unexpected. Look at the Grimoire thread, that's how a professional prankster works, keeps you hooked for YEARS.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom