Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Indie Will Fight for Food: Super Actual Sellout: Game of the Hour

Borelli

Arcane
Is it just me or is the main character in the trailer Obama?

pyroary

Ubisoft Abu Dhabi
Developer
You mean "Game of the Hour Edition," don't you? Because I think I get the joke, but it doesn't quite come across without the word "edition."

This thread is also a reminder that I need to do another playthrough of Unrest at some point. I finished it three times and never encountered its combat system.

Yeah, "edition" is kind of implied.

Re: Unrest Combat: I could spoil it for you - it is best encountered as a surprise, though!

pyroary

Ubisoft Abu Dhabi
Developer
Yeah, if different customization options are only color swaps then it is easy. But if customization also means drawing different fighting moves for different body types, different animations and (maybe) different dialog then it ends up being too costly for a small team like us.
Of course. That's why I specifically mentioned the customization of your wrestleman mask.

Okay, it's on the to-do list! Will try my best to incorporate that before launch itself. :)

pyroary

Ubisoft Abu Dhabi
Developer
zwanzig_zwoelf pippin Norfleet

Guess what I added into the game :)

zszKHFu.jpg

If anyone in this thread wants to suggest color schemes for the protagonist, go ahead! Need colors for 5 things: Mask, Coat, Shirt, Trousers and Shoes.

Norfleet

It's a start. Maybe an option for, say, shirtlessness, and, most importantly, more mask customization. The shirt/pants/coat/shoes layer is fine as a simple color, but the mask is essential!

pyroary

Ubisoft Abu Dhabi
Developer
It's a start. Maybe an option for, say, shirtlessness, and, most importantly, more mask customization. The shirt/pants/coat/shoes layer is fine as a simple color, but the mask is essential!

Shirtless is definitely possible - for the game, that's just one possible color of the shirt.
Patterns on the mask are a bit more complicated, but I will try adding those once the release date is past and the current rush is over.

zwanzig_zwoelf

zwanzig_zwoelf pippin Norfleet

Guess what I added into the game :)

If anyone in this thread wants to suggest color schemes for the protagonist, go ahead! Need colors for 5 things: Mask, Coat, Shirt, Trousers and Shoes.
Nice. El Grapadura has a green (coat)/orange (shirt) color scheme, so... actually, can you add a way for the player to choose the colors?

pyroary

Ubisoft Abu Dhabi
Developer
Nice. El Grapadura has a green (coat)/orange (shirt) color scheme, so... actually, can you add a way for the player to choose the colors?

Sadly, not anytime soon - the game uses a single png sprite sheet for a character's animations. Changing colors in an image editor is super easy, but adding that feature in the game won't be possible before release.
However, the game is easily moddable and all config files are plain text files, so even if I don't add a color customizer, you can add new skins with editing just 2-3 lines of text. I'll publish a tutorial once the game is out.

pyroary

Ubisoft Abu Dhabi
Developer
We made a "how to play WFFF" instructional video, called "Problem solving in a Post-Luchador Era":

pyroary

Ubisoft Abu Dhabi
Developer
Made a video showing off the new custom outfits feature. I wonder if anyone can recognize all the references:

Jools

Eater of Apples
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Insert Title Here Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
Did you hide the hot coffee code reasonably well to fool those ESRB bigot inbred retards but not so well that modders won't find it?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom