Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pillars of Eternity Coding/Hacking Thread

Sensuki

Arcane
Codex 2014 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
That's a shit article, they didn't even show Karkarov's HUD :/

Gonna contact them, because that's the best thing about the mod.

Athelas

Arcane
There are also some gameplay tweaks, such as the optional disabling of engagement. Engagement means that if one of the participants in melee combat tries to break away to reposition, they leave themselves prone to a free attack from their enemy. The modder feels this makes combat less tactical and more static, since once you're in melee you're less likely to uproot yourself. If you disagree and like engagement the way it is, no worries: this feature is optional and you don't have to use it.
:whatisfun:

Rake

Arcane
Bester Sensuki
I just installed the IE mod. Everything works correctly, except when i try to customize the UI. I can move the elements around, but when i click to Karkarovs (or any other UI backround) nothing happens, and i get a message in the log
Couldn't read file at path: D: Pillars of Eternity\.....\managed\iemod\frames\karkarov d 1920-1080.png
When i go into the folder i can open the .pngs just fine, they seem ok. I have Solid HUD disabled in the game options. Did i do something wrong?

agris

Arcane
Patron
Bester Sensuki
I just installed the IE mod. Everything works correctly, except when i try to customize the UI. I can move the elements around, but when i click to Karkarovs (or any other UI backround) nothing happens, and i get a message in the log
Couldn't read file at path: D: Pillars of Eternity\.....\managed\iemod\frames\karkarov d 1920-1080.png
When i go into the folder i can open the .pngs just fine, they seem ok. I have Solid HUD disabled in the game options. Did i do something wrong?
Also disable the solid HUD if you haven't.

xxTheGoDxx

Literate
Could somebody update the IE-Mod, according to someone on the Nexus there is a commit for the disable autosave feature :)

Hormalakh

Magister
uhhhh....they're saying Obsidian developed the IE mod. Someone better correct this ASAP.

http://www.vcpost.com/articles/5722...e-ie-mod-obsidian-customization-mechanics.htm

Just some days ago, reports popped out about the new mod developed by Obsidian Entertainment were presented. According to them, these patches contained different new features but the majority of them were into the players' customization options. They both targeted the ability of the players to present their selves in the gameplay and the remove option for some combat mechanics.

Someone kill this before every shithead just repeats the same lie.

For glorious Codexia!:ehue:

Athelas

Arcane
What the...?

Oh, it's one of *those* articles, that are presumably written by an A.I. trying to become sentient. Note the alien sentence structure.

Last edited:

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
Gaymjournos are the biggest losers in the industry (or all industries). Just imagine a hot chick standing at a party and asking a guy "what do you do for a living" and the guy saying "i write about video games on the internet". Do you think she'll get wet anywhere at all? I don't think so.

I don't even see why anyone would care about what they write.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Gaymjournos are the biggest losers in the industry (or all industries). Just imagine a hot chick standing at a party and asking a guy "what do you do for a living" and the guy saying "i write about video games on the internet". Do you think she'll get wet anywhere at all? I don't think so.
This is soooo retarded. Do you think a chick will be wet if I tell her that I'm an accountant? Or an office clerk? I don't give too much worth to the word of game journalists, but it is not worse of a job than movie, music or any other art critics. They all say their subjective opinions about a piece of entertainment.

Hormalakh

Magister
The girl might have her drink come out her nose as she bursts into laughter. That's technically getting wet.

Now that enough time has passed, I will be finally getting to play Pillars of Eternity. :D

ZagorTeNej

Arcane
This is soooo retarded. Do you think a chick will be wet if I tell her that I'm an accountant? Or an office clerk? I don't give too much worth to the word of game journalists, but it is not worse of a job than movie, music or any other art critics. They all say their subjective opinions about a piece of entertainment.

Other arts are:

-Older, more developed and satisfy a large variety of niches on the market. Kickstarter aside (which is a recent phenomenon), the last decade of (western) gaming industry was basically split into AAA lowest common denominator crap and hipster indie artsy bullshit.

-Have critics with degrees in journalism and atleast a modicum of writing talent who aren't dependant on gaming publisher ads. When have you seen respected movie critics unanimously praising latest Michael Bay turd and comparing it to Citizen Kane? In gaming, it happens with every cinematic popamole flavour of the month. I'm not even gonna go into gaming critics having zero respect for and desire to get to know their art's history.

So yes, as things stand now it is worse of a job than a critic of other arts, in terms of recognition and respect.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath

Other arts are:

-Older, more developed and satisfy a large variety of niches on the market. Kickstarter aside (which is a recent phenomenon), the last decade of (western) gaming industry was basically split into AAA lowest common denominator crap and hipster indie artsy bullshit.

-Have critics with degrees in journalism and atleast a modicum of writing talent who aren't dependant on gaming publisher ads. When have you seen respected movie critics unanimously praising latest Michael Bay turd and comparing it to Citizen Kane? In gaming, it happens with every cinematic popamole flavour of the month. I'm not even gonna go into gaming critics having zero respect for and desire to get to know their art's history.

So yes, as things stand now it is worse of a job than a critic of other arts, in terms of recognition and respect.
Hold your horses. Maybe I expressed myself poorly, but I was not arguing that gaming journalism is on par with other type of journalism. It is worse in terms of recognition and respect. I shouldn't have said that it is not worse of a job than movie critics. What I really meant that it is just like any other job. There are hacks, there are talented people, there are all kinds of people. I just hate the "LOL, get a real job" argument, when it comes to game journalists. It is just like any other job.
Critics of toys for kids are on the same level as those for Art and Film, ok then :retarded:
I pity you that you see your hobby as toys for kids. Secondly, I didn't mean that they are on the same level.

Athelas

Arcane
Hold your horses. Maybe I expressed myself poorly, but I was not arguing that gaming journalism is on par with other type of journalism. It is worse in terms of recognition and respect. I shouldn't have said that it is not worse of a job than movie critics. What I really meant that it is just like any other job. There are hacks, there are talented people, there are all kinds of people. I just hate the "LOL, get a real job" argument, when it comes to game journalists. It is just like any other job.
You sound suspiciously like someone who has their own YouTube show where they talk about classic RPG's, and feels they have to defend themselves for it. :M

ZagorTeNej

Arcane

It's (incredibly large) percentage of hacks that is the problem, so is their symbiotic relationship with big name publishers. As long as the official game journalism consists of glorified advertisers and bloggers with poor (to put it lightly) writing skills and very limited knowledge/mastery of the hobby, "get a real job" argument has great merit. It needs to get serious to be taken seriously, just the way it is.

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
Do you think a chick will be wet if I tell her that I'm an accountant?
Accountants conform to one of the archetypes. Some chicks will be wet for that, yes.

If a chick says she's a secretary, it's hot, cause it's a bright stereotype. If a chick is a blogger, it's an immediate turn off, cause I'd immediately imagine all the garbage she's got in her head.

My main question to a gaymjournalist would be "WHY GAME???". Criminal journalist - cool. Gaym journalist - incredible shit tier.

circ

Arcane
Why does Sawyer hate levels anyway? The more levels the better. I think Chrono Trigger had level cap at 999. Or maybe it was 99 and Aela's claws were capped at 999.

da_rays

Augur
First off , :salute: to the works modder added to this game. Saw quite a few interesting things on the nexus , IE mod seem a must . Is any other work the install? Saw a ''better GFX mod'' ,Screenshot and comments did not sold me tho. Anything i should care for?

And yeah , the +3 Lvls cap should have been something that halve XP. I dont see the use in another 3 lvls...maybe in PotD ? Havent strolled in that difficulty yet.
Adn last question....any other mods or nifty thing outside the nexus?

prodigydancer

Arcane
In My Safe Space
What exactly does the "Improved AI" option in IE Mod 4.11 do?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom