Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The "How many copies of FO have you gone through?"

How many Fallouts have you owned? (Cumulatively)

• None

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1-3

• 3-6

• 6-10

• 11-19

• 20+

• 100+

• The mandatory kingcomrade option

• Total voters

flabbyjack

Arcane
How many copies of Fallout 1, Fallout 2, and hell even Fallout : Brotherhood of Steel and Fallout Tactics : Brotherhood of Steel have you purchased, received as gifts, or or looted from malls?

Please try to recall your past and provide an accurate number. You may include the older Fallot 1 + 2 boxset as 2, the Fallout 1 and 2 jeweled CD bundle as 2, and the recent boxset as 3. You may include copies you obtained temporarily, IE -- copies that have been rented, been lent, or copies checked out from your local library. You may include copies that you have bought/looted in order to be given as gifts. You may include bootleg/pirated copies IF you have them stored in permanent fashion(CD, etc).

xedoc gpr

Scholar
Great question with a real sense of purpose. Personally I don't like when the case starts to get dirty so I usually order a new copy of Fallout every month or so.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I bought FO 1 and FO 2 and pirated Tactics, so that should count as 3. If pirated shit doesn't count, it's 2.

Strap Yourselves In Codex+ Now Streaming!
What a retarded topic.

I own the boxed german versions of Fallout 1 and 2, the boxed US Version of FO 2 and the Jewelcase Dual Dewel Jewel Jew something thingie, containing the patched US Versions of Fallout 1 and 2 (I count that as two copies although it is one product ), plus, I think I have a copy of fallout 1 from a german gaming magazine.

Makes 6 I guess. Im planning to get the boxed US version of FO 1 aswell sometime in the future.

Also OP, youre an idiot.
*3-6
*6-10

What should I vote?

Rohit_N

Prophet
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I bought Fallout 1 and 2 separately, but after I bought Fallout 2 again after the previous disc became scratched, I also received the Fallout 1 soundtrack, which turned out to be the game itself.

So, I've had two of both.

Major_Blackhart

Codexia Lord Sodom
Patron
I have FO1, 2 and tactics. Though I must say, I bought 1 once by itself (with the awesome box art and the box) then once again with the combo jewel case cause a dick used to be friend of mine fucking lost it or claimed he did like an asshole (he did it with two other games as well. College pricks).

I bought over 7 billion. Maybe even sevan gazillian. I wouldnt rule it out. I have lots of money. I'm actually having all of my hundreds of secrateries buy me even more copies right now. I'm very importnat you know?

Kikeosaurus Jew said:
I bought over 7 billion. Maybe even sevan gazillian. I wouldnt rule it out. I have lots of money. I'm actually having all of my hundreds of secrateries buy me even more copies right now. I'm very importnat you know?
So you're Steven Spielberg?

MF

The Boar Studio
Patron
Developer
I have a press CD of the Fallout demo, I have the European Fallout (no children :( ) , bought the original fallout US version on ebay, and I bought the fallout 1 + 2 jewel box somewhere in 2002, so I finally got to play Fallout 2. I thought it sucked.

I also bought Fallout Tactics. I loved the demo, but the full game..sucked.

So I guess that makes three times Fallout, one time fallout demo, one time fallout 2 and one itme fallout tactics. A total of six copies.

OSK

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I pirated the original Fallout, loved it and then later bought the "Dual Jewel" Fallout 1 + 2 set.

obediah

Erudite
I bought all three the week they were released in the U.S. The CD's are (presumably) safe in one of those black cd books. I read the Fallout Manual on the bus on the way home from the mall, but never again. I don't think I ever read the other manuals. I think I kept them because they were fancy, but I pitch all boxes immediately. I'm a hater like that.

mister lamat

Scholar
I read the Fallout Manual on the bus on the way home from the mall

i had it sitting on my lap trying to drive my mum's opel home and read at the same time.

Rat Keeng

Liturgist
Two copies of FO1 and three copies of FO2, since I played FO2 first. Never actually bought Tactics or FOBOS, and since I'm also not gonna buy any other Fallout game ever, five copies it is.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
1 - 3. Never had a problem with them. Mind you, it's not like I'm uninstalling it and re-installing it all the time. Hell, last time I installed it was when I bought the new PC 3 years ago. It's one of the questions I have to answer first: "Can I play Fallout on this thing?".

Hory

Erudite
I just have a sealed 10$ "dual jewel" edition of FO1+2, but I got it a long time after finishing it from pirated copies. I do have a special Fallout 2 poster tho, the one which started it for me.

I saw the poster in an internet cafe, was bored, so I started searching for screenshots of this game. It looked unique, so I ordered it from a bootlegger. When playing it, I never got past the awful Temple of Trials. Giant ants? Give me a break. Giant scoprions? That's it.

I gave the game to a friend, and thankfully he had the patience to get further, and then tell me how great the game is. The rest is history.

When the internet cafe was shutting down, my brother got the poster from them, and now it's in my room. Funny how the love for RPGs can be triggered by a random item in a random place.

Hamster

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014
1. Pirate russian Fallout 2
2. Pirate russian Fallout Tactics
3. Pirate russian Fallout Collection
4. License russian Fallout 2
5. License russian Fallout Tactics
6. License english Fallout Collection - playing it right now. :)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom