Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

GameSpy wishes for the Fallout fans to die

Severian Silk

You're way better than the old bryce!!

SlavemasterT

Arcane
The_Nameless_Prick said:
I hate niggers, weaklings they are. Try asking a nigger to do something EXTREME to save his family (some kind of extreme physical pain). Do you think he'll do it?

Oh, who cares what other game sites think, fuck 'em all. Tubgirl them or something.
Why can't TNP's special title be something like "Bi-curious," instead of something awesome like Zionist Agent? He shouldn't be rewarded for his latest excursion into retarded subcultures.

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
I'm a member of the Fallout community too.
I am deeply offended. Sent a complaint already.

:wink:

Vival

Augur
Indeed, that's so offensive! He will hear from my LAWYER!!11!!

Who gives a fuck what this dumbfuck wishes as long as he doesn't actually start killing Fallout fans.

Hory

Erudite
I don't care what he wishes for us, but maybe he can explain why would Fallout fans have in common "ignorance" and "stupidity"? Does it take a fool to play and like a complex RPG such as Fallout? People that play other RPGs are smarter?

I sent a complaint just because it would be fun to see him punished. CHOICES AND CONSEQUENCES OMG.

cutterjohn

Cipher
Well, that was something entirely unexpected from what I had previously mistaken for at least a semi-professional outfit. (But then I take a look at 1up...)

In any event, I think that this comment tells me exactly what their review of FO3 is going to be like. Something gushing with neverending praise and 10/10 (or equivalent) score regardless of what a steaming POS FO3 turns out to be in reality. (See Oblivious scoring, and referenced comment.)

sah

Liturgist
These people loved Oblivion for horse riding and shiny swords. Arrogant idiots are always in the majority, that's part of life.

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
I said:
In his latest podcast, the esteemed GameSpy editor Allen Rausch has presumably reached even further heights in professionalism and quality journalism at the very same time by stating that, and I quote, "when it comes to Fallout fans, ignorance, stupidity and arrogance is bad combination, because this is a community that has all of those. Since I've already opened the door there, they're loathsome human beings, who I hope really get a horrible disease and die," end quote.

Now, I don't know about you people at GameSpy, but I do not take kindly to this kind of crap and I know a lot of other people who won't either. I WILL expect a nice boot up dear Allen's ass, to be frank, or at least an apology stating, and I quote myself:

"Hey, look, I'm a monkey. My address is [fill in the blanks] and I urge everyone to come by and give me diseases because I love diseases. Especially those you die from."

Is that insensitive enough for you? Good. Now get your people persons working and show dear Allen the door.

Normally, I wouldn't give a crap. Wishes of ill over the Internet? Done all the time. Heck, done every day! Watch me bat an eyelash if you've got the patience, but Allen is the editor of GameSpy, "the most comprehensive gaming site on the Web." It really isn't the most appropriate thing.

Kisses and bruises from a Fallout fan (but you knew that already, right?)

P.S. Tell Allen I don't want any diseases from him.

Hell yeah, I'm hardcore! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Joe Krow

Erudite
The fix is in. You know who is behind this. War is being declared. Two posts a day on Beth's forum. Burst every bubble. Expose every lie. They should have known better.

Mr Happy

Scholar
Gamespy is the new Gamespot. Funny guy.

BTW, isnt Something Awful that forum that you have topay 10 bucks to join? What the hell is up with that? Are they such amazing and interesting people that you just could help but buy the priviledge of posting there? I don't get it. I browsed there one time, and I think maybe once I almost made one of those chuckles that you make when an senile old man tells a joke in a wedding speech or something.

spacemoose

Erudite
Mr Happy said:
Gamespy is the new Gamespot. Funny guy.

BTW, isnt Something Awful that forum that you have topay 10 bucks to join? What the hell is up with that? Are they such amazing and interesting people that you just could help but buy the priviledge of posting there? I don't get it. I browsed there one time, and I think maybe once I almost made one of those chuckles that you make when an senile old man tells a joke in a wedding speech or something.

it used to be good. now its moderated to assfuck

miles foreman

Scholar
Alan "Delsyn" Rausch said:
Y'know, these are people who would love it to be 1998 forever and they want all the ex-Troika guys to come back to it. I mean, the quintessential example of what these people are is when Bethesda got the license and nobody knew anything beyond the fact that hey, Bethesda got the license. A normal person would go "hey, look, an obscure license that really only had critical praise and didn't do all that well in terms of sales has been rescued from the dead by people who love it." And what was their reaction? "Oh, it's going to suck when Bethesda has it. You know what? You know nothing, shut up.

Well, given all the information that's been released in the last 12 hours... yeah, it still sucks. It may be a fine lil' over-the-top post-apocalyptic romp but Fallout 3 it ain't.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
What's the big deal? All he did was act exactly like the FO Fanatic stereotype. He's no better than any of us - wishing others will die because they have differing opinions. The guy would fit in with the Codex.

R00fles!

Ladonna

Arcane
Is it illegal in the US for a journalist to want a group or individual to die?

callehe

Liturgist
change the words "fallout fans" to [name of ethnic group] and his comments would be offensive for a journalist. but since we're dealing with fallout fans, there's no harm done right...

sheek

Arbiter
On 'serious games':
Rauschy said:
If you look at the movie industry there's space for the big blockbuster movies, and I LOVE them. But you, y'know there's room for documentaries, y'know, that talk about real causes.

And there's a lotta room that - uh, that games are not, that games are not exploring.

And I go back to my own experience... I learned what a trebuchet was from Civilization - from Age of Empires! I learned.. I developed a better sense of History, from playing games. You know - y'know, I can read about Alexander's campaign, or I can live them.

I can try, um, to do better than Alexander did - with th-the luxury of hindsight.

And, uh, y'know, I think - the, um current educational system in this country is kinda designed with this industrial mindset - where we produce citizens.

And it really ignores the way people learn - which is, um, people learn with their hands. And if, you wanna understand real issues in the world, y'know, the one of the best ways ta do it... is to play games with 'em.

The best way to learn about history and real life is to play more video games.... Yeah, Allen!

I don't think it's worth getting upset about this guy, he's clearly a moron.

HanoverF

Arcane
Patron
MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2
I sense some hostility stems from trying to market that pos Fallout Tactics to the community he clearly holds so dear.

Not really upset, but getting him to lose his job over this would be teh funny!

Deleted member 7219

The_Nameless_Prick said:
I hate niggers, weaklings they are. Try asking a nigger to do something EXTREME to save his family (some kind of extreme physical pain). Do you think he'll do it?

Oh, who cares what other game sites think, fuck 'em all. Tubgirl them or something.

Piss off you racist fuck.

deadairis

Novice
Bradylama said:
Word on the street (NMA) is he was the marketing manager for Tactics.

Actually, word on the podcast is that...well, it's on the podcast. Not on the clip Brother None distributed, unfortunately.. That noted, I'm just going to go ahead and c/p what I mentioned on NMA, since it's true here as well.
GameSpy Debriefings: 91:10: Patrick Joynt (me), in response to Allen's oft-quoted vitriol:

"I love Fallout. I'm a member of the Fallout fan community."

I'm curious how come we're not seeing as many quotes of that, or hearing it in audio clips, or hearing "The GameSpy Debriefings #8 presents two opposing views on something!" I know, in part, it's because DarkLegacy [edited; thanks Amasius)
created one audio clip which is all most people have listened to. The actual cast is on iTunes, or at http://www.gamespy.com/index/debriefings.html .

I'm not trying to take away from the offense you all felt (regardless that I didn't) as members of the community to hyperbole, but I'm really curious.

Also, for people who didn't actually listen to the whole podcast, just the edited clips -- feedback.gamespy.com is our feedback address. It's in the podcast I believe right before and right after our Fallout discussion; the "archive" feedback address usually results in 500 errors. I'll be hanging around here and chatting with anyone who's interested while I have time this week though, so you'll get a faster reply talking to me directly if you like.

Cheers,
Patrick

Jaime Lannister

Arbiter
Psssh. I've known gamespy to be unprofessional ever since they gave Gothic II 2 stars for being "too slow-paced" as if a game can't be good unless it's FAST-PACED ACTION!

Claw

Erudite
Patron
Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
I just realize we may have got it all wrong. Allen said:

I used to work for Interplay where I was the product manager for Fallout Tactics where I learned first hand that when it comes to Fallout fans, ignorance, stupidity and arrogance is a bad combination.

Sounds like he's reflecting on his own mistakes. It takes balls to admit how wrong he was.
Just kidding.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom