Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Squeenix reveals DX 12 tech demo running on Titan X

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
The future is bright :desu:

Dev_Anj

Learned
Yeah, but there's not much talk about the Titan X engine in that thread.

I'll be getting to the videos later. It's nice to see that modern engines can get some convincing graphics, but I still wish the gameplay and area design could be focused on too.

Havoc

Cheerful Magician
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath
Okay, so what's so special about prerendered stuff?

ultimanecat

Arcane
What am I missing? SE barely cares about releasing Japanese-developed titles on PC, and the current consoles aren't even remotely capable of that level of rendering.

Echo Mirage

Arcane
I remember seeing the Angie's philosophy tech demo ages ago. I remember at the time thinking to myself that it looked far more interesting as game concept than anything else Sqeenix has farted out in recent years.

Havoc

Cheerful Magician
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath
I'm still waiting for an answer "so what?"

Again Makabb is shilling for shit. First Battlefront, now this.

A horse of course

I'm pretty sure this took FOUR Titan X cards, not one. CBA to double-check.

Think about how much hentai can benefit from this kind of technology.

Hentai CGI movies are made by pretty small teams - they'll never reach the level of entire development studios with professionals cranking out waifus 24/7

They are definitely improving though, recent examples of high-level CGI hentai would be:

NSFW NSFW NSFW

http://www.dlsite.com/ecchi-eng/work/=/product_id/RE130364.html
http://www.dlsite.com/ecchi-eng/work/=/product_id/RE147193.html

Scourge of the Evil is pretty notable and was released in 2013 - it takes this team YEARS just to produce something of this level of detail:

http://www.dlsite.com/ecchi-eng/work/=/product_id/RE126421.html

Deleted member 7219

Can someone point out a tech demo that was ever worth anything?

I don't see anything here that would be significantly (if at all) more impressive than what I've already seen in Cryengine 3 games. On a GTX760.. I never understood the point of things like this. It's like it's a PC tech demo designed to impress people who only experienced console graphics.

DeepOcean

Arcane
Ehhh... another useless tech demo... wake me up when SE decides to make a good game for once.

Astral Rag

Arcane
No amount of shiny GFX can convince me to install Windows 9.

DirectX 8.1b for life!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom