Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

In Progress Let's Play as a Raping Pillaging Pirate!

Tigranes

Arcane
:shunthenonbeliever:
The people demand their climactic sex scene!

Liked. Everytime a pirate captain gets slain I'm like "Noooo!"

But then there existed a conflict inside me. How could I feel for these pirates and get into the story if THEY KILL PEOPLE FOR MONEY? I should root for the Spanish to find them!?

!!!!!! I enjoyed.

Dreaad

Arcane
Deep in your subconscious mind spreading lies.
Are all of you ready!!! Coming this Tuesday, the sewers of sexual and piraty domination!!

n8cYgYk.png

Dreaad

Arcane
Okay so after that huuuuuuuuuuuge delay I'm back with episode 11. There was technical difficulties. There was distractions. There was Gothic 3, with patches. There was also drunken Russian laziness. But... what can you really expect from a Slav.

Sooo last time, Blackbeard had just told Nick to go to Cartagena, on a... who's blues, clue hunt. Who is the traitor?! Will this downward spiral of hallucinogens ever end? Side note: I fucking hate, hate, hate vydia game sewers. Probably has something to do with this being my first true pc game... So without futher ado about nothing.

The trip to Cartagena is uneventful. Once again I spend most of my time quizzing Rockfish on his flying ship. Trying to get a handle on how it works. God forbid, anything happened to this autistic genius that Redbeard valued so highly. I also query him on what it is exactly Blackbeard wants us to find. His reply is uninformative, his hope is that the traitor dropped something or left some mark in those underground tunnels that might give away his identity. Personally I find the likelihood of finding something two decades later unlikely.
WiESnd6.jpg

8oGGccB.jpg

Weimuhi.jpg

Once in Cartagena, it turns out Rockfish can still locate the very underground passage Redbeard used to rob the Spanish of their gold fortune. We make sure to park his flying ship well out of sight and all together, the three of us sneak into and under the city. Unfortunately, it quickly becomes apparent the things have changed since Rockfish's last visit. The sewers of Cartagena have apparently changed.
Zcn6lGm.jpg

The room we're in has two valves, one marked "drain" and one marked "fill". One side of the room has a deep pool of water with a raft in it. Whomever stands on the raft cannot reach either of the valves, lucky there's three of us.
9goBQka.jpg

Anne catches my attention and quietly starts complaining.
B1ZK7Zu.jpg

mR1KYzu.png
: I can't believe I'm here. We just walked in here like sheep going to be slaughtered. Who's in charge of this expedition anyway?
JxbmPli.png
: I guess I am.
tLX91zR.png
: Oh, good, because I've got something to report.
JxbmPli.png
: (Not now woman please.)
eIjKJfW.png
: It's obvious somebody has kept this place maintained. *Sigh* Well, we can't go back anymore. Whoever set this up is probably somewhere ahead. I have a feeling they want us to find them.

Great insight. I look over at Rockfish to see if he's following the conversation. He seems to be staring at the dark, murky water.
JxbmPli.png
: Rockfish?
0FMm1qS.png
: Oh no, you mean I have to get in the water? I hate the water. Nothing good lives in the water.
JxbmPli.png
: (What kind of pirate are you? Or maybe this PTSD after Cortez drowned and Redbeard's ship was eaten by a Kraken).

Since I'm in charge I decide to stand on the raft and order Anne to use the drain valve.
sao0tRU.jpg

xUvreoa.jpg

y9T6k0z.jpg

Cause and effect. The raft sinks with the water and I end up on lower level staring at a door.
ncmCJ8X.jpg

I open the seal door and walk under where Anne and Rockfish are. I see that down here there is also two valves identical to the ones on the floor above. I find a grated pipe and yell into it.
etjoI66.jpg

I'll spare you the puzzle conversation that follows. (Only annoying part is having to remember to close the door you came through before telling Rockfish to use the fill valve because that = death). So after ordering around my companions for a while, we all end up in the lower chamber. Rockfish seems to want to use this moment.
67zNIWF.jpg

PlJ007J.png
: By God this is an evil place. That night... the place was full of smoke, everybody was yelling, you couldn't tell who was a friend and who was an enemy... I have a bad feeling right now. I can't help but remember the luck we had last time.
JxbmPli.png
: It'll be fine.
65EVtAx.png
: ... There's one more thing I'd like to tell you.
JxbmPli.png
: You're not my father are you?
32VI0Ci.png
: ... I want you to know that I think RedJack chose well when he picked you. If something happens to me before we get to RedJack's Island, and you do get that treasure, I would like for you to have my share.
JxbmPli.png
: Yeah? I'm sure Blackbeard will be totally pleased with this decision.
0FMm1qS.png
: It's not that you'll need it, there's more than anyone could use, but it's the only way I can think of to thank you for trying to help us.
JxbmPli.png
: (Don't worry buddy, if something does happen to you, I'll take my thanks in the form of a flying ship).
65EVtAx.png
: So what now?

I look around. This room has another raft, tied down against a strong current that flows into a gate. I can see that it will take one person on each side to open the gate, so I make my way onto the raft and after telling Anne and Rockfish to jump as the raft goes past them, after they have pulled the chains. Then I cut the rope securing the raft.
ovJjoIW.jpg

IE3wQmB.jpg

6NCwCx3.jpg

Y0H7x1y.jpg

Haha that went better than expected, should be no prob.....
dxQdwpX.jpg

vH3fmLL.jpg

Fuck my life. Underwater I see.
tqpeXNz.jpg

JmrlLJo.jpg

p7uHWBO.jpg

It's like he knew he was going to die :salute:. I pull myself and Anne out.
zIgwveq.jpg

We're still in the sewers, completely lost. As I try to decide on a course of action.
gZbESj9.jpg

zXywXVH.jpg

Anne regains her breath and begins talking again.
bLaG4Ia.jpg

3Eu0xEA.png
: Nick! Rockfish, he's... gone. He was such a nice man and now he's gone. That's the same way that other pirate died, you know, the one in the story Blackbeard told us.
JxbmPli.png
: Cortez.
mR1KYzu.png
: We have no choice but to go on!
JxbmPli.png
: Well I wasn't planning to climb up the waterfall so...
N1kT0q9.png
: We'll have to get revenge on whoever is doing this!
JxbmPli.png
: It's true, the Spanish need better safety regulations.

We go up several flights of rickety wooden stairs. So many in fact, that by the time we reach the top, both of us have dry clothes. There's a door, luckily it's unlocked and....
ty2DZzP.jpg

You have got to be kidding me.
54QXj9u.jpg

BUgjnwH.jpg

1i00MpD.png
: Nick! You look so different. You look... dangerous.
JxbmPli.png
: I am dangerous.
aaunXEL.png
: Well... so am I, but not while I'm stuck in this cage. That viceroy is a rock...
JxbmPli.png
: Wait... who?
ODvb86Y.png
: I tried every charm I have on him, and got no response. Anyway, do you think it would be to much trouble for you to let us down.
N1kT0q9.png
: Who are these people Nick!?
E4JAOCj.png
: Nick! What is that with you?
JxbmPli.png
: That's Anne...
BsLyGUm.png
: ... I see. Well...
7ZCeuSR.png
: Nick! I thought I would die in this whole without seeing you again. How did you find us?
JxbmPli.png
: (Holy shit this is just like that gypsy woman tranny said! (Archer reference)).
pVilJkk.png
: No, before you tell me that, get us out of here.
JxbmPli.png
: What happened?
pVilJkk.png
: They burned Lizard Point to the ground. We were on a ship for weeks, and then brought down through the city and put in this cage. Hurry and get us out of here before someone catches us!
JxbmPli.png
: Just wait a moment! Who brought you here?
yJL68ns.png
: The Viceroy. Nick, this is all your fault, you're the reason he took us. He said he knew you would come here. He told us we were bait for the trap.
JxbmPli.png
: Errr... right, that's why I came here. (Seriously who am I?)
7ZCeuSR.png
: He expected you sooner... I thought you wouldn't come at all.
JxbmPli.png
: Real friendly. So, any idea where the key is?
7ZCeuSR.png
: I think the torturer has it on him, his... workshop... is on the lower level in this room.
KjDLI0O.png
: Please hurry!
N1kT0q9.png
: Nick?
JxbmPli.png
: That's my brother Anne.
eIjKJfW.png
: Then I suppose you should save them. I'm going to look around up here, you can handle this, torturer.
JxbmPli.png
: (Thanks. I wonder if her and my brother...)

I go down to the bottom level and see a tiny passage way leading to a door.
Pnpa8Am.jpg

Well, time to meet this torturer. I open the door...
lVguF7R.jpg

L3JPZhX.jpg

What the fuck were you doing man?! Well whatever is going on I'm going to need my sword.
zJKBSN5.jpg

He pulls back his... whip and disarms me of my... sword.
gPENpay.jpg

jeIVtxD.jpg

Then whips me to death, about 5 times.
M9A9Zdy.jpg

Before I realize that I can utilize Kyle's training for dodging bottles and apply it to dodging whip attacks. Every time I dodge an attack I can push him back a step until I get close enough to...
NldKYQs.jpg

Retrieve and raise my... weapon. At which point he drops his... whip and takes out a giant spiked... mace.
WAkarcI.jpg

Which he uses with ridiculous skill. I cannot break through his guard and he continually pummels me with incredible speed.
Uo4Mglg.jpg

So fast his face blurs.
XCndGmL.jpg

kPOii6t.jpg

D7Dcpz0.jpg

yukgaZk.jpg

And kills me again another 3 times. Before I realize that after getting my sword he is still invincible because of his perfect blocking. So how did I win? Well in the environment there is a little out of the way cauldron that I only saw when I backed away until my back was against the door. I hit the the cauldron with my sword and it tipped over spilling... lava/embers/molten something or rather on to the floor.
nT0Wo6Y.jpg

Which makes the torturer start hopping from one foot to the other.
EiAkFdg.jpg

Which let me slash him several times, each slash forcing him to jump back until he jumps into....
TVqXxlU.jpg

An iron maiden. Which I slam shut in his face.
vSVhSu7.jpg

hvZpRWJ.jpg

How's that for episode 1 of season 2? Next episode is going to be Friday.

Tigranes

Arcane
Not bad, now just need to get rid of the whiny fuck for a menage-a-trois in the torture room

Dreaad

Arcane
Last time there was sewers, a dungeon, a not so happy reunion and an awkwardly dressed sexual fiend torturer.
Cough cough. Episode 12.

------------------------------------------------------------------
I pause for a moment to catch my breath after fighting off that monstrosity. The blood pooling under the iron maiden is kind of distracting but I pull my gaze away. Looking around the room I'm currently in, it seems like a sort of mix between a torture chamber and a workshop. I quietly hope to myself that he doesn't have an apprentice. Last thing I need is another rubber masked man.
o9IRUfH.jpg

Uxg2Op0.jpg

There's a fantastic assortment of painful looking devices.
vwE1bRW.jpg

7VSLdO3.jpg

Looking around more carefully I spot a small key and......Is that Rockfish's head lamp? Nice water dipping torture machine too.
W49m6jS.jpg

I thought he drowned.... guess I'll take it along, might come in handy. Not much else of use in here so I hastily make my way back out, into the room with the cage hanging above the water.
jNGkkH5.jpg

There's lever down here but it seems to be jammed. Anne remarks that she heard some noises. I explain that it's nothing to worry about. Going back to upper level I spot a door opposite the original way me Anne got in here. The key I found down bellow seems to unlock it. Inside is a very different atmosphere than the cold dark sewers just behind me.
ifGRo8a.jpg

3ehmUpA.jpg

It looks very comfortable, aside from the massive portrait hanging on the wall. On the other side of the room there are for suits of armor that catch my attention.
GaVHjWe.jpg

Getting closer I can see that each one has some sort of panel in the center of each shield.
cZhgqHF.jpg

The panels swing open easily and inside each one is removable symbol. There's a Templar one, a devil looking one, some Jewish Zoroastrianism one and probably the Illuminati or something.
q0j8gwG.jpg

E9Xdpnd.jpg

Sq32lyu.jpg

qMDo6GV.jpg

What follows is a very dull experience, walking around in the other room with the cage looking for four special bricks in a room made of bricks.... Each one opens up a special panel into which you can insert a symbol.
ehLWqXi.jpg

After figuring out this ingenious puzzle, finding all four secret switches and activating each one, there is a loud grumbling noise and a click. I walk over to the main lever on the ground floor again and pull on it. (Note: you can actually force the lever with your sword before you do the switch puzzle.... but then the cage falls on you and you die :salute:)
MHwL1Tb.jpg

1cjhRlc.jpg

3Xl8fmi.jpg

wAvPLsg.jpg

Quite the contraption. I go back upstairs, my brother seems thrilled by his new found freedom.
bsXUe34.jpg

Elizabeth, of course, wastes no time.
cuGrkDl.jpg

ODvb86Y.png
: Nick, I've never been so glad to see anyone in my life. *grimaces a little* Although, I don't much like being bait for a trap! How exactly did you make this Viceroy person so angry?
JxbmPli.png
: Errr.
KjDLI0O.png
: And how did he know that you felt so strongly about me that you would come here?
JxbmPli.png
: Listen Elizabeth, can you tell me anything else about this Viceroy?
aaunXEL.png
: The Viceroy disappeared into this door behind me, it's his study, I think.
JxbmPli.png
: .... That's very helpful.
BsLyGUm.png
: I say you find him and teach him what happens to people who kidnap your family!
JxbmPli.png
: (Family?! I never asked for this.) Never mind about that, you need to get out of here.
BsLyGUm.png
: For goodness sake Nick, I was about to be tortured! .... And not even in a good way.
pVilJkk.png
: Enough of that you two. Let's get going.
JxbmPli.png
: I need to stay, take her and get out of here.
yJL68ns.png
: Nick! Now you are just looking for unnecessary trouble. Though you did save us, I guess you turned out to be good for something after all.... I'm going to stick with you, no matter what happens!

Touching moment.

JxbmPli.png
: ...... Please go.
7ZCeuSR.png
: *Shock*

I wait for the two of them to head out the way me and Anne came in. Not exactly sure how they are going to get out of here but that's not my problem. Grabbing Anne I go back inside the Viceroy's study. She seems to be more observant than me because she immediately heads over to the book shelf, pushes something back and the entire thing begins to slide to the side.
UxM78xW.jpg

Inside is!!
G2hRS5D.jpg

ZyBKptN.jpg

WajpzOn.jpg

3ztgyfA.jpg

A grizzly trophy collection of preserved arms. The tattooed arms of the brethren at that. Anne looks like she might faint. There are three missing, Rockfish, Blackbeard and RedJack. I can't help but feel that were very close t.......!There's a sound of footsteps right beside me! I let my guard drop for a moment. Turning I see a tall man approach us from out of the shadows.
3b2o6g6.jpg

TTVPIEc.jpg

He has a smile on his face and once he sees that both me and Anne are watching him he casually reveals what he is holding behind his back. His grin getting wider as he does so.
vjaK64Z.jpg

NThE9gt.png
: *Horrified* Who are you?
7E6801J.jpg

7BqxagE.png
: Forgive my manners, I must introduce myself. I am Marques.
3Eu0xEA.png
: B-b-but you were....
OTy5RoQ.png
: RedJack's original right hand man *grins*? Yes, my dear, I was.
JxbmPli.png
: You are the one that hired those Janissaries right?
YpKCJAC.png
: Yes. When I hired them, I was assured that they were the finest killers money could buy. They seem to have started failing recently. No matter though, I'll kill the remaining Brethren myself. *He glances down at the hand he is still holding and sighs* Your friend is beginning to rot, I think, he doesn't smell very good.
JxbmPli.png
: How did you even get his body out of....?
OTy5RoQ.png
: Never mind that. Perhaps we should retire to my study, where the air is better, yes?

As he says this two purple robed ninjas appear behind him.
tL5L8B8.jpg

Before I can move they grab both my arms and fling me back into the room with the four suits of armor. Throwing me down onto the armchair. My eyes blurry I see that Anne was struck from behind by a third Janissary and is being dragged away. Moving seems difficult, and looking around I can tell that I don't have much of chance to escape, guess I'll have to rely on my diplomacy skills.
CD0v6TQ.jpg

vg0o9JH.jpg

C2c6XXB.png
: Now let's talk shall we.
JxbmPli.png
: *Still dazed* Everyone thinks you drowned in the whirlpool during the original raid.
C2c6XXB.png
: Merely a bit of subterfuge. Had I stayed, it would have become painfully obvious that I was the one who turned the Brethren over to the Spanish. The whirlpool was perfectly safe for me hahahaha, I know every inch of these sewers.
JxbmPli.png
: You're no match for Blackbeard.
kBcRLCP.png
: Hah! I taught that dumb bastard everything he knows, I invented the very persona he uses. He's really just a little man in a big coat.

So hard to choose on what to ask him cause each part of the conversation gets locked away once you make a choice. There was stuff like 1.) Do you believe in ghosts, How do you plan to get the treasure, Why are you cutting off Brethren arms and more. Anyway I went with....

JxbmPli.png
: Why are you doing this to begin with?
C2c6XXB.png
: I hated RedJack.
JxbmPli.png
: .... He always called you his closest friend.
C2c6XXB.png
: Indeed he was, in the beginning, when we were equals. Then, things began to change. I was the power, every plan was mine, but he got all the glory. *He looks off to the side* Haha what do you think of your 'Brotherhood' now, you greedy bastard, spent the last ten years dead or fleeing in fear for their miserable lives.... the worm has turned now HASN'T it?
JxbmPli.png
: (This man is clearly crazy. A lesson for me too, being a pirate you can't have friends. Must remember that.)
BTXvruJ.png
: *Still talking to the air* I have everything, and the mighty RedJack has nothing but dirt in his grave. HAHAhaha! You are a pile of mouldering bones, along with all but one of your precious Brethren!

Suddenly he seems to snap out of his dream world and focus on me again.

kBcRLCP.png
: Unfortunately I have to keep you alive.
JxbmPli.png
: Oh?
kBcRLCP.png
: You must take me to the island. There, I will kill Blackbeard and claim MY treasure.
JxbmPli.png
: What if I say no?
C2c6XXB.png
: Haha. Then I shall start dismembering your three companions. In front of you.
JxbmPli.png
: (Three huh, damn it.) Torture them to death. I don't care.
BTXvruJ.png
: Good bluff but I know when someone is lying. You will take me to the island in the end. There will be no clever jailbreak here. We will leave at dawn.

Back to RedJack's Island we go.
4C1FKjZ.jpg

lightbane

Arcane
How did I miss this update? :decline: of me. Still, good work anyway, eagerly waiting for the climax.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom