Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Hearthstone

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
ºل͜º༼ ºل͜º༼ ºل͜º༼ ºل͜º ༽ºل͜º༼ ºل͜º༼ ºل͜º༼ ºل͜º༼ ºل͜º ༽ºل͜º ༽ºل͜º ༽ EVERYONE! GET IN HERE! ༼ ºل͜º༼ ºل͜º༼ ºل͜º༼ ºل͜º ༽ºل͜º ༽ºل͜º ༽. ༽ºل͜º ༽

Kattze

Andhaira
Andhaira
Haven't been playing ranked much lately but apparently the deck making real waves is Grim Patron Warrior. Everyone could see that was going to become a deck type when the cards were announced but I don't think anyone anticipated it being this popular. From reading articles...people are even starting to call for Blizzard to nerf Grim Patron (not Emperor Thaurrisan). Probably a tad premature and just the cries of the butt-hurt but anyone who says they saw this coming is a dirty liar.

It's temporary. It's one popular deck that everyone is copying. But Warrior needs 8 mana to make it work and the right card combo in conjunction with GP; aka he needs that minion that grants immediate charge, grim patron and another card or two to activate grim patron. It's nothing special. I lost one game to it, now i win everytime. In fact yesterday and today I saw 0 grim patron's in warrior matchups.

Gang Up was what everyone was worried about initially, and that too lost steam very quickly.

Personally I believe Flamewalker is very powerful if used properly in mage decks; I'm still not over the fight I lost.

UglyBastard

Arcane
"Flamewakers HATE being confused for Flamewalkers. They just wake up fire, they don't walk on it. Walking on fire is CRAZY."

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Blackrock Mountain is looking pretty good to me for now. Some arena spice, some cards that are useful but not amazing, and a few great cards but none so OP that they need nerfing. Nicely balanced release on the face of it, though that may change still, as it often does. Wonder if they'll start nerfing some GvG cards now (Piloted Shredder, Dr Boom are the main candidates).

sser

Arcane
Developer
Haven't been playing ranked much lately but apparently the deck making real waves is Grim Patron Warrior. Everyone could see that was going to become a deck type when the cards were announced but I don't think anyone anticipated it being this popular. From reading articles...people are even starting to call for Blizzard to nerf Grim Patron (not Emperor Thaurrisan). Probably a tad premature and just the cries of the butt-hurt but anyone who says they saw this coming is a dirty liar.

It's temporary. It's one popular deck that everyone is copying. But Warrior needs 8 mana to make it work and the right card combo in conjunction with GP; aka he needs that minion that grants immediate charge, grim patron and another card or two to activate grim patron. It's nothing special. I lost one game to it, now i win everytime. In fact yesterday and today I saw 0 grim patron's in warrior matchups.

Gang Up was what everyone was worried about initially, and that too lost steam very quickly.

Personally I believe Flamewalker is very powerful if used properly in mage decks; I'm still not over the fight I lost.

I think Gang Up doesn't have nearly as much steam because it takes a long time to play those games.

Kattze

Andhaira
Andhaira
Blackrock Mountain is looking pretty good to me for now. Some arena spice, some cards that are useful but not amazing, and a few great cards but none so OP that they need nerfing. Nicely balanced release on the face of it, though that may change still, as it often does. Wonder if they'll start nerfing some GvG cards now (Piloted Shredder, Dr Boom are the main candidates).

I dunno about shredder, I think it's fine. Belcher is IMO far more annoying. I loathe that card. :x

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
Shredder is stronger than Belcher honestly. Like, Belcher is great, but Shredder is typically more value (unless you get very unlucky)

Either way, as I've mentioned numerous times, I just don't see anything from GVG getting nerfed anytime soon. As I predicted, Dr. Boom has become even less of a "problem" with the release of BRM - top decks like Patron Warrior don't use him. Newly empowered decks like Emp T Freeze Mage don't use him. The fast tempo flamewaker mage doesn't bother with him. He's still great in a midrange / value deck, but he was never overpowered and still isn't.

If anything, Grim Patron Warrior is looking a bit too good. I initially examined the card with the old warsong commander rules - with WSC fixed, suddenly Patron is pretty ridic.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Either way, as I've mentioned numerous times, I just don't see anything from GVG getting nerfed anytime soon. As I predicted, Dr. Boom has become even less of a "problem" with the release of BRM - top decks like Patron Warrior don't use him. Newly empowered decks like Emp T Freeze Mage don't use him. The fast tempo flamewaker mage doesn't bother with him. He's still great in a midrange / value deck, but he was never overpowered and still isn't.

Also people who don't have him don't use him which means it's not overpowered. :gumpyhead:

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Nothing. He's only good in a Warlock demon deck and even then it's kind of meh.

Grubba

Arcane
Illidan is only a welcome sight when you get him off of a Bane of Doom

Since you play mage, maybe try putting him into a spare parts deck along with Flamewaker

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Bros, please consider adding MicoSelva#1237 to your friends list on Battle.net to help each other with the 'watch friend win' quest annoyance.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Bros, please consider adding MicoSelva#1237 to your friends list on Battle.net to help each other with the 'watch friend win' quest annoyance.
Are you in Europe? Sent an invite but apparently it didn't go through.

Revenant

After logging in today, I was greeted with a message saying that 2 classic packs were added to my account from outside the game. They indeed contained classic cards. How come, did someone gift them to me or something?

Carceri

Arcane

sser

Arcane
Developer
Ha.

mTvFgnJ.jpg

SEsq156.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom