Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NSFW Best Thread Ever [No SJW-related posts allowed]

OccupatedVoid

Arbiter
Holy shit. Deleted in 1 min FLAT. Do those moderators do any thing but stay on the forums all day long.

Fez

Erudite
The Bethstapo are ever vigilant for their holy Führer.

OccupatedVoid

Arbiter
You can get around it by using lame titles such as 'What's your favorite music?' in general discussion.

The Bethstapo censors so much I wouldn't be surprised if they get an offer to work on The Great Firewall of China.

IN KOMMUNIST BETHESDUH, THREADS ERASE YOU!

KingBimbo

Novice
The Bethesda forums have the most heavy-handed moderation I have ever seen on the Internet.

Want to have a discussion about something serious? Sorry, this topic will lead to a flamewar.

Having a good long discussion/debate reaching its climax? Sorry, this topic is 10 pages long.

Don't agree with Bethesda tactics? Sorry, you're trolling. I'm giving you a warning.

Have facts and proof that show Bethesda's lies and faults? Sorry, instant deletion and BANHAMMER.

Want to know why your topic was deleted or locked. Sorry, we don't discuss locked/deleted topics here.

Want to know why your old account was banned? Sorry, making another account after you're banned is not allowed.

Good, reasonable poster suddenly disappeared without notice? You heard he was banned? Sorry, we don't discuss others' accounts here.

Want to make a topic in the Fallout 3/Oblivious/Morrowind/TES forums? Sorry, we have to approve it whether you like it or not.

Trying to get around that by posting in General Discussion because you know your topic won't be approved? Sorry, please put this thread in the X forums which you wanted post in. I'm going to have to lock it *OR* instant deletion.

Member of RPG Codex? Told people who you were on the Beth forums there? Sorry, we found out who you were by reading I REALLY LOVE OBLIVION. We don't want to give you a chance. BANHAMMER!

Made a mod that makes fun of Oblivion and/or Bethesda? Sorry, we don't care how much you contributed to the community and the discussions here. BANHAMMER!(Cow Guru)

Do you have an avatar which is perfectly fine according to the rules, but one of our moderators feel offended. Sorry, we don't care about the rules. Our moral judgement means more than the rules we're supposed to follow absolute, NO exceptions NOR additions. BANHAMMER!(Qarl)

There's a lot more shit going on there, but this sums the most serious issues up there. I'm sure the Bethstapo Secret Police will show up in this thread telling me that's not how they do it.

User was nabbed fit

Hahaha, I just noticed this, but the Codex now has Oblivion avatars? :lol:

KingBimbo said:
Made a mod that makes fun of Oblivion and/or Bethesda? Sorry, we don't care how much you contributed to the community and the discussions here. BANHAMMER!(Cow Guru)

Er, I was banned a while before I made Snakes on a Plane.
They never really told me why.

Amasius

Augur
RPG Codex: Please explain

I'm going to sum up RPGCodex as nicely as possible and without overtly breaking Bioware's rules.

The board is effectively run by a bunch of boys who think that 'manliness' is a coded stat on their personal character sheets and they ofter write high numbers on the stat. To them, their entire EGOs are centered around how well they can grab a handful of candy-colored polyhedrons and slam them on a table.

Occasionally, when they need to refill their Shasta and Cheetos supplies, they actually do go out and see the sunlight, but this doesn't last long as the sight of a real woman scares them right BACK into their parent's basements whereupon they immediate have to prove their manliness again by going onto RPGCodex and saying how much everyone else but them sucks lest they be perceived for the worst type of stereotypical gamer loser that they really are.

Ah, yes, Codex is worse than most other RPG forums and has a reputation far and wide as a pit of filth from which the stink reminds one of your great uncles cheap Korean cigars. As a whole Codex is laughed at, regularly, by just about every major player in the industry.

It's the kind of laugh that you have when you watch Dumb and Dumber and just know Jim Carey's going to do something stupid.

There's a guilty pleasure in recognizing how a group that's so enamored with how much they hate everything (which really IS what defines them) is actually a very pathetic little clique.

It's a little life reminder of 'man, if I really do get like that, that often, then please either send me to Holywood to make bad Documentaries about fast food or something, or just shoot me and spare me the pain'.

GamaSutra also has a ton of stuff making fun of Codex as well. It really is considered a bit of a running joke.

Its great to be loved. :lol:

SlavemasterT said:
Edward_R_Murrow said:
I just read this whole thread...
Did you like the bestiality discussion with Vipera? I reread that a few weeks ago for shits and grins; was just as good the second time around.

That was as entertaining as dolphin sex discussion could be. The comic blitz was neat too. And the "generic Bethesda forum argument" was classic.

Hazelnut

Erudite
KingBimbo said:
Member of RPG Codex? Told people who you were on the Beth forums there? Sorry, we found out who you were by reading I REALLY LOVE OBLIVION. We don't want to give you a chance. BANHAMMER!

<snip>

There's a lot more shit going on there, but this sums the most serious issues up there. I'm sure the Bethstapo Secret Police will show up in this thread telling me that's not how they do it.

I doubt it, but hey I'm more than happy to step in and let you that the point quoted above is not actually how they do it.

Proof? I have the same name over there as I do here at the Codex and I know that at least one moderator is aware of the fact. So I guess your inference was a little over enthusiastic on that one. Can't prove or disprove any of the others, sorry.

Lets call others on their bullshit with varying levels of aggression by all means. But making up our own Codex bullshit - just say no, no, no, fuck that shit.

Hazelnut said:
I doubt it, but hey I'm more than happy to step in and let you that the point quoted above is not actually how they do it.

Proof? I have the same name over there as I do here at the Codex and I know that at least one moderator is aware of the fact. So I guess your inference was a little over enthusiastic on that one. Can't prove or disprove any of the others, sorry.

Lets call others on their bullshit with varying levels of aggression by all means. But making up our own Codex bullshit - just say no, no, no, fuck that shit.

I can't agree wholly with that. Some of the moderators do seem to have a thing out for those with a Codex background or those who don't speak well of Bethesda. I wouldn't be surprised if at least one or two of them go a little out of their way. Just like any "law enforcement" there could be those with bias and prejudice. To say they all have a bias, might be some tinfoil hat type of thing....but saying nobody has a bias....well....that's just naive.

Hazelnut

Erudite
Edward_R_Murrow said:
I can't agree wholly with that. Some of the moderators do seem to have a thing out for those with a Codex background or those who don't speak well of Bethesda. I wouldn't be surprised if at least one or two of them go a little out of their way. Just like any "law enforcement" there could be those with bias and prejudice. To say they all have a bias, might be some tinfoil hat type of thing....but saying nobody has a bias....well....that's just naive.

I didn't say they were not biased. Talk about the 'wrong' thing in the 'wrong' way and you probably will be banned. All I was pointing out was that the assertion that the ESF mods finding out that a member is also a member of the Codex is followed by application of the "ban hammer", as an inevitable cause and effect, is rubbish.

Amasius

Augur
I've posted the full text of VDs Some thoughts on the Fallout 3 article as well as Section8s Calling Fallout 3 into question(s) at the Beth forums and wasn't banned or warned. As long as you don't break any of the stupid rules nothing should happen.

Black

Arcane
Okay peoplez!
First, I want to be part of the 'Best thread ever' thread.
Second, what the hell are you doing? TES forum madness hasn't ended yet, oh no.
http://www.bethsoft.com/bgsforums/index ... pic=726467
Fallout 1 and 2 "Fallout 1 and 2 are vastly overrated and at some times just downright boring.

It was one big post apocalyptic joke at some times which took away from the games fun."

And I can't forget about "Go away fanboys, Howard is a genious."

Lumpy

Arcane
Amasius said:
You fail. This thread is about genuine stupidity not about boring trolls.
Ironically, this thread actually started with the posting of a troll.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom