Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Your first AoD character

My first character will choose the career of

• Assassin

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mercenary

• Knight

• Loremaster

• Thief

• Merchant

• Grifter

• Kingcomrade

• Total voters

sheek

Arbiter
Mercenary, grifter or merchant - I haven't decided yet.

I voted Mercenary because they're probably the simplest to use on a first play through. I can go smack people around or try to solve problems in other ways. I don't have to worry about factions and probably have the most choice of jobs.

A merchant would be interesting as a non-combat character, though I don't know if it would be fun to play. The grifters I don't know enough about.

Black

Arcane
I was going to vote for assassin but then I saw last option :oops:

Ismaul

Thought Criminal #3333
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
A Grifter, most likely. I'm much more interested in the roleplaying opportunities than in the combat, even though the system looks quite fun. The dialogue options are the reasons I'm going to be playing AoD, and I really want to see their depth by manipulating my way in. I also really look forward to the [disguise] options.

GhanBuriGhan

Erudite
Where is the mage option, dammit :)
I think I will go for merchant. Can't recall seeing this as an option in any other game, and am curious to see how it works out.

Don't know yet. I am strugglling to survive as it is so I might not get it for a while so, we'll see what happens...

Micmu

Magister
Evil/selfish mercenary or assassin. Killing is my business and business is good. Plus I like the mean things you can say to an NPC before you carve him a smile from ear to ear.

Hümmelgümpf

Arbiter
Spoiler!

KC will be available if you beat the game 7 times and find all special encounters and easter eggs. If you buy the box version of AoD, however, you can choose it right from the beginning.

I will play as an assassin, as long as I can have long silver hair and dual katanas.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom