Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

I want to find out...

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
...what places around my local area are hosting Pen and Paper Dungeons & Dragons games.

Anyone know a good site where people post times they are holding games? I have never had the chance to play a good session of PnP D&D.

Müg

Scholar
RPG.net? It might be a good idea to look around for a small mom and pop board game store, they are usually the meeting place of the PnPers.

Psilon

Erudite
If you can put up with starting at level 1, you could try checking for local RPGA games. Most local game stores will run a bi-weekly game if they've got gaming tables. RPGA's pretty anal about permitted items and classes, but on the bright side that means you don't have to put up as frequently with That One Guy who memorized every obscure interaction between monster feats and the latest prestige class. (He's still there, mind you, but all the rules mute him somewhat.) If you find people you like, they can probably invite you to their home games or point you to another campaign in progress.

NiM82

Prophet
If you've got a university in your area, check the noticeboards around there. You usually find adverts for various gaming societies.

Most in my limited experience take in anyone they can get, not just students types.

MacBone

Scholar
Your local comic book shop might be another good place to ask questions, and if the local bookshop has D&D rulebooks or CCG days, you can probably find someone to point you in the right direction.

If you're near a university, it probably has a day early in the semester when all the different campus groups meet to advertise for their organizations (ours was called Get on Board Day). I met some tabletop gamers that way.

If you're in college, check out the residence halls, or ask a resident adviser. There was a group in my residence hall that was always playing some kind of game like Vampire or Samurai Swords.

Edit: I'll never forget the day in high school when one guy got on the intercom and said the Dungeons and Dragons club was meeting in the library right before first period. Another guy (who later became my group's DM) ran out of our homeroom to head to the library, but alas, it was all a cruel joke.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom