Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News The quest for more money: Oblivion GotY edition

bossjimbob

Liturgist
Joe Krow said:
bossjimbob said:
fastpunk said:
:? I still don't understand what people see in this game...

It's a great RPG for the non-hardcore crowd with pretty graphics. What's so hard to understand about that? Most people who play video games never bothered with PnP, so all the negative comments on this board fall on deaf ears. Most fans of Oblivion are happy with the game, whether or not it lived up to the expectations of a smaller base of number crunchers.

Because making games is not a business it is a religion. All the "good companies," now defunct, got that way so that we could experience "true" crpgs. "Bottom line be damned!!" The true calling is to make two niche games with obscene budgets and then file for bankruptcy. BOOM!! It's like a retarded jihad.

... I always love it when you folks try to impune the profit motive. It makes you sound like children.

You make me laugh.

M0RBUS

Augur
Fallout_Fan_VII said:
I picked up TESIII: Morrowind GotY version, used at my local Goodwill for $10 (the thread about Morrowing being redeemed with Mods got me thinking about it, so when I saw it, I picked it up).

After installing and patching, I started... I "played" for 10 or so minutes, and said, "Screw this" and went to find my copy of Arcanum.

I don't believe I will be trying TESIV: Oblivion GotY or no GotY.

Is there something wrong with me...
arcanum sucks oblivulon is teh best u don lk it u suck 2!

oblivons esilly the best rpg in the wordl n u do bad not 2 play it

MacBone

Scholar
So does this mean no more expansions for O? I thought Beth'd crank out at least one more.

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
They are working on it right now. Haven't you seen the Game Informer article?

denizsi

Arcane
In related news, there are rumours that Pete Hines has been absent at ESF due to joining a certain kind of rehabilitation program, and he has recently been seen leaving a rehabilitation center.

If you've been watching podcast interviews made with him, you'll remember the general lack of focus in choice of words and in forming sentences, coupled with bizarre facial postures and spasms. Ever since the rumours of rehabilitation has spread, Bethesda groupies have been camping at several rehabilitation centers in hopes of supporting Pete Hines. They've finally located him and taken photographs apparently.

Before Rehabilitation:
Are those spasms or what?
Hang over
During a rage crisis
So high, he seems to have let it go here
Todd supporting Pete during rehabilitation. Notice the spasms, due to trying to quit the sutff

After:
Back on track
No more facial spasms. Sober too.

Hümmelgümpf

Arbiter
i885495_GoatEdition.JPG

Oblivion for every family!

AnalogKid

Scholar
Relayer71 said:
Fallout_Fan_VII said:
Relayer71 said:
Linda Carter a legend...only in her husband's mind.
And every straight man who grew up in the 70's & 80's. :P
I saw Wonder Woman on it's original run and there was nothing terribly sexy about Lynda Carter. She was attractive, but nothing extraodinary.
It was ALL about her eyes. :x :x :x :shock: :)

stargelman

Scholar
AnalogKid said:
Relayer71 said:
Fallout_Fan_VII said:
Relayer71 said:
Linda Carter a legend...only in her husband's mind.
And every straight man who grew up in the 70's & 80's. :P
I saw Wonder Woman on it's original run and there was nothing terribly sexy about Lynda Carter. She was attractive, but nothing extraodinary.
It was ALL about her eyes. :x :x :x :shock: :)
Yeah look at those eyes:
http://touchesexy.blogs.com/photos/unca ... carter.jpg
http://www.freenudecelebs.dk/nude-celeb ... nude-1.jpg

Code:
NSFW, douchles. Wise up.
~Role-Player.

sheek

Arbiter
Joe Krow said:
bossjimbob said:
fastpunk said:
:? I still don't understand what people see in this game...

It's a great RPG for the non-hardcore crowd with pretty graphics. What's so hard to understand about that? Most people who play video games never bothered with PnP, so all the negative comments on this board fall on deaf ears. Most fans of Oblivion are happy with the game, whether or not it lived up to the expectations of a smaller base of number crunchers.

Because making games is not a business it is a religion. All the "good companies," now defunct, got that way so that we could experience "true" crpgs. "Bottom line be damned!!" The true calling is to make two niche games with obscene budgets and then file for bankruptcy. BOOM!! It's like a retarded jihad.

... I always love it when you folks try to impune the profit motive. It makes you sound like children.
Yeah, I feel that way too. It's like they think Troika or SSI would never have done this if their games had actually sold. Game publishers are there to produce games, if there are millions of people willing to pay of course they're going to supply them. What exactly do Codexers want them to do? What's funny is that Codexers think they're smart because they look down their noses at Elderscrolls fans... So what if they like shitty games, that doesn't make them dumb. Dumb is thirty supposed adults all rushing to add their two cents to the tenth 'newspost' this month about a game they supposedly really hate.

Crichton

Prophet
Dumb is thirty supposed adults all rushing to add their two cents to the tenth 'newspost' this month about a game they supposedly really hate.

I concur, BethesdaCodex is sad. "General Discussion" threads should be purged from the main page and bethesda crap should be moved to a separate "Bethesda" or "General Mudcrab Discussion" forum and that shouldn't appear on the main page either.

Fat Dragon

Arbiter
So Bethesda is making a GotY edition. Big fucking deal, that's not surprising. What company wouldn't release a GotY edition for a game that popular? Besides, now all of those xbox people who bought the half-ass original version but couldn't download the extra content will finally stop bitching.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom