Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Preview Torment Kickstarter Update #42: New Gameplay Video - "A World Unlike Any Other"

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: InXile Entertainment; Kevin Saunders; Torment: Tides of Numenera

Once again, inXile surprise us with an unexpected Torment: Tides of Numenera gameplay video update. I guess the relative insubstantiality of yesterday's update should have been a hint. The video is entitled "A World Unlike Any Other" and true to its name, it focuses on showcasing some of the Ninth World's more bizarre locations, including the "moving floor" area described yesterday. There's also a brief look at combat near the end. Check it out:

Kevin here. It’s our pleasure to share with you some of what we’ve been up to. You may recall from our Kickstarter that we defined four pillars as central to a Torment game – the video below focuses on the second one: A World Unlike Any Other. This video doesn’t show final content, but should give you a sense of the diversity and wonder of Torment’s corner of the Ninth World.

We hope you enjoy these glimpses of more of TTON’s environments.

Outstanding. I bet this'll drive up those Bard's Tale IV pledges, same as that first Wasteland 2 gameplay video did for Torment back in 2013. I wonder if they're planning to produce three more videos for the other three pillars.

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Looks good, Brian Fargo definitely knows how to up the hype in the right moment.

However, the entry price of $25 for Bard's Tale might prove too much for many people - we will see how it goes.

throwaway

Cipher
Unashamedly
:hype:

Still not a fan of how they're using what does one life matter as a cheesy marketing slogan.

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
This will shit all over PoE, mark my words.

Not that THAT would be any achievement, however.

Fargo is tha MAN!

InXile finally coming into its own, showing some great prospect.

AND we get WL2:GOTY edition.

The RPG renæssance is here boys.

Athelas

Arcane
Hot damn!!!! This looks sooo much better then POE!! 2d background design is out this world hehe.
:notsureifserious:

vlcsnap_2015_05_21_14h14m34s227.png

Pillars_Of_Eternity_2015_04_27_14_35_59_44.png

VioletShadow

Sensate
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Athelas wow bro that's cheap, comparing released game to game in production...

Anyway,

:bounce::cmcc::ziets::dance::yeah::kwafuckyeah::love::desu:

Capture my feelings after watching the video pretty well. Brother None Well done guys! Oh, also, my bad, almost forgot
:hype::takemyjewgold:

Glad they're feeling confident enough to build at least one open, non-corridor'ed space. They still can't populate it with anyone (due to Unity?), but it's still a step in the right direction :salute:.

Ramireza

Savant
Looks interesting, but : This shows again that the environment artists from inXile arent realy good. Like the ones in W2 the maps look bad, messy and misplaced.

Achiman

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech
Looks heaps more colourful that I though it would. Guess WL2 has conditioned me to brown and green. Not sold on the snaking pipes everywhere and the underwater stuff (wall of water eh? Da fuck is that about?)
Anyway, since no one else has I'm calling it. This time next year (add 6 months if it's on a Thursday) it will be released.
Also anyone crying over 25 bucks for Bards Tale... would pirate it anyway.

kazgar

Arcane
Some great bits, some bits need work, pretty good for a WIP

Good to see a better example/view of where that moving floor that was talked about in update #41 fits in, much more exciting than the gif.

Volrath

Arcane
Patron
This will be a bigger dissapointment then PoE. The butthurt will be glorious.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom