Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Serpent in the Staglands Thread

Mortmal

Arcane
Is it possible to min max the starting stats, or are they all locked at 10 points with only two points left to distribute? I can't seem to find a way to lower them..

You cant lower them but if you want to really max out a char its a good idea to get philosophy skill. As someone says philosophy is the ultimate evil here. Serpents in staglands wander as a god enslaving nations with philosophy.

pakoito

Arcane
Patron
So how's the combat, tinkering wise? Are builds and formations a thing?

DefJam101

Arcane
Anyone know if there's a way to rebind the scroll camera hotkeys? I'd much rather scroll the camera with WASD than mouse.

Having fun otherwise.

The Fish

Arcane
Did anyone open the portal to the wolf demigod in the library, go in and live to tell the tale?

Please post the runes you used for that, I'm bugged and can't get the way open without the second one.

You can get a look at the second rune by killing the bloodless hunters in the ista cale camp as they drop it. There's the same etching you're missing in one of the ruins areas (ista cale one I think). You'll have to have high philosophy to access the door. The etchings didn't help me much though and I just put put in random things to open the portal.

The Fish

Arcane
I have a key for the Fuldea Mare consil but I can't find it on the map. Does anyone know where it is?

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
You can get a look at the second rune by killing the bloodless hunters in the ista cale camp as they drop it. There's the same etching you're missing in one of the ruins areas (ista cale one I think). You'll have to have high philosophy to access the door. The etchings didn't help me much though and I just put put in random things to open the portal.

Eh. I found one of the runes in a ruin, required philosophy 4 to get in. But... IT WAS THE SAME RUNE I GOT ALREADY TWICE. FFS game.

agris

Arcane
Patron
So how's the combat, tinkering wise? Are builds and formations a thing?
Builds very much are- the combat skills (war book), aptitudes and spells system is pretty deep. Look at all the Stage 1/2/3 options, and consider that you're balancing that with the Aptitudes system which is essentially non-combat skills (though they are interconnected) and a primary attribute system influencing both. The combat/non-combat skillsets use the same skillpoint system, and you get 2 pts/level.

The Fish

Arcane

Eh. I found one of the runes in a ruin, required philosophy 4 to get in. But... IT WAS THE SAME RUNE I GOT ALREADY TWICE. FFS game.

There are at least two ruins you can enter. Both have a different etching. The one I was talking about needs and incantation and sacrifice to access.

Wulfstand

Prophet
You know you're playing some old-school kush when after the first half hour all you can say is 'This game is haaaaaaaaaaaaard, why isn't it holding my haaaaaaand'. I think I've spent most of my time in said 30 minutes re-rolling. What are the benefits of your choices during the introductory questions?

Last edited:

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
I have a key for the Fuldea Mare consil but I can't find it on the map. Does anyone know where it is?

I think Fuldea Mare is entered through the lumber yard. Doing so turned everyone hostile for me (or they are hostile by default) so I didn't go deep. Where'd you get the key?

Ista Cale is also completely dead end me. There is an obvious puzzle, yet I've not found a way to get started on it.

The Fish

Arcane
I further explore ista cale you have to first go to the lumber yard irrc. Mya in lev directs you to meet octavian at one of the two. To get past her guards you can use a scroll given to you by a spicer in rumen consil

jagged-jimmy

Prophet
Codex 2012
Ista Cale is also completely dead end me. There is an obvious puzzle, yet I've not found a way to get started on it.
I get the feeling i am missing something too. Third town i am visiting (Turg, Corem, Ista) and they are all seem empty content-wise (except bounties...).
Ista Cale is especially funny - with the loooooong ass walk over the bridges at south ending at some building with no obvious interaction possibilities, just looooong ass walk back :negative:.

Are the interactive things highlighted in some way? I tried using aptitudes at random textures - nothing, of course.

ArchAngel

Arcane
It is hard to know with this game what is a bug and what is a feature :D
I think best thing is to report anything that feels like a bug as a bug.

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer

ArchAngel

Arcane
Could some Codex's CUCKs reach out to InXile and Obsidian and ask them to twitter about this game :)
https://www.facebook.com/Torment.inXile/posts/1095401470475376
If that is your doing, you are awesome! :)
Nah it was your doing, I saw your message while reading through this thread.

Haven't had too much time to play this game, it certainly seems very oldschool.
Can you get Obsidian to twitter about it :D
These people need all the help they can get. They got a real gem here, especially with this being their first game.

If they sell enough copies and with experience they gained their next game might be so much better.

Kz3r0

Arcane
If they sell enough copies and with experience they gained their next game might be so much better.
I hate myself for writing this, but judging by other Kiclstarters I think that the best they can do is to sell around five thousand copies.

Whiran

Magister
I hate myself for writing this, but judging by other Kiclstarters I think that the best they can do is to sell around five thousand copies.
That depends on what they do to market the game and how long the bugs last for. Their release day was pretty... wobbly but the market penetration was extremely poor so the impact of the release day wasn't particularly huge as such. It can be overcome if they put some time into marketing once they finish their initial bug crushing.

Not expensive marketing but selective targeted niche market stuff.

I bet they could probably hit 40-50k unit sold relatively 'easily' if they hit up the right channels.

The Fish

Arcane
Jesus christ. I finally completed it. It suggests there will be an expansion.

It thanks the RPGcodex in the credits.

The Fish

Arcane
Jesus christ. I finally completed it. It suggests there will be an expansion.

:hmmm:

How many hours?

I don't know as I bought it off GOG rather than steam, I probably spent 20+ hours. If you know what to do it would really quick to run through. I think the bare minimal critical path would be
fuldea mare lumber yards -> ista cale consil -> end
You'd probably be able to use the bat form to run past most enemies.

Athelas

Arcane
Jesus christ. I finally completed it.
This does not sound like something someone would say when they finished a game just three days after its release.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom