Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

If you could have amnesia...

DiverNB

Liturgist
and forget a single game experience so you could experience it for the first time again, what game would it be for you?

I think Torment would be my choice.

Texas Red

Whiner
Torment of course. I actually amused myself with this thought. Hell, I played it so much. I ruined the experience by looking at the walkthrough. Other way it would take many playthroughs to get all of the things straight.

Lumpy

Arcane
If I had to forget something specifically to play it again, it'd be Torment, of course.
If it didn't have to be for this reason, I'd forget Baldur's Gate. Not before tattooing on my body "Don't ever play Baldur's Gate again", of course.

DiverNB

Liturgist
Lumpy said:
Not after tattooing on my body "Don't ever play Baldur's Gate again", of course.

Of course. I had a feeling a majority of the answers would and will be Torment. Maybe I should have asked for the top 5 games they'd like to experience again for the first time.

Strangely enough, for me, I don't think Fallout 1 or 2 would be on that list. I like knowing the ins and outs of both of the games. Also, I don't think it is really needed, considering you usually have completely fresh experiences with replays of the game.

Not saying that PS:T can't have good replays, it's just that nothing matches that first play through and coming face to face with it all.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Torment, of course, experiencing all that wonderful story for the first time again. Especially the ending. I often thought about how great it would be to completely forget the story of that game, and just remember that it was a good game, then play it again and have it feel like it is the first time.

Then Arcanum would be on the second place. I simply loved the setting and the athmosphere, and I've played it so often that I already know *everything* in that game. Playing it again and discovering all these nice sidequests would be fun, too.

Wait....like one of those shards from the River Styx in Torment?

I'd just shove it in the Bethesda watercooler and hope they forget Fallout 3 or at least forget any game made after 1997.

Seriously though...I'd rather not forget anything. Heck, I might in my current mindset actually have less fond memories of a game. I kind of like my memories the way they are and wouldn't want to risk changing them for the worse.

Mayday

Augur
Hey guys, wanna know something cool?

I haven't played Torment yet.

Saving for a rainy day.

Oh, how you must envy me :P

Texas Red

Whiner
Mayday said:
Hey guys, wanna know something cool?

I haven't played Torment yet.

Saving for a rainy day.

Oh, how you must envy me :P

We dont envy you. We want to burn you for being a heretic.

Jarfrank, really? Everything in Arcanum? Did you manage to get the legendary "dwarves attack Tarant" video? I dunno, I think you need several *full* playthroughs to discover everything. How many times did you finish it?

Im glad that I havent done much in Arcanum myself. I have so much to do in there.

DiverNB

Liturgist
Arcanum is so chalk full of stuff to do, it's insane.

And I don't envy anyone who has not played Torment, I feel bad because they haven't experienced one of the greatest stories ever. If I did have a memory wipe of PS:T, I'd definitely keep about a thousand notes about how awesome it is so I would play it again.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
The Walkin' Dude said:
Jarfrank, really? Everything in Arcanum? Did you manage to get the legendary "dwarves attack Tarant" video? I dunno, I think you need several *full* playthroughs to discover everything. How many times did you finish it?

Im glad that I havent done much in Arcanum myself. I have so much to do in there.

Hmm, okay, not everything, but almost everything. Everything that humans can discover, at least. Played it through about 5 times. Maybe I'm going to give it another try with a dwarf to get the video, though.

Callaxes

Arbiter
Seriously.

I want to forget everything and replay Morrowind. Just Morrowind. I realy miss the time when I liked the game, right now I can't force myself to get past the first part which is a shame considering how much of a fan I was before playing all the other great games.

Zomg

Arbiter
I wish there had been a "pragmatic" ending in PS:T where you'd force or convince Tony Jay to eat one of those Styx shards. How perfect would that have been for a dick or manipulator self-characterization?

Kraken

Scholar
Hard to say, but maybe Xcom: UFO Defense/UFO: Enemy Unknown. I just remember all the experimenting with base placement, what weapons to use, tactics etc I did back then. Replayed the game about a year ago, and though it's still brilliant, it just doesn't come close when you know how to beat it.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
I doubt anyone would replay Arcanum after getting an amnesia. It takes a few replays to actually appreciate the game, usually just experimenting and trying to get some understanding of the quirky combat system.

Jormungandr

Liturgist
Callaxes said:
Seriously.

I want to forget everything and replay Morrowind. Just Morrowind. I realy miss the time when I liked the game, right now I can't force myself to get past the first part which is a shame considering how much of a fan I was before playing all the other great games.
I was going to say the same thing, although I wasn't going to mention anything about shame (can't say MW is a shame after seeing OB). That game is at it's best when it's all new, because the meat of Morrowind is in exploration and discovery. I haven't played it it about 2 years, and although I haven't forgotten everything, I have forgotten enough to get an inkling of the feeling I had when I first played it. It's nice.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom