Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline Felipepepe is unpleasant and points fingers - I wrote yet another rant on Gamasutra

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Name me one other website of this kind that accepts public submissions and has this reach within the industry.

I can understand Leigh Alexander-related criticism to Gamasutra, but she's gone now, and they have some nice content. Besides, not many gaming websites would promote an article that calls out on their advertisers & bash BioWare and IGN.

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
What's going on I thought our local huehue was batshit cock crazy for sjw cunt?

I took a quick look at your article and it looked pretty good, will have to read it in depth later.

sser

Arcane
Developer
Good article. I think what you speak of is something the community doesn't really pay much mind to - keeping the history in tact. Inevitably, a great deal of any vocation's progress and the names of its progenitors gets washed out in the tides of time, but we have much superior (read: digital) means of keeping this stuff on the books. I wouldn't take it too hard that such channels get little attention. What's important is that they're still there. Little tiny museums for people to peruse when they feel the urge. Pewdipie and Minecraft vids serve other functions.

Kane

I have many names
Patron
Vatnik
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
In like 10 pages of text, I talk
tldr1.gif

The Conclusion said:
The real heroes are out there, facing incredible odds, facing real risks, sacrificing part of their lives to safe-guard our history for future, more deserving generations.

They are the ones battling against giant, powerful foes to secure the legal right to protect games.

They are the ones spending their own money to backup our history into somewhere safe.

They are the ones searching for our elders and trying to learn from them.

They are the ones risking jail by preserving our abandoned games.

For decades they have been fighting, alone and unappreciated. We owe them more than we can imagine. We can't let all their effort come to the spotlight only when it aligns with our own interests.

We can't allow gaming history to only matter when we want to play P.T. again.

There's a lot more at stake, and a lot more that each of us could be doing.
giphy.gif

(That's the kind of next level trolling I enjoy :love:)

Last edited:

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
I wonder why no one commented there yet... is it really too long for anyone to read? :/

What's going on I thought our local huehue was batshit cock crazy for sjw cunt?

I took a quick look at your article and it looked pretty good, will have to read it in depth later.
Oh, so you didn't read the part where I thank Feminist Frequency for classifying 99% of our games as "shit that should not exist" and thus making preservation a lot easier? :M

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
Great job man !

Can the article be edited for small corrections ?
First, Konami pulled P.T. – that famous playable teaser – the from the PS4 store.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I like it how there are still zero comments on this article over at Gamasutra.
Lol, it's not related to representation of minorites, has no solutions for inclusivity and is about games. Why would anyone else read it.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I emailed a link to the article to RPS, telling them "Yeah it's long but take a look, you can even use it as PC gaming bragging rights ('the consoles have one demo, we have ten thousand NWN modules')". Although they don't seem to care much about that stuff these days?

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
I emailed a link to the article to RPS, telling them "Yeah it's long but take a look, you can even use it as PC gaming bragging rights ('the consoles have one demo, we have ten thousand NWN modules')". Although they don't seem to care much about that stuff these days?
Well, they are the only mainstream gaming website I didn't call out by name... they could at least do a post about the NWN Vault and just barely link my article, especially since this month marks 1 year of the Vault being dead.

Don Peste

Arcane
Had to fucking register to comment something.

Don Peste
Since you are a first time poster, your comment will be queued for approval. Expect to see it appear in the next 24 hours. When your first comment is approved, you will be able to post comments going forward immediately. Please adhere to Gamasutra comment guidelines.
:rage:That's why you don't have any comments.

Anyway, thanks to you I discovered Return of Reckoning, plus some good NWN mods.

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Gamasutra didn't tweet about this article as far as I can see, nor is it featured on the front page. The mystery of no comments solved: hardly anyone is aware of it, even on Gamasutra itself, not to mention outside it.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Gamasutra didn't tweet about this article as far as I can see, nor is it featured on the front page. The mystery of no comments solved: hardly anyone is aware of it, even on Gamasutra itself, not to mention outside it.
They usually tweet these articles only the following day or so. And apparently promote it depending on pageviews... my aspect ratio article slowly climbed their frontpage, but that was a way more popular article, full of cool pictures of Guybrush.

Black

Arcane
Deader than my sex life.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom