Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Serpent in the Staglands Thread

Ninjerk

Arcane
Anyone knowing what wands are good for?
I found a few, but it is not written what they do, just some flavor text.

Another question:
What happens when you use an incantation and multiple enemies with the same name are present?
Are all affected, or just a random one?
Are you sure you read the text? Typically they say what spell they enhance.

NotAGolfer

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Update, we got an update! *whistling*

And it's a huge one:

Patch 7 primary updates include:

• Some whips not recognizing Mind-Crack now appropriately do
  • EastWood Bow animation update, internal update to not allow a shield to be equipped with it
  • Certain spells that are used from a distance, interrupted by moving, and returned to casting sometimes show them firing from the wrong angle, now always fire visually appropriately.
  • In some rare occurrences a name wouldn’t be associated with an action in the Game Feed, should all display as expected.
  • Corrected issue with Goblin King / Goblin Captain in some rare scenarios try to both talk to you at once, could cause errors with dialogue.
  • Ranged characters, if already target something could sometimes run up tot their target if they were given an action to attack them again. This has been fixed so they always stay at a distance while targeting, no matter how many times they target.
  • Lebez rock walls missing navigation walls needed to walk around fixed so you walk around them
  • Oil Spill traps sell value reduced
  • Both arenas could have an issue with continuing them after winning or losing that first fight, fixed for both
  • Trap price fix to remove selling exploit
  • Bartender at Duke of Whales could have issue opening inventory, fixed to open as normal for everyone
  • Woods Edge fake-cave removed
  • Item modifiers for Cast Speed now properly reflect their stats given in the Character Sheet (number to reduce into negatives, instead of raise)
  • Enemies, while becoming visible, can no longer be attempted to to talk to
  • NPC Stela could have an issue joining your party under certain circumstances, fixed
  • Block on typing numbers
  • Some bodies they may not have been visible in Hallowed Doors now always show up
  • Bloodless will now appear as intended for all users
UI

• Select-All Hotkey now updatable as expected
  • Fixed hole for instances of the hotkey tooltips failing to visually reflect updates
  • Straight Edge New and Used now have their correct stats.
  • After transition to town, all party members selected automatically
  • Rare issue with merchant inventories able to be seen on other merchants fixed
  • Credits scroll sheet now moves farther down to view end of text.
  • Wand/Boots items go to correct slots in inventory
  • Merchant screen descriptions no longer show up in your inventory upon exiting
Skills/Spells

• Mind Crack (fix listed above for item requirements)
  • * Shield Mastery: reduced amount of AC provided by level, at 15 points it caps at 1d15 (increases with 1d[skill PNT] now)
  • * Blood Cocoon and Greater Blood Cocoon reduced healing capacity
  • * Hallucinogen magic damage reduction, enemy ailment preserved
  • All on-start skills now wait for your first swing/missile, to help optimize the amount of time they are active for
  • Shield Bash in-game description updated to be accurate with damage dealt
  • Spearhead skill description updated
  • Blinding Shield and Split Arrow have updated descriptions
  • Spearhead could on occasion keep character running at that speed until next combat, fix in place
Mid/Late Balance

• The mid to later levels of the game have been balanced to fight a full party of optimized combat and magic focused characters
  • Slight AC increases (matched by level/individual character) for most monsters and mortals
  • Overall DMG and War book PNTS for high level fighter enemies, Slavers now have Warbook Skill: Silence at lvl 13
  • Increased INT and OCC for mages along with increased Spell points for spells to match level more appropriately. Increased shields for those applicable (tower, slavers).
Mind crack got fixed, they answered my prayers. :D

And that stuff about ranged fighters closing in when ordering them to attack again was indeed very annoying.
Oh, and I won't be able to abuse shield mastery that much anymore!

Awesome changes, especially that late game balance stuff.
:thumbsup:

edit:
Am I the only one who gets Jagged Alliance 2 vibes from some of the music in this game?
:love:

Last edited:

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
And I am done. 32 hours in, quite a bit of backtracking and trying to get around bugs included in that.

Did almost all of the content in the game, barring one locked door that I couldn't figure out.

Is it good? Yes, very much so. Would back again, and with significantly more money this time around.

Obviously there is a great deal to be improved upon, but for their first game I am truly impressed. My tastes are very specific, truly didn't expect anyone to make a game that'd cater to them.

Will write down a bit more coherent summary once I've collected my thoughts.

Ninjerk

Arcane
And I am done. 32 hours in, quite a bit of backtracking and trying to get around bugs included in that.

Did almost all of the content in the game, barring one locked door that I couldn't figure out.

Is it good? Yes, very much so. Would back again, and with significantly more money this time around.

Obviously there is a great deal to be improved upon, but for their first game I am truly impressed. My tastes are very specific, truly didn't expect anyone to make a game that'd cater to them.

Will write down a bit more coherent summary once I've collected my thoughts.
The more I play it, the more I have going through my head, "How did two people fucking make this?"

Modron

Arcane
The more I play it, the more I have going through my head, "How did two people fucking make this?"

Better question would be how did two people make it so quickly, we've seen plenty of small team efforts produce great games and are in line to see three more really great ones this year even (Underrail, AoD, Stasis).

ArchAngel

Arcane

Better question would be how did two people make it so quickly, we've seen plenty of small team efforts produce great games and are in line to see three more really great ones this year even (Underrail, AoD, Stasis).
Answer: With lots of bugs lol. The game could use 1-2 months more of baking. So not that fast

agris

Arcane
Patron
I'm shocked at the patch rate. 7 patches since the game came out.. 5 days ago? You have to give it to them, they're busting their asses. Joe is posting on their forums at like 3 am, 7 am, middle of the day. Dude must have a caffeine IV mainlined.

Smashing Axe

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
I'm shocked at the patch rate. 7 patches since the game came out.. 5 days ago? You have to give it to them, they're busting their asses. Joe is posting on their forums at like 3 am, 7 am, middle of the day. Dude must have a caffeine IV mainlined.

Whoever sent them that coffee should be getting more brofists.

Raapys

Arcane
I've a bunch of severed ears of lawbreakers clogging my inv. Wat do?

Shannow

Waster of Time
So I started this today.
I'm considering going full werewolf just for the fun of it. But I have some questions first:
Do any combat skills (apart from the polymorph ones) affect the wolf form? EG. Would Reckless Offense or Hydra work while polymorphed? (They are "Any weapon"...)
Do equipment-stats/buffs still affect you while polymorphed? Does wolf form add its buff to your normal weapon dmg, or does it supersede it?
In that vein, is wolf form laughably weak by mid/late game compared to a "normal" fighter at that stage?

Agesilaus

Antiquity Studio
Patron
Developer
Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I feel like wolf mode is laughably weak early game, let alone mid/late.

Ninjerk

Arcane
I might try it on another playthrough. I've gotten quite a bit of mileage out of Hydra+Shield Bash.

agris

Arcane
Patron
Ok, time to give the game away. So RK47 and Abu Antar are up for it. You both seem like not-shitheads, so I'm going rando.

Congrats Abu Antar! I'll PM it to you now.

Shannow

Waster of Time
Hmm, yeah well. I'm level 2 and have 17 Occ (trait + level + philosophy) --> Int+Occ=27. That should mean I meet the requirements for grade 2 spells (and thus wolf transform). Well, I still didn't get access to them... What am I missing? Is there a hidden level requirement?
Anyway, still too buggy for my tastes. Gonna give it another month or more before I really dip in.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Ok, time to give the game away. So RK47 and Abu Antar are up for it. You both seem like not-shitheads, so I'm going rando.

Congrats Abu Antar! I'll PM it to you now.
Thanks! You're a real bro! Will play the game after work today. Will read their manual at work.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Hmm, yeah well. I'm level 2 and have 17 Occ (trait + level + philosophy) --> Int+Occ=27. That should mean I meet the requirements for grade 2 spells (and thus wolf transform). Well, I still didn't get access to them... What am I missing? Is there a hidden level requirement?
Anyway, still too buggy for my tastes. Gonna give it another month or more before I really dip in.
My guess would be you stole some Occult from your companions to have 17 Occult. I read someone said stolen stats don't count for gaining new tiers of spells or battle skills. I don't know if that is by design or a bug. Report it as a bug anyways to the devs.

Johannes

Arcane
Just wondering, if anyone's found any
Peaceful way to get to Erlein's body in the docks?

Frontal assault with a lvl5 party is easy enough, but curious if there's an alternative with skill use, talking to the right guy, stealth, or something.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom