Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Torment Torment: Tides of Numenera Pre-Release Thread [ALPHA RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

evdk

comrade troglodyte :M
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
The codex should set up some sort of group or platform to better promote games we like. Run by an inner circle of esteemed forum members who we will call the 'Well Read Army Faction'.
Like, say, the Steam Curator Page.

Hohoho.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
Heine messing with big head mode
i-q7V3L6n.png

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Big head mode makes it easy to recognize the companions. I believe the guy on the right is Aligern:

ILW26Xb1.jpg

The other two appear to be women, but not Matkina?

A_Leftist_Pig?

Scholar
Possibly Retarded
It better have an in-depth explanation of how she became purple-headed, where the social acceptance and need for purple heads came from and from what her hair is dyed purple to satisfy my needs in terms of having a credible story!

Unlike that other tormenting title...

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Undercuts, sidecuts and purple hair, dear god. In the far future, the obnoxious modern-day-mullets of today are back in style.

Athelas

Arcane
These awful hairstyles sufficiently reflect the tormented nature of our protagonists. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

agris

Arcane
Patron
Humans weren't around for most of the billion years in the future torment is set in. They 'recently' reappeared.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Ah, those are the same characters who appear in the combat portion of the most recent video:

WsSE4am.jpg

But the first part of the video has different characters, including the player character and Matkina.

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
But the first part of the video has different characters, including the player character and Matkina.
The video shows areas from points of the game that are widely spaces apart, so the party makeup is not the same in each area. The PC is in each, of course.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
The video shows areas from points of the game that are widely spaces apart, so the party makeup is not the same in each area. The PC is in each, of course.

Orly? Who's the PC in the second part? The lady in white? I'm only familiar with the blondish(?) model wearing green with a white cloak.

Adam Heine

Arcane
Developer
lolwut is heine using the free version of unity?
Haha nice catch. The only thing the Pro offers nowadays is the dark skin (which is worth pirating for, but not actually paying for).

unless you're a full time programmer, in which case you'd give your first born away just to not have to stare into the ugly grey abyss

You guys are like the kings of baseless assumptions ;-) That's Unity Pro. Light-text-on-dark burns my retinas. I hatesssss it.

Zeronet

Learned
Those hairstyles are punk if anything, hipsters would be a bunch of brown topknots and huge daft looking beards.

Sidecuts are awesome btw.

ArchAngel

Arcane
So MCA is joining InXile (we all know he is :D) because unlike Obs devs InXile ones read and post on Codex often :D

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Let's try to identify the companions: https://torment.inxile-entertainment.com/game/about/four-pillars

• A fallen priest who pulls writhing tattoos from his arms to spill horror upon his foes.
  • A nano who toyed with the fabric of space one too many times and now lives a fractured existence, living parallel lives in multiple universes and timestreams all at once.
  • A cold, calculating jack with a blade in her pocket and acid in her soul, who carries mind-altering mists around her neck, and who has found a way to control light and shadow.
  • A boy who seeks only adventure and glory, who leaps blindly into the most ridiculously dangerous situations imaginable and--surprisingly--emerging from them brighter and more powerful than he was before... but whose existence is a torment its own.
  • A sibyl with no body of her own, who speaks through the mouth of a man whose mind is broken beyond repair.
Plus there's the Toy:

• A protean thing--that seems to be an adorable pet but that responds to your commands and your treatment--can shape itself to fit your will. It could be anything from a waxen ball of goo that can communicate with any sentient creature to a hulking beast of tooth and claw.

That makes six companions out of eight.

Now, looking at the most recent video, we can recognize eight distinct characters who appear to be party members:

AcYWNG8.jpg
WsSE4am.jpg
B6bVt2e.jpg

Three we can recognize for sure:
  • Left and right-hand screenshots - The player character AKA the The Last Castoff, the brownish-haired individual in green with a white cloak (it was blondish in the first video).
  • Left-hand screenshot - Matkina, the cold, calculating Jack, the lady with the green hood and cloak, who was also featured in the first video. T:ToN's equivalent of Annah.
  • Middle screenshot - Aligern, the fallen Aeon Priest, the man with the mohawk and the long dark brown coat. T:ToN's equivalent of Dak'kon.
Then there's:
  • Left-hand screenshot - blond guy wearing a brown and green shirt.
  • Left-hand screenshot - brown-haired guy wearing an orange and pink tunic.
  • Middle and right-hand screenshots - pink-haired lady in a red dress.
  • Middle screenshot - brown-haired lady in a white dress.
  • Right-hand screenshot - bald(?) man in a long reddish-brown coat.
However, Brother None claims that the player character appears in all scenes. Since the pink-haired lady appears in the right-hand screenshot with a character who we know is the player character, that means the player character in the middle screenshot can only be the white dress lady.

So, that gives us six companions appearing here, four of whom we can't identify for sure. I think we can be pretty sure that the Toy isn't one of them. Neither is any of them a boy - although by "boy", they might mean "young man", so I'm not sure about that. Then there's the bald man, who doesn't have a selection circle around his feet, which means we can't be certain that he's not just an NPC who happens to be in that room. But if he is a companion, that means there's at least one companion in these screenshots who isn't among the six listed on the Torment site.

In fact, even if he isn't a companion there might be, since the three remaining companions in the list - the nano, the sibyl and the boy - all appear to be male (or at least have male bodies in the case of the sibyl), whereas one of the unidentified characters in the video is female, the pink-haired lady. Although we can't be sure about the nano, whose description doesn't specify a gender.

Of course, none of this takes into account that the companions might have some way to change their appearances. Or that they might be cross-dressers. :M

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom