Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mod News Bloodlines unofficially patched to 3.8

Wesp5

Arcane
RGE said:
I still haven't had time to replay Bloodlines since before complaining about the ghouling and the warehouse stealth bonus. But I suppose that I'll eventually get back to it. Any good news about the extra Heather dialogue that supposedly appeared in that other patch? :?

I changed the warehouse bonus from no-kill to stealth like proposed in 3.6 and the extra Heather dialogue was added to my patches already long ago in version 3.2 and improved upon in 3.3 so you wouldn't miss out ghouling her because of all the new lines ;).

Lisinity

Novice
I know I must sound stupid, but how the heck do you install the patch? I'm really trying to get my game working on my comp. I know it's up to snuff, because my old comp played it fine.

Wesp5

Arcane
Lisinity said:
I know I must sound stupid, but how the heck do you install the patch? I'm really trying to get my game working on my comp. I know it's up to snuff, because my old comp played it fine.

Just extract the whole archive into the folder you installed Bloodlines in. It should then ask you if it should overwrite the folder "vampire" which you should agree. But wait a little time and 4.0 will be out soon ;).

Wesp5

Arcane
Lestat said:
Wesp5, what did you decide to do with the gum?

It can be sold to Copper to "erode his teeth" after he became human :)! I think it fits in there much more than as an illogical powerup.

BTW, what do you think about some other 4.0 changes? I plan to make Blood Buff and Blood Heal visible on the character sheet and raiseable as well. Then late in the game Beckett might teach each clan an uncommon discipline so you should end up with 6 disciplines on the character sheet! I think about doing this because I found both the sheet texts for Blood Buff and Blood Heal and the message "New discipline gained" in the game files. I'm not sure if I should really do this yet though...

Using blood for healing or improving physical stats (the blood heal and blood buff in the game) is not actually a discipline in the P&P setting. It is simply an ability that every vampire has, and these abilities can't be improved. So I think that this already works the way it is supposed to.

As for gaining a new discipline - if you can do this, I'm all for it. You can certainly gain almost any discipline through training. With the exception of dementation (you have to be Malk for this) and thaumaturgy (this is very, very rare outside Tremere). Is there a good place in Becket's dialog where you can do this?

Ladonna

Arcane
If you make any big changes to disciplines, etc, make sure its balanced please. Apart from that, keep up the good work. I will wait until you have a full, working copy of 4.0 out and then fire this game up again...Unless you have more plans for future patches.

Hümmelgümpf

Arbiter
Zero Credibility said:
As for gaining a new discipline - if you can do this, I'm all for it. You can certainly gain almost any discipline through training. With the exception of dementation (you have to be Malk for this) and thaumaturgy (this is very, very rare outside Tremere).

According to White Wolf Wiki,

his [Beckett's] knowledge of ancient lore, linguistics and fighting skills is perfectly complemented by mastery of a number of disciplines outside the usual purvey of the Gangrel, and more then a passing knowledge of Thaumaturgy.

So, theoretically, he could teach you Thaumaturgy, but since in Bloodlines it's marketed as Tremere-exclusive discipline and listed among their advantages, being able to learn it probably is not a good idea. At least not from Beckett. Also, I think that discipline you learn should be clan-dependent and fit well in the default sets of disciplines.

Brujah - Fortitude
Gangrel - Celerity or Potence
Malkavian - Presence
Nosferatu - Fortitude
Toreador - Dominate
Tremere - Presence
Ventrue - Auspex

I don't think that adding this feature will unbalance the game due to the fact that you'll learn a new discipline relatively late in the game and won't have enough experience points to raise it to high levels.

Wesp5

Arcane
Zero Credibility said:
Using blood for healing or improving physical stats (the blood heal and blood buff in the game) is not actually a discipline in the P&P setting. It is simply an ability that every vampire has, and these abilities can't be improved. So I think that this already works the way it is supposed to.

I learned that on the Planet Vampire forum in the meantime as well so this will stay like it is.

As for gaining a new discipline - if you can do this, I'm all for it. You can certainly gain almost any discipline through training. With the exception of dementation (you have to be Malk for this) and thaumaturgy (this is very, very rare outside Tremere). Is there a good place in Becket's dialog where you can do this?

I planned to use the line which he uses to increase Fortitude for Gangrels for clans that don't have it and I used another line of his to give Celerity to the other clans but especially the later one wasn't that convincing ;). Because this would be rather late in the game after the Leopold Society Lestat is right and it really doesn't make much sense.

Wesp5

Arcane
GhanBuriGhan said:
Can the steam version be patched with this?

Yes, as far as I know without problems and it works with the Direct2Drive version as well.

Wesp5

Arcane
Ladonna said:
If you make any big changes to disciplines, etc, make sure its balanced please. Apart from that, keep up the good work. I will wait until you have a full, working copy of 4.0 out and then fire this game up again...Unless you have more plans for future patches.

I guess I won't do any changes regarding the disciplines after the feedback from here and the Planet Vampire forum. As for future patches, 4.0 will be a big one because once again I searched through the files for anything unused, but I suspect that there will be some smaller patches after it anyway, in case I messed something up or overlooked some more details ;).

GhanBuriGhan

Erudite
Wesp5 said:
GhanBuriGhan said:
Can the steam version be patched with this?

Yes, as far as I know without problems and it works with the Direct2Drive version as well.
Great! Might be time to finally get this game, I guess. One of many thats been on the to do list for a long time.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Saturn [every Saturn I have seen] has it for 5EUR I think. [Or 10? It's in English].

Data4

Arcane
Now dat's some good fuckin' chicken, right there.

Finally going ahead with a reinstall. Yeah, I could wait for 4.0, but..

Wesp5

Arcane
Data4 said:
Finally going ahead with a reinstall. Yeah, I could wait for 4.0, but..

...if all things work out 4.0 may be ready tomorrow or friday. So go ahead installing but you may wait with playing :)!

Data4

Arcane
Really? Well, I installed late last night, and have only just gotten past the tutorial part with Smiling Jack, so I can start over and skip all that the next go-round.

Are you ready to list any of the fixes for 4.0, or do you want to just wait until the actual release? My curiosity is piqued.

Wesp5

Arcane
Data4 said:
Are you ready to list any of the fixes for 4.0, or do you want to just wait until the actual release? My curiosity is piqued.

I don't think I will post the changes before the patch is due, but 4.0 restores two new items, several new models from items to vehicles, fixes all cut-off conversations and much more :).

Data4

Arcane
Sounds cool. I went ahead played some more. Took out the drug dealers in the beach house and got the Astrolite. I think I'll just hold off on going any further and wait for that.

Wesp5

Arcane
Data4 said:
Sounds cool. I went ahead played some more. Took out the drug dealers in the beach house and got the Astrolite. I think I'll just hold off on going any further and wait for that.

Patch 4.0 is out and the announcement is in the general discussion area because I can't post a new topic here. Maybe some of the moderators will notice it there...

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
We don't need an RPG News post for each and every new version you release.

Wesp5

Arcane
Jasede said:
We don't need an RPG News post for each and every new version you release.

No problem. I really hope this will be one of the last patches anyway ;).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom