Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Squeenix NieR: Automata from Yoko Taro and Platinum Games

A Vanquish HD Remasterbated Edition seems far more likely than a full sequel, with the positive upshot of a PC port so that all of the Mass Effect 2 proponents can play the real "popamole done right".

Or it could just be a red herring to drum up as much interest in the reveal as possible. That's my guess.

Edit: Just realized it's a Star Fox 64 quote. WiiU Exclusive Port inbound.:negative:

Adon

Arcane
Weakest part of Nier was its gameplay so with Platinum on board to develop it, it'll go from good to brilliant.

Durandal

Arcane
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.

I HAVEN'T BEEN THIS EXCITE SINCE SOLD SNAKE WAS ANNOUNCED FOR BRAWL
IT'S LIKE THE HOLY UNION
YOKO TARO'S GONNA BRING THE FEELS
KEIICHI OKABE'S GONNA BRING THE MUSIC FEELS
AND THIS TIME PLATINUM'S GONNA BRING THE GAMEPLAY
I AM SO FUCKING HAPPY AND ALL HOPE HAS BEEN RESTORD
FINALLY A PS4 IS WORTH BUYING NOW
THERE'S ONLY ONE ROAD, AND IT LEADS TO HAPPINEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESS
I HAD COMPLETELY GIVEN UP HOPE ON THIS E3 AND THEN
1434479050378.png
SHOWED UP
E3 2015 STATUS: REDEEMED
I AM LITERALLY CRYING TEARS OF JOY RIGHT NOW

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
the only flaw
the only single flaw in the masterpiece that was nier
was that its gameplay was only meh

and platinum makes THE best gameplay
this is

this is beyond words

This is the best thing that has happened in gaming news for me since I was 13. I haven't cared about games much anymore. I barely play them. I barely remember them. But this... I haven't felt so happy about such a dumb bit of news for a long time. Thank you...

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
the only flaw
the only single flaw in the masterpiece that was nier
was that its gameplay was only meh

and platinum makes THE best gameplay
this is

this is beyond words

This is the best thing that has happened in gaming news for me since I was 13. I haven't cared about games much anymore. I barely play them. I barely remember them. But this... I haven't felt so happy about such a dumb bit of news for a long time. Thank you...
I'm slightly less excited than you, but I am still really hyped and all we've seen is some artwork and shit. Then again, Yoshida is one of my favorite artists around.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
I am so attached to NieR because it (like Dark Souls) is a game that really understands melancholy and depression. For someone with depression, sadness can be happiness, and sorrow joy. And there's plenty of both in them.

GSFwgDx.gif

Dayyālu

Arcane
How this is even possible

No game done by the guy had any financial success

This cannot be

I can't buy a PS4 just for this, I am a member of the PC gaming Master Race since youth

The suffering is endless, but at least I'll gain another kickass soundtrack out of this

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
It's a miracle. Maybe someone else high up there sees the same genius I see in Yoko Taro...

Or Square still owes him a favor. That's how Drakengard 3 was made, if rumors are to be believed.

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
I just fear they announced this way too early and no one will even remember it come release time. Just like that Project Setsuna thing. All you have is concept art and you're showing it off? Alright, I guess. I am looking forward to it considering NIER and Taro is just crazy enough for it to work out.

Ivan

Arcane
i dont know what the fuck Nier is, but PLATINUM GAMES (a team) I'm in

oh and if anyone still cares:

:troll:

Last edited:
Cautiously optimistic, though I'm pretty certain it won't live up to the hype. Nier is an amazing game, but I'm not really sure the creators actually understand exactly why (see: Grimoire Nier, the lorebook, shitting hard all over the game's story or the devs caving and making Replicant because jRPG twinks can't handle a REAL MAN).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom