Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The New DOOM Thread (2016)

Unwanted

CyberP

Unwanted
*you can't really do a tactical shooter on a console because of the precision aiming requirements. Well you maybe could, but it wouldn't be able to be realistic, you'd need a low damage/health ratio so you could take your time to land sniper like shots.

:stupid:

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
*you can't really do a tactical shooter on a console because of the precision aiming requirements. Well you maybe could, but it wouldn't be able to be realistic, you'd need a low damage/health ratio so you could take your time to land sniper like shots.

No. You are just retarded.

FPS on pads are like performing brain surgery through the anus. Wondered why there is no CS:GO on consoles?

Unwanted

CyberP

Unwanted

No. You are just retarded.

FPS on pads are like performing brain surgery through the anus. Wondered why there is no CS:GO on consoles?

I can't do this anymore. Dumb, so very dumb and sensitive to facts.

FPS on pads are like performing brain surgery through the anus

In your no doubt very limited experience or perhaps natural cack-handiness. Try actually having experience in many forms of gaming, you're not quite so biased that way.

And did you seriously just use counterstrike as any kind of argument (to counter facts no less).

Also, hello dumbfuck!? http://www.metacritic.com/game/xbox-360/counter-strike-global-offensive

Reading comprehension? I listed ~5 technically-objective benefits a pad has over M+K. Go back a page.

The only thing objective about your posts are how stupid the person making them is.

Here's an objective fact: If controllers were anywhere near as effective as a KB/M control scheme, people would be using them in competitive games. 0% of them do. 0% of them use a hybrid controller/mouse scheme, or whatever it is you think the good points of a controller are, either.

Unwanted

CyberP

Unwanted
facepalm.jpg

Timid like children.

Cassidy

Arcane
The only analog control superior to kb+m is a joystick within a realistic flight simulator.

I'm wondering if Drog Black Tooth decided to do some modding for Deus Ex and register back as CyberP because defending console crap and a super-shit AAA popamole sequel to a classic franchise being finally raped fully by Bethesda is totally something Drog would do.

Unwanted

CyberP

Unwanted
Where have I been defending Doom 4? Look how confused you tards get when your misinformed gaming beliefs are under fire. I guess instead of being irritated by the idiocy I can have some fun with it instead.

Defending console trash? There are some very good console games that have been made, are you now going to express that there are none, and everything on PC is supreme? Flash Gaming Master Race.

Learn more about your favorite hobby, kids. Everything isn't black and white.

Stompa

Arcane
Unless I am vastly mistaken Gears of War was both the originator and populzier of popamole gameplay.

Partly you are mistaken, sticky cover system was first introduced in Kill.Switch, 2003 game, 3 years ahead of first Gears of War.

Durandal

Arcane
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
A question for the wise men: when was the leaning function discarded from shooters and action games in general? One would assume popamole shooters would be benefited from having a leaning function.
Console shooters seem to have a 'light cover' function, where you run up to a wall and hold the right analog stick in any direction to lean out that way.

Unwanted

CyberP

Unwanted
Someone plz reduce the number of CyberP's dumbass tags - each stupid post of his is taking up my entire amazing HD 1024x768 screen.

You can permanently adblock them. Or just ignore me with the forum functionality, if you so choose. I got them for preferring RPGs like Ultima Underworld/Deus Ex over RPGs like Fallout, such is the immaturity of the codex.

dunno lah

Arcane

This pinky looks scarier than everything in Doom 4. I didn't even realize there was a pinky in Doom 4 footage until I read some comments.

shihonage

Subscribe to my OnlyFans
Patron
Bubbles In Memoria
All of Doom4 appears to be a "pinky" mess, so yeah. Still waiting for an FPS where the designers aren't afraid of using distinctly looking enemies which can easily stand out from their surroundings. So, you know, I can fucking aim at them, y'know?

Unwanted

CyberP

Unwanted
Laughable. Like saying FO1 is a hybrid turn-based shooter/exploration game with heavy RPG elements. Deus Ex qualifies as an RPG as much as Fallout does. They share a lot in common even. There's next to nothing about Fallout that makes it more "pure", except more traditional PnP-inspired stat systems and taking turns to roll the die.

Add to Strife proper stats and you shall get Deus Ex 0.4

We're not doing this anymore. The collective retardation is overwhelming.

Declinator

Arbiter
Someone plz reduce the number of CyberP's dumbass tags - each stupid post of his is taking up my entire amazing HD 1024x768 screen.

You can permanently adblock them. Or just ignore me with the forum functionality, if you so choose. I got them for preferring RPGs like Ultima Underworld/Deus Ex over RPGs like Fallout, such is the immaturity of the codex.

This is either willful misrepresentation or simply an obtuse interpretation of the reasons for your tags. Nobody cares what games you prefer but you really screwed the pooch in that particular thread:

Van Buren. Yes it looked very promising, but I know this will upset some old school types, but I am glad they Bethesda-ified it. Isometric gameplay cannot hold a candle to first person real-time. It's a far stronger & deeper core concept.

It is superior. It will no longer be an argument when occulus/VR comes into play.

That thread is rife with a lot of stupidity on your part and this is just a small sample.

Unwanted

CyberP

Unwanted

All gameplay real and virtual is experienced in first person first (your eyes), and it allows us to interact with the world on a deep level. Good luck fucking a girl, playing your PC, solving a rubix cube, jumping over a barbed wire fence, seeing the detail in cobblestone and so on in Isometric view. First person has far greater potential in terms of interactivity (so gameplay). Again, a fact.

Collective retardation...once again you fail to perceive.

Unwanted

CyberP

Unwanted
Can you imagine if humans actually had isometric-perspective eyes? We wouldn't have made it past Neanderthal.

shihonage

Subscribe to my OnlyFans
Patron
Bubbles In Memoria
On the Internet, there are people too oblivious to understand when they've been hanged, so eventually the hangings just stop and the dumbass tags are issued as to warn passers-by of their reality-bending ignorance.

Unwanted

CyberP

Unwanted
You fucktards couldn't do any intellectual hangings if you tried. Well, you did try, then you resorted to shit slinging.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom