Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout 4 Pre-Release Discussion [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
As stated, it has microtransactions (like nearly every mobile phone game). So people are shelling out money to level faster or buy vault dwellers or whatever the mechanic is to win.

pippin

Wasn't the Ifag game free?

Free for the users, but I'm sure the find ways to make money. Nothing is *truly* free in this world.

Bullshit. Mods are. The most I expect is a simple "thank you" for three years of my hard work.

Some mods require you to have a "legal" (Steam) version of the game, though.
The Nexus is particularly touchy abiut this subject. My guess is they received a few e-mails from certain people.

mondblut

Arcane
Wasn't the Ifag game free?

Free for the users, but I'm sure the find ways to make money. Nothing is *truly* free in this world.

Bullshit. Mods are. The most I expect is a simple "thank you" for three years of my hard work.

All while staring at a plethora of ads while browsing and downloading them (or being guilt-tripped that using adblock is bad like piracy), and being coerced into buying paid registration for acceptable download speeds. :roll:

Unwanted

CyberP

Unwanted
:roll: wow, someone needs to get around more other than moddb and nexus. And are you implying that those things are A) an inconvenience (get adblock), B) the doing of mod creators personally, and C) that mod makers do not host their mods elsewhere in places that do not have ads too?

Last edited:

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
TypicalModder.png

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2
1918942_1264033118220_7449665_n.jpg

Tim Cain's hair has fallen off with the joy of seeing the E3 presentation of Fallout 4. :)

Last edited:

Gnidrologist

CONDUCTOR
Tbh, i've used Nexus with adblocker, never endorsed anyone and haven't had any problems downloading mods. None of them had any problems with pirated games either. Download speeds are irrelevant, because most mods are tiny in size.

Love

Cipher
I hope Bethesda will get a voice command system in place until the release: "Dogmeat, get me the torque wrench with the blue handle and a 1/2" 12-point socket!"
- "Woof!"

potatojohn

Arcane
That's some decent-looking Power Armor, actually. Looks suitably big and intimidating. The Power Armor in the newer games looked small and runty, not imposing at all.
Also I like how they went with the better-looking FO2/FNV look to Advanced Power Armor rather than the horribad APA from Fallout 3.
You could get mods with better looking PA in F3/NV, but it still looked terrible because PA had the same animations as normal clothing.

Athos

Arcane

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
Bethesda has stolen E3 with Fallout 4 and Fallout 4 will be GOTY of 2015 and probably one of better games of last decade.

Love

Cipher
"So we like to fill our world with thousands of items, that you can interact with and now all of them have purpose."
Howard, Todd - Design God

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
Take notice subpar developers (i'm looking at you inxile, obsidian, cdp, larian) how you make a proper RPG experience.
Who would have thought that in 2015 Bethesda will be the incliner of games?

likaq

Arcane
Take notice subpar developers (i'm looking at you inxile, obsidian, cdp, larian) how you make a proper RPG experience.
Who would have thought that in 2015 Bethesda will be the incliner of games?

Ban him DU.

Oh come on, you all want to play this game, if only just for flying around in jetpack Power Armor blowing people's skulls to pieces with Teddy bears. If you didn't you wouldn't be posting in this thread at all.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom