Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout 4 Pre-Release Discussion [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Radiant AI
Something like this?
UImKJrp.png

Orma

Arcane
Patron
Torment: Tides of Numenera
I'm not sure if he even does any creative work. He probably just counts the money

SumDrunkGuy

Looks like it will be pretty damn fun in terms of just mindlessly fucking around and finding all the possible ways you can break the game. Hell of a lot more appealing than Twitcher 3's boring ass approach to sandboxing.

AW8

Arcane
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I foresee a heap of new medals for the Glorious Arch-General of the People's Republic Zerotol and his assistant CyberP in the near future.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
Pete Hines explains what is an RPG

"If you want to pick flowers and make potions all day, then that's what you're role-playing," he said. "If you want to go shoot everybody in the head with a laser-musket, then that's what you're role-playing."

http://www.pcgamer.com/fallout-4-bethesda-will-dial-back-graphics-in-favour-of-complex-systems/

Todd tells it all

Yeah, we're probably doing too much. [Laughs] If the game sucks, the answer may have been we tried to do too much.

because the baseline first-person shooting was...

It was mehh...

It was a little... I'm being diplomatic here.

It was a little... I think we're on the same page.

Have you made changes to it?

We started out with Fallout 4 knowing that, look, we can't apologise for being a role-playing game. We have to build a first-person shooter, and it needs to be a really, really good one. We spent a lot of time on that.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/fallout-4-interview-we-re-probably-doing-too-much/1100-6428336/

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I foresee a heap of new medals for the Glorious Arch-General of the People's Republic Zerotol and his assistant CyberP in the near future.

CyberP's medals will have to be granted posthumously. :cool:

Aoyagi

Scholar
look, we can't apologise for being a role-playing game. We have to build a first-person shooter, and it needs to be a really, really good one. We spent a lot of time on that.

Is that manchild then going to apologise that the RPG side of the game is utter rubbish because it's an FPS?

Gurkog

Erudite
Project: Eternity
Last edited:

Giskard

Augur
look, we can't apologise for being a role-playing game. We have to build a first-person shooter, and it needs to be a really, really good one. We spent a lot of time on that.

Is that manchild then going to apologise that the RPG side of the game is utter rubbish because it's an FPS?

I doubt it, because they have a very different idea of what an RPG is compared to the naysayers and haters fine upstanding gentlemen here on the 'Dex. So in his mind he can call it an RPG, even if it barely scrapes by as a low fat, skim, soy decaf rpg....anyway I'm off to pick some flowers, cause that's what I need in my perfect RPG.+M

Lord Carlos Wafflebum

Aspiring Infinitron
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
I have a character in skyrim that has never killed anything, and has done nothing but farm. Sometimes I walk him to town to sell some stuff. Roleplaying.

I'd buy the pip-boy edition if it wasn't sold out everywhere. It's the same amount of jewgold I spent on PoE, and I bet I'll have a lot more fucking fun with F4.

Embrace the new fun. Our Savior noble benefactor Todd Howard has given us all a gift. Enjoy you ingrates.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom