Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dear nazi douchebags, (or: no-ban policy has been revoked)

Calis

Pensionado
Dear visitor,

We've had a no-ban policy on this site for a long, long time. However, enough is enough. Far be it from us to be skittish when it comes to the political views of our posters, but lately some of these political views manifest themselves in the form of simplistic statements, such as "It's the jewish conspiracy!". This annoys us. We don't want to limit any kind of analytically-rooted political discussion, but if you're going to post simplistic nazi rhetoric (especially if you do it in random threads), we're getting rid of you.

This is OK:
"The mingling of cultures is weakening our society. I believe firmly that a return to conservative values in a monocultural nation is the only way to maintain our strength."

This is not:
"Jews are evil! They're plotting to weaken the white man and are keeping the black man dumb through hip-hop! Also, the holocaust never happened and Muslims eat babies."

Any posts that meet this criterium (decided by whichever admin is around) dated after this post will likely result in a ban, possibly a warning if the admin in question is in an agreeable mood. Now knock off the fruity crap, you nazi douchebags.

Also, yes, the jews made me post this.

User was nabbed fit

I can understand for people like TNP who take the 'joke' so far/seriously that it's not even funny... more like trolling.

But does that mean we can't do anymore Jew jokes (when it's obvious that it's a joke) at all (not in every second thread obviously), ever? :o

But what will Higher Game do now? And that fellow, whatshisname, the classicist, you know who i'm talking about

Calis

Pensionado
I'd rather not bother filtering out the tongue-in-cheek stuff that some people may post, so please don't. We're not planning to go overboard with the ban-stick, obviously, but I'd rather keep off this slippery slope for a while.

Edit: After more thought, I'm retracting the above.

psycojester

Arbiter
Well I'm happy that TNP finally got what was coming to him, either his joke sucked and he kept it going too long or he genuinely was a retard, doesn't matter now we don't have to read his stupid shit.

Stalagmite

Scholar
in the land of faggotry, the spiritually consious proves inferior via internet connection. My battle against the Zionists must not continue here.

Codex: This is just stupid idiotic retarded shit I'm glad that stupid retard moron is done posting his idiotic stupid shit. :hard-geeked:

dragonfk

Erudite
So jokes about any other nationality will be forbidden as well? Or you have to suffer Holocaust to be granted some favours on forums?

Political correctness my ass :?

jeansberg

Liturgist
So jokes about any other nationality will be forbidden as well? Or you have to suffer Holocaust to be granted some favours on forums?

Political correctness my ass
What are you, French?

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
You can discuss ANY topic in an intelligent fashion, but if you decide to take the other road instead and act like a fucking moron, that's when we throw your dumb ass out.

It's got nothing to do with political correctness.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Vault Dweller said:
You can discuss ANY topic in an intelligent fashion, but if you decide to take the other road instead and act like a fucking moron, that's when we throw your dumb ass out.

It's got nothing to do with political correctness.

Where's the border between dumbfuck and ban then?
Is it so that if you're acting like a dumbfuck but still are halfway productive or at least funny in other threads it's only the tag, but if you just take arguments like "No dude, I'm better than you, accept it." without giving any reason you get banned?

Shagnak

Shagadelic
dragonfk said:
Oh don't worry, if you start spouting offensive bullshit about other races every second post we'll ban you as well. We're all about equal opportunity at the Codex.

It should be common sense when it comes to people being so annoying with this over the top racist bullshit that we can't put up with it any more.

JrK

Prophet
Come on, stop acting like you don't know what dumbfuckery deserves a ban. The Codex has since quite a while been degenerating because of the multitude of "it's the jews" "failure of free market" etc. jokes ad naseum. Sometimes you have to know how to avoid taking a joke too far before it becomes irritating and boring.

So cut the excuses and wear some balls.

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
JarlFrank said:
Where's the border between dumbfuck and ban then?
The tolerance level. We tolerate dumbfucks, but we no longer tolerate dumb racist assholes.

...but if you just take arguments like "No dude, I'm better than you, accept it." without giving any reason you get banned?
Can you tell the difference between an intelligent post and some dumb shit? Of course, you can. Well, so do we.

kingcomrade

Kingcomrade
Edgy
Can you tell the difference between an intelligent post and some dumb shit? Of course, you can. Well, so do we.
This is never how the Codex works. There is always a demand for precise mathematical representations for exactly the point when something stops being something and becomes something else. If you can't give me this precise point in hypothetical timespace then your entire philosophy is fail!!

no

Novice
Thank you. Now you can gradually decrease the dumbfuck tolerance level by introducing a ban for exhibitionist faggots, futile rhetoric about politics, rampant sycophancy, viral hype geeks and so on until the rapidly escalating purges finally turn the Codex into the first virtual bastion of the Übernerdsch.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
psycojester said:
This looks like a job for a free market joke!

This is a failure of the free market.

Reason:
In a communist world without free market, jokes which make the free market seem bad are considered good by the state because it would be anti-free-market propaganda. Thus, any of those jokes would be supported by the government and people who make them would get a nice cozy government job.

Roqua

Prospernaut
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual In My Safe Space
What the core goal of this site and it’s management should be is to get back to a rpg focus. This site used to have a lot of rpg fans. Now its filled with a bunch of fps fans who just regurgitate what the few people that actually like rpgs say about the games they are supposed to like. It’s a bandwagon menagerie of retards that have no idea what they are talking about. RPGwatch is supposed to have a broad base filled with people with wildly different backgrounds or ideas on what a good “rpg” is, or a passing interest in games that have slight rpg elements. And the people at rpgwatch are at least honest about what they like.

I hate reading through “rpg” discussion threads here, as its blatantly obvious that 99% of the people don’t have an original idea in their fps-minds. They just say what is the generally accepted propaganda to fit in and then preorder and drool over the next fps with rpg elements announced. Anyone with a minimal amount of perceptive and reasoning ability can clearly see that the majority of posters here would much rather have a Bethesda FO3 than a real FO3, even though they’ll cry and say its not true before they buy it and play the fucking shit out of it, and then go back to crying.

I’ve never felt so honored to be called names than I have on this site. The most satisfying moments is having some freshman bitch call me a dumbfuck when they are posting on a site dedicated to a genre they don’t like and only fit in because they have learned how to regurgitate bullshit. Some young fucking penis who has no idea what they are talking about, never had an original idea in his life, and who goes from posting here to posting on a gamespot about how awesome Stalker 2 and Thief 4 will be.

And I’m not including people who have different tastes or ideas on what a good rpg is or should be, such as galsiah and ghan burgundy (or however it’s spelt). Smart people who speak from experience and who have original idea, but have also been cursed with bad taste. These are people worth talking to. I disagree with shagak and nakedlunch, section 8 and VD, roleplayer, etc, but again, these are people that have the ability to analyze, come up with their own point of view based on experience and knowledge, and understand basic concepts.

The goal of this site shouldn’t be trying to increase its base, since most of it’s base right now is worthless. Instead of focusing on banning TNP you should ban or constantly attack the multitudes who post here that have no idea what they are saying beyond they can say stupid shit with immunity and get credit for going along with and repeating what the hive mind spouts. Focus on that goal and I guarantee the dumbfuckery will dwindle to nothing and the posts about niggers and jews will end. Make it worth getting into discussions with actual intelligent, knowledgeable, and experienced people again.

I’ve never been so annoyed than reading through rpg threads here, why should I not try and be annoying back? If ignorance and retardness rules the day on the topic this site is dedicated to, why shouldn’t I try and annoy the masses that post here? And if the few people that I do respect here get annoyed with me, well, that’s collateral damage. It can’t be avoided and I don’t apologize since no one seems to care that the average poster here is a poser bitch of the most despicable and sophomoric kind.
And no, I’m not saying that I’m not a dumbfuck. I do and say stupid shit all the time. Recently, I probably pissed of someone I consider a good friend by getting in a slight argument with some bioware pansy. I should’ve kept my mouth shut. Also I consider VD a good friend and I’ve probably pisssed him off being an idiot here somehow. Who knows? Of course, the whole thing with bryce makes me a dumbfuck, but if he wasn’t a dramatic idiot we could’ve taken care of that through PM. And I do have multiple people helping me locate him so I can continue being a dumbfuck as I find him and commence punching him repeatedly in his facial region. Maybe if I wasn’t such a dumbfuck I’d let that go, but I never will. Never. I don’t have it in me to my dumbfuckery runs so deep.

But that’s neither here nor there. If you start phasing out the people that have no business posting here the nonsense that causes this site to have a bad name will also stop. You can have members that cover the gamut from rpg-hippies with piss poor taste to purists like me, but make sure they have something worthwhile to say and they speak from knowledge and experience and are not just regurgitating what’s safe to say like a bandwagon pansy ass bitch who complains about Oblivion as they play through it for the umpteenth time.

Also, if you put an end to the racism, why not also try and put an end to all the pirating talk that is accepted and embraced by the 12-year-old thieves here. This site will never be credible if people continue to help others find and pirate shit with open arms and impunity. Does anyone else see the conflict of interest of trying to promote this site as a indie hub while its also a pirate-den? Promoting indie, real-rpgs, is a noble cause that is kind of diminished if that promotion is more harmful to the developers of those games because you learn about how to steal them in a thread below how good the game is. As adults who don’t get amazed that a girl might post here, or change the topic of any thread that a picture of a girl is posted in, it might be a duty of ours to explain to the children here why stealing is bad and damaging to the hobby they claim they like and to the goals of the community that they don’t really belong in.

So, in closing, along with racism and forum trolling, you might want to phase out the retards who have no business being here in the first place, and put an end to the pirate embracement and promotions. And maybe flame to death any and all retards that make a big deal about a girl posting, so that people shut the fuck and stop derailing threads when a picture is posted of one. Basically, take the site back from the retarded, refine the base until the remaining people left are capable of intelligent disvussion that might or might not be racy. The way to do this is to flame the retards to death, make this place very hostile and unwelcoming to the rampant and majority of fps fans who made this site their home. Constantly make them prove they know what they are talking about with experience and knowledge and that they aren’t regurgitating the same old song and dance everyone here seems to spout.

If you actually like rpgs, pick a random thread that seems to have some sort of rpg topic, read through it and tell me it isn’t embarrassing. You can’t. This site is filled with bryces of varying degrees and just putting an end to racist nonsense is not even close to enough.

aries202

Erudite
sportforredneck said:
Does this mean I can't continue my pro-Zionist agenda?

I still think you will be able to continue your pro-zionist agende, if your arguments and reaons are -- well - reasonable. You probably won't be able to post stuff like what Calis gave as an example. But something along the lines of 'I believe the jews should have their own sate, because of so & so, or so & so'. 99,5% of all posts on the Codex are this way anyway (ok, maybe only 99%, but you get the idea...) since the Codex is famous for his reader's and poster's intelligence.

I haven't noticed any 'racist' threads myself, but as a whole, I fully support this move.
While you still can say something along the lines of 'a society that is monocultural is better, since so and so' you can't longer say anything about how it is all the Danish people's faults, or single out a entire population and blame everything on them.

Nice move, Codex :)

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
aries202 said:
99,5% of all posts on the Codex are this way anyway (ok, maybe only 99%, but you get the idea...) since the Codex is famous for his reader's and poster's intelligence.

Apart from the 60% of "This is a failure of the free market" and "It's global warming!" posts, yeah, kinda.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom